[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

poo

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1444186131697.jpg (468KB, 1360x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1444186131697.jpg
468KB, 1360x2048px
What's the point of trying to get good if you weren't born with natural skill?
>>
>>2243487
I find it's less to do with natural skill and more the ability to enjoy practicing for hours. Volume and effort beats thinking about it hard a million fold.
>>
>>2243490
I don't have an issue with putting in time and effort because I enjoy it but when I think about the future its a little disheartening
>>
>>2243496
Making money and building a future with art as a career has much more to do with making things people enjoy seeing, marketing and business sense than it has to do with achieving the skill level that only a naturally gifted person could achieve.

There are lots of very mediocre webcomic- and fanartists who are far worse than the artist you posted, yet they make 10 times more money than he does.
>>
>>2243487
"natural skill" accounts for less than 1% of a pro artist skillset. Don't delude yourself.
>>
>>2243505
>There are lots of very mediocre webcomic- and fanartists who are far worse than the artist you posted, yet they make 10 times more money than he does.
And this is what you should truly be concerned of.
>>
>>2243487
What's the point of life at all?
>>
>>2243487
Oh look, it's this thread again.
>>
>>2243565
Every single week. But, let's practice, guys! use some construction to draw your future, dude!
>>
I think people who are 'naturally skilled' are just people who naturally enjoy art more.
>>
>>2243508
I mean yeah if you're in the business for starting a movement...

But really it's the fork where you must decide if you're a hobbyist that really doesn't need anything to do with fame or someone that is going to devote their breathing hours to this craft so they can pay rent.
>>
>>2243487
Dont be dumb, if you see something mind blowing artwork,probably the 80-90% of that is practice. Imho the talent is the smaller part in this.
"I dont have natural skill'' is just a bad execuse when you are lazy to put time and energy (years of practice!) in your development.
>>
>>2243487
Despite all the retarded replies in this thread entertaining the idea, the only correct answer is "talent" doesn't exist. Only hard work and discipline prevent people from being gud.

Go study moron, you probably haven't even put in 100 hours yet and you're already complaining your shit tier work isn't pro level yet.
>>
>>2243487

What's the point of doing anything if it was all easy?
>>
>>2246732
>the only correct answer is "talent" doesn't exist.
No, the correct answer is that talent is useless. It's foolish to think it doesn't exist.
>>
>>2246732
>>2246762
The correct answer is to stop using the word "talent" when you really mean intelligence. Intelligent people will always be better at anything that requires you to use your brain and solve problems. No one is born with the talent to be good at art, only with the brain capacity to understand certain concepts more quickly than others.
>>
>people still replying to this bait
>>
>>2246769
>No one is born with the talent to be good at art, only with the brain capacity to understand certain concepts more quickly than others.
And why isn't that the definition of talent?
>Oh, you have such intelligence for art.
>My child is very intelligent at science.
>>
>>2246771
it's not talent, it's skills which the subject got while doing other activities, and which are interchangeable, but he/ others might not be aware of

e.g. an digital artist can become good at traditional art, or viceversa, faster than a normal person can, because he got a set of skill (like the ability to stay on a single piece longer) on which he can build on

ppl good at science usually like to question things, why? how? etc., ppl good at art like to explore etc. which is the opposite of normal ppl who, just like shit artists/ scientists/ managers /etc, don't like to leave their comfort zone
>>
>>2246717
This is what people with no-skill say to justify having no skill <:^)
>>
>>2246732
>talent doesn't exist because i say so
>what is circular logic
>>
>>2246819
What? Are you a fucking moron or something? If you suck and you don't believe in talent but only in hard work, you have no excuse and no one to blame but yourself. If you suck and you do believe in talent, THEN you have an excuse.
>>
>>2243487

Do whatever the hell you want to do.

What does it matter if you're talented or not if you don't even like what you're doing?
>>
>>2246821
>talent exists because people say so
>what is circular logic
>>
>>2246855
Talent exists because it's evident.
Also holy shit you faggots are at this stupid shit again.
>>
File: 20151010_211142.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20151010_211142.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Kinda neat just cause
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.