[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Cole Drawing.jpg (2MB, 3591x3926px) Image search: [Google]
Cole Drawing.jpg
2MB, 3591x3926px
>>
>>2271005
read the fuckin sticky and loomis
>>
Fucking hybrider I'm gonna get my m8 so ice barrage you
>>
>>2271005

don't upload 3600x4000 files faggot. i'm not waiting for that shit to load.
>>
stop following cubebrush tutorials
>>
>>2271050
My exact thoughts
>>
>>2271005
Shading is wrong and everything he has equipped looks painted on. So an overall lack of depth.
>>
>>2271099
i'd recognize that apeface anywhere
>>
too much shit, simplify it
>>
>>2271164
Fucking this. How did it take so long for somebody to mention this?

Despite all that shit being tacked on, it's still a very boring and unmemorable design. Study how to make an effective character design.
>>
Everything looks flat, so yo'u;re lacking volume, the balance and legs are off, simplify this shit and learn to do the basics before polishing a turd senpai
>>
Lay off the Assassin's Creed.
>>
>>2271050
How did you know I was using those tutorials?
>>
>>2271005
That's just unpleasant to look at
>>
>>2271005
besides the whole "everything looks awful" thing you've got going on, the outfit looks overdesigned
>>
>>2271005
could have been worse.
learn to draw clothes
>>
>>2272205

because you did the exact same face, same color and same lightning
>>
Please stop drawing apes. Stick to human beings for now. You need to master realism before you can stylize.
>>
>looks over designed..
Overdesigned? In reality it's not designed enough. Maybe you don't know what character design is.

>>2271005
There's no design going on, just random shit thrown together. His jacket is plain and boring, the pants are plain, hairstyle is boring and same with the shoes. What time period is this supposed to be from? He's got on wingtip shoes, black skinny leg jeans, a white waiters coat with an egyptionish looking falcon design, a cowboy style belt buckle (turquoise stone that's associated with mexico, in the US anyway) and michael jackson gloves. Yet he has 15 century weapons.

You need to figure out what it is your trying to draw and then look up references for those time periods to help inform your design. Having an overall theme or design motif and incorporate that into the different parts of the costumes, like the falcon design could help bring things together. Look up references for similar shirt/coats like he's wearing and see what sorts of pants and shoes fit with it.

In the image I posted the designs aren't overly complex but the artist new what time period they were designing for, looked up ref and then use their imagination to create designs influenced by those. That, in conjunction with fundamentals in drawing and rendering, is what you need to work on.
>>
File: Untitled.png (203KB, 480x431px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
203KB, 480x431px
>>2273721
>There's no design going on, just random shit thrown together.

exactly what I wanted to post.

obvious quality aside
>putting a fucking compass on a bandolier

everytime you wanted to take a peek on the compass you will have to either unhook the bottom part of the bandolier or bend down 160 degrees to look at it, there's no thought process behind this design.
>>
>>2273727
or the compass could come off

stop niche picking, what's important has been said
>>
>>2271005
What appears to be both 2 strung bows, and quiver on back.

Firstly why does he have 2 bows?
Secondly, when fru fru rapier boy bends over, he's going to have a bad time, take those off and put them somewhere less hollywood retarded. Same goes for the constantly smacking him in the back of the leg quasi back scabbard.
>>
He doesn't have enough weapons and his ears don't stick out enough.
>>
Seems like you're trying to cover your lack of fundamentals with shitload of unnecessary details.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.