[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

computer drawing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: zhuangzi-butterfly-pine-nap.jpg (49KB, 470x352px) Image search: [Google]
zhuangzi-butterfly-pine-nap.jpg
49KB, 470x352px
How do I start drawing with a computer? I have been drawing seriously for about 10 years, but my experience and usual workflow isn't translating well to the computer. On top of that, most tutorials are complete ass.
>>
File: ayanameme.png (1002KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
ayanameme.png
1002KB, 640x400px
This is an example of what I have done so far. I find that I can only really make memes and shitty anime-esque stuff.
>>
>>505698
do you have a tablet? you need a program like krita, sai, etc. I dont think youve been doing art for 10 years if thats all you can produce
>>
File: my first tablet drawing.jpg (107KB, 986x624px) Image search: [Google]
my first tablet drawing.jpg
107KB, 986x624px
this was my first
>>
>>505717
I don't have a tablet, and everything I have drawn up to this point has been irl. I usually draw detailed, highly stylized stuff with micron pens and paint them with water colors, but I can't translate that to the computer at all.
>>
>>505741
you need a tablet or a pad.
>>
practice. it's a tool, it can be learnt and mastered.

sit down and explore it, mess around and get comfortable.
>>
File: try2.png (241KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
try2.png
241KB, 1500x1500px
>>505785
Do you have any recommendations for a beginner tablet? I've tried looking at some reviews and lists but they all seem to devolve into advertisements. Also, pic is attempt no 3 at drawing on a computer.
>>
File: Not this one dumbdumb.gif (308KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Not this one dumbdumb.gif
308KB, 480x270px
>>505856
>Also, pic is attempt no 3 at drawing on a computer.
>>
File: k.png (314KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
314KB, 1500x1500px
>>505965
You get the point.
>>
>>505856
not him but get you a Wacom Intuos Draw. It's an entry-level tablet with an acceptable amount of drawing space and no expensive screen to scratch. You can also DIY like a bajillion replacement nibs for fractions of a penny each with .065in nylon weedwhacker cord, which is good because the included nibs suck dick and wear out fast. Make sure to register the tablet with Wacom so you can get ArtRage for free. AR is painting software that emulates traditional media. Registering gets you the Lite version, which is plenty enough for most people.

Your first challenge with any tablet will be getting used to the physical disconnection between the pen and the cursor on the screen.
>>
File: reimunoLines.png (107KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
reimunoLines.png
107KB, 1500x1500px
>>506069
Thanks for the advice. Can I get by using gimp, or does a more specialized program make that much of a difference?
>>
>>506157
GIMP is another solid choice, it has uses outside of digital painting (photo editing and graphic design),and a broader community which is good for finding resources. I also recall there being adjustable settings for tablets.
>>
>>506210
After I sent this post I started encountering some issues that stem from the fact that gimp uses raster images. I think I might use inkscape or something similar for (at the least) line work.
>>
File: 1497070023512-i.png (696KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1497070023512-i.png
696KB, 1500x1500px
also, made some progress. Any suggestions?
>>
>>506223
stop
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.