[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dead board but its a better place to ask than /ic/ how okay is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: 2017-04-06 (4).png (354KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-06 (4).png
354KB, 1366x768px
dead board but its a better place to ask than /ic/
how okay is the anatomy in this wip? i've always been shitty at anatomy so i really would like advice
i know her right arm is fucked but its a quick base sketch
>>
>>499402
are you even looking at the reference image at all
>>
>>499402
it is somewhat proportioned. The biggest mistake here is the right arm. The thick part should be near the elbow and not in the middle.

And now that I look closer, her neck and shoulders are way too big for a girl.
>>
>>499402
the biggest mistake is the shape of her head, less oval more circle

get rid of the nose bridge, and make the mouth much narrower

change the hair to be straighter, and make it wider behind the top of her head
>>
>>499408
if you're not trying to replicate the style, just ignore me and listen to >>499407
>>
File: 2017-04-06 (5).png (318KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-06 (5).png
318KB, 1366x768px
>>499407
>>499408
thanks for the advice, i followed it(?)
nose looks much better without the ridge honestly, i'm not trying to replicate the style but it still does
and i knew about the mouth a bit, i just didn't want to try and make it perfect, spending like 5 minutes redoing it when this was a sketch and wasn't "complete" yet
now, ignoring the ass on her head that i just noticed, i'm wondering what i could do to make the v-sign look better, there's just something off about it that i can't describe. like with many people i'm shit at drawing hands
>>
>>499415
I just looked at my hand in that v-shape, hand pose whatever, and I'd say it looks like her thumb is broken, and maybe positioned too low on the hand?
>>
File: quick edit.png (310KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
quick edit.png
310KB, 1366x768px
>>499402
you have to learn perspective if you want to use an image like that as a reference and manipulate the pose. I suggest drawing some boxes
>>
why dont you want to post this in /ic/?
they'll help you.
>>
File: cubes.png (138KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cubes.png
138KB, 800x600px
>>499427
>>
>>499415
you made her look like a crossdressing man, tone those fucking eyebrows down
>>
>>499402
>i know her right arm is fucked but its a quick base sketch

Even in the quick base sketch, it has to be right. The reason you do underdrawing is that you get all the proportions and perspective right with minimal drawing effort, so you can get an overview quickly without getting precious about how much effort you put into it.

For you though, never mind anatomy now. Get better at drawing. Draw from reference to study, and learn about lines of action etc so you can create a nice flow in you own drawings.
>>
>>499402
>dead board
you're a dead board, man
>>
>>499402

Post this, not as a new thread, but in the /beg/ thread. They're very helpful there.
/ic/ is all about shitposting, doodles and requests, so if you're serious about improving, go to the /beg/ thread + read the sticky on /ic/.
>>
File: lol.png (142KB, 873x650px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
142KB, 873x650px
>>499431
Basic idea is right but you also need help with perspective lol. No matter what angle you tilt a cube, you can always draw a circle and have it perfectly fit inside it. Granted, it'll be off a little bit if you freehand the circle but as long as you draw big, a few millimeters of error won't matter as much as if you're drawing small. Also, you fucked up some of the converging lines in some of your boxes
>>
>>499693
There were more errors but those were the major ones I bothered fixing. The more a plane tilts towards you, the more parallel and less angled they get. The more it tilts away from you the more the lines of the plane converge at a steep angle. This is why 45 degree cubes have both lines on both sides equal length because both sides are tilting exactly the same amount away from the viewer. Really you need to see the Marshall Vandruff videos on perspective, it'll set you guys straight (sticky on /ic/ should have it)
>>
>>499695
no amount of watching videos or reading textbooks is going to get you to draw better. the only way to get better at drawing is to draw. the point with the boxes is to understand perspective. once OP gets a "feel" for it, it will come naturally, OP just has to draw more.
also, how come you assumed that all the boxes are using the same points of perspective? imo you've made a real ass of yourself analyzing a quick doodle with a faulty assumption and giving criticism like "you fucked up some converging lines" when the only boxes in two point perspective are the three on the top right. you've made a strong argument as to why OP shouldn't go to /ic/. Because its full of d/ic/ks who think they know everything.

"let me help you" said the monkey to the fish as he placed him in a tree.
>>
>>499711
You can't take criticism can you?
It doesn't matter what perspective points you have, things going away from you always get smaller in space. You clearly need more practice because when you try to make parallel lines you sometimes skew them causing the back to become bigger than the front, ruining your perspective. That's why I assumed you were using 3 point perspective because you were so shit at making parallel lines. Why not be safe and use 3 point perspective then? You don't have to worry about parallel lines and all you have to do is skew your lines in the other way. You talk about drawing a lot, but you don't even know how to draw through forms which is a fundamental skill that lots of professional artists will tell you is something you need to be able to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uEtdDvK6Xo&t=587s
Also, you're retarded to think that videos and textbooks aren't going to help. Nobody said you should just watch and read and not draw, you're oversimplifying the argument. It helps to have someone show you the moves to see what works. There's a reason why teachers and books exist. It's just like working out, if you sit there and pump iron all day but don't have any discipline in how you do it you'll get stronger but it will be a very gradual increase. However, someone who does the exercises correctly under the guidance of someone who knows what they're doing. Art is the same way: You can just draw a lot and you will be good after a couple years but if you seriously study AND draw you will learn very fast. Don't be a baby when someone tries to help you.
>>
>>499724
However, someone who does the exercises correctly under the guidance of someone who knows what they're doing, they'll improve a lot more and a lot faster*
>>
>>499724
>"It doesn't matter what perspective points you have, things going away from you always get smaller in space"
where did I say otherwise? and what does this have to do with you incorrectly assuming that all the boxes I drew were on the same perspective?
clearly you missed the point of my post, which was that you are giving help to where it is not wanted, and is actually detrimental given your faulty assumptions and ardent need to prove a point. you spent probably more time writing those comments and critiquing that image than I did actually drawing it.

Let me illustrate something for you so you can understand what you did incorrectly with the boxes. Pretend all these figures are boxes, what you did was group all of them together and said "you fucked up converging lines... use 3 point perspective" when they were all drawn individually (except the three boxes which i mentioned). I also said no amount of reading or watching videos will get you to be better at drawing, the only way to get better at drawing is to draw. you incorrectly interpreted this as "books and teachers are stupid". Right now, im just wondering if you're being willfully ignorant, or are just the type of person that OP will meet when he asks for help on that friendly board /ic/. youre doing a very poor job at persuading me.
also can you post one of your drawings?
>>
>>499415
Not sure if you're still around, but the reason something looks off about the v-sign is that shes in a rather unnatural pose. Her elbow going down in front of her waist looks very weird, especially with the other hand on her hip.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.