[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art Commission questions

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 75462252.gif (161KB, 170x258px) Image search: [Google]
75462252.gif
161KB, 170x258px
hiya /ic/

for the people that do art commissioning, what are the most annoying things to you? do you get annoyed the most by vagueness, someone who can't make up their mind, or someone who is really picky and keeps asking for readjustments?

pic unrelated
>>
>>2278086
fuck off weeb, your kind is not appreciated here.
>>
>>2278089
>your kind is not appreciated here

well that's fucking wrong lel
>>
>>2278089
nigga u on 4chan
>>
>>2278089
3 against one what now fag? you just got proven wrong :^)
>>
>>2278115
>>2278108
>>2278104
the same people that think anime is art, this is why you will never git gud
>>
I've never had a too specific commission. The most annoying stuff commissioners do is when they aren't happy with the end result because of the lack of poor descriptions, references or whatever. I'm not a mind reader , tell me what you want or dont complain about what you get.

I'm perfectly fine with more freedom too but you can't complain about me using that freedom afterwards.
>>
>>2278116
>this is why you will never git gud
>said the guy that was just proven wrong

:^)
>>
>>2278086
Depends on the price. Generally I do my stuff at around $25-$40 for full body, colored and no background. At that price, after I show you the sketch and you OK it, the most I'm okay with after I finish 99% of it (barring their approval) are minor adjustments, like fixing up shadows, messing with effects, etc
>>
>>2278138
Portfolio?
>>
>>2278123

Hey, senpai. Why not ask your commissioners to buy play-doh and ask them to model the poses they want, then have them send a photo of the exact angle they want? There would be fewer misunderstandings then.
>>
>>2278086
I've had actual commissions (ie not some small private commission) where they are like "we'll know it when we see it". Worst fucking thing ever to hear from a client because you're just doing guesswork on what they want and will need to likely do a ton of revisions and options and stuff and they still probably won't be happy.
>>
I fucking hate people who don't know what they want. They often don't even make any effort to communicate their idea and if you don't get it exactly how they imagined it they will blame you.

Here's a story:
I was dealing with a moron recently who couldn't even type. Made a photoreal exploded 3d model of an electronic device. He gave me literally a line drawing with 4 circles and list of parts; did not consider in his 'design' the size of parts, how the plastic parts fit together so I had to make everything up. I shouldn't be the person who fucking figures out how shit comes together guy should have actually designed it in his blueprint. Sometimes it's difficult to go back as you build things on top of each other so you ask to approve before going to next stage. Guy says everything is OK then 5 hours later says 'can you change this, that'. This was my first online job and I got paid and managed to reach some kind of compromise but will never deal with someone like that again. I over-delivered as I guess the website works like Ebay and your reputation matters but I cringe when even thinking of doing shit like this again. I rather stay in IT then deal with people like that every day even though I deal with many idiots.
>>
>>2279946

if you have to deal with people like that at all you are just too early down the road. i have never ever had any issues with clients (other than them loving the work but needing 5 reminders before paying the invoice).

if the guy you are dealing with cannot even communicate clearly tell him to fuck off and salvage your time lol.
>>
>>2278086
>when you give them a quote and they never respond
>>
Could anyone who makes commissions also post their profile/portfolio?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.