[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of trying to do a doujin - Any tips?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: fuckmethisisbad.jpg (424KB, 801x837px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmethisisbad.jpg
424KB, 801x837px
Sorry for the rushjob picture but my pressure sensitivities kicked itself and I just wanted this thread out.

But yeah, as it says, I want to try and draw a doujin about Mao and Sapphire fucking (Or a girl/regular Axel being a whore). My only experience with comic making is being a colorist and I'm pretty confident in doing greyscales.

Actual construction and drawing on the other hand...one of my main problems is consistency, I'm gonna try to study their refs and draw them 100 times to get down their design.

Do any experienced comic makers have any tips?
>>
>>2293104
You can't color or draw. Refer to the sticky.
>>
>>2293104
>>2293110
I think it's pretty cute
>>
>>2293114
well I guess
>>
File: iwanttopetmaoshair.jpg (117KB, 527x524px) Image search: [Google]
iwanttopetmaoshair.jpg
117KB, 527x524px
>>2293110
desu I'm just crapping out quick sketches?
That's why it's lower quality.
>>2293114
Thanks at least.
>>
Has /ic/ always been this bait dense or am I looking into the past with rose colored goggles?
>>
>>2293143
Who's baiting?

I'm asking a legitimate question about comic experience.
>>
>>2293144
You need to learn how to draw before you consider making a doujin. I know you're going to "muh quick sketches" but they show you lack fundamental knowledge.
>>
>>2293104

Nobody here can stop you from making a doujin :p, so just go for it!

unless you take what people say here too personally and lose faith & motivation
>>
>>2293149
Then mind telling me what I need to improve on? This is a artwork/critque board.
>>
File: 1446606408703.png (75KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
1446606408703.png
75KB, 348x301px
>>2293151
You need to learn to draw.
As in you lack fundamental knowledge in pretty much every facet of art.

In short: Loomis.
>>
File: fundamentals.jpg (39KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
fundamentals.jpg
39KB, 300x426px
>>2293158
I'm sorry, but I really can't take you seriously unless you give me something a little more specific? All I'm really reading is 'you're bad'
>>
>>2293162
I think anon is getting at that you need to start making serious drawings instead of just quick sketches before considering a doujin. If you do, go ahead and post them.
>>
post your non-sketch work.
>>
File: censoredver.jpg (232KB, 603x852px) Image search: [Google]
censoredver.jpg
232KB, 603x852px
>>2293171
THANK YOu.
Yeah, that honestly is a 'problem' for me, since I end up hating my shit at the lineart layer.
Stuff like like pic related is generally what I consider one of my better pictures.
>>
>>2293121

Why are you showing quick sketches you "crap out" when asking for /ic/'s suggestions?
If you want suggestions relevant to your skill level you should post something representative of the quality you'd do your doujin in.
>>
>>2293184
Yeah, you're right.
I just didn't know what to post that was relevent I guess.
>>
>>2293188
You suck at drawing. You cant even make a simple background. Your anatomy is garbage.
Kill yourself. Drink bleach. Suck loomis's dick.
>>
File: 1382959866629.jpg (11KB, 228x244px) Image search: [Google]
1382959866629.jpg
11KB, 228x244px
i would actually consider contributing to this topic if only the thread wasn't such a shitshow.
why don't you crap out a doujin using those quick sketches of yours.
i don't even know what you want
>>
>>2293293
shit i laughed so hard when i read this. Thanks for the laughs
>>
>>2293121
you should crap out blood and die because these are fucking shit

read the fucking sticky hot damn
>>
>>2293104
>>2293121
B L O G
L
O
G
>>
>>2293968
shit taste
h
i
t

t
a
s
t
e
>>
File: KuoK.jpg (210KB, 585x790px) Image search: [Google]
KuoK.jpg
210KB, 585x790px
>>2293104

Hi OP,

People saying not to make a comic are giving bad advice. Make a comic, but try and improve at the same time.

If you look at say Berserk you can see how he improved throughout the years of doing it.

Take a chapter of say Loomis, learn 1 concept from it try to include that 1 concept on one of the pages. Say for example you learned 8 heads then maybe try and draw a 8 headed guy in one of the pages of the comic.

The worst thing you can do is wait until you get better to start.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.