[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

spaceship design request

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

hello /i/
please help
i have already posted to /ic/ for this
i have come to you today from /tg/ in hopes of asking for some ideas and or designs for some different looking space ships
im running a game that is set in space and im out of starship designs. google images has given all its got and its mostly iconic ships that are simple to recognize and i have come up with some ships myself but im out of ideas so im asking for some quick and simple but different looking ships

im needing

a space battleship / dreadnought (that doesn't look like a water based ship put in space)

a luxury passenger ship (lots of room for fun stuff inside) no weapons luxury liner the love boat kinda thing

a ghost ship / haunted / creepy (the “flying duchman” of space, weird science and dark arts combined, space horror stuff)

a WTF ship that is made of parts that were never meant to be a space ship by someone who somehow made a pile or unrelated things work together like a spaceship (kinda a junkyard special, but doesn't look like a flying garbage pile)

a space pirate ship (looks like a peaceful ship to the authorities but when it wants to it becomes a battle / boarding / smuggling ship)

a science ship explorer. lots of different sensors and sciency looking stuff and labs for doing experiments

an alien mystery ship. like stonehenge and the eater island heads. really different and with nothing to give any clues as to who built it, why, how, how long ago, or even what all the things your looking at are meant to do, or why its in this place. but definitely not made by humans

not asking for much just some ideas that are not star trek, star wars, a space airplane, a water ocean going ship put in space, or the flying angular dildo. that seems to be the few sci fi designs for all space ships
>>
Interesting thread, anon. This isn't a delivery, it's just a star wars ship I've designed. It's designed to be a mobile stronghold for the leader of an organization based in the unknown regions. The armor is an artificial metal crafted to mimic the molecular structure of a another material, that being, the scales of a dragon like humanoid species. It's 1200 meters long and is designed to interact with other ships. I have other designs on mind, but they're all star wars. If I make a design that matches something you need it's all yours, but I can't make any promises. Sorry if this was off topic.
>>
>>494126
Question,
Are you wanting ships that would fly in the real world space?
Or space as defined by star wars and star trek where the laws of physics need not apply.
>>
>>494126
try to arrange things so that related components can all be lined up in the same direction.

For instance go with center line turrets instead of wing turrets.

For another remember that aerodynamics are of lesser importance in space and that you can move and rotate in any direction and be approached from any direction, so don't build something with an unprotected "underside" as though it were an ocean going vessel.
>>
>>494126
freighters should be modular.
>>
>>494126
im not good at drawing, but i like sci-fi so i might have some ideas (as a sample i drew this in a few minutes. its not really a spaceship because of the jet engine but whatever)
>>
File: totaly generic spaceship.png (10KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
totaly generic spaceship.png
10KB, 800x600px
>>496458
forgot the file :p
>>
File: Cargoship.jpg (319KB, 1039x772px) Image search: [Google]
Cargoship.jpg
319KB, 1039x772px
>>494126
Dunno if this helps, but it was fun to sketch out.
>>
I'll help you OP but so help me god if you never come back to this thread and I waste my time sketching for you
>>
Try photo collage with symmetry.

So you take photographs that have cool textures, colors, and things you like, and use a lasso tool to cut out a random shape. Copy that shape and paste, then flip it and now you have a symmetrical shape made of unique textures and etc.

If you know how to draw in perspective, you can then use that shape and information to come up with some cool new ideas yourself.

Concept artists like Feng Zhu use this method sometimes.

Another thing you can do is look up random things on google, insects etc. and use those to help you come up with designs.

Never forget the important thing about running a game (I assume you're doing table top RPG or something similar) which is story, keeping people's interest, conflict, getting the players to feel like their decisions matter and like their actions matter in the story, etc.

Don't get too hung up on side things like spaceship designs, it's a colossal waste of time that could be spent to make your game a better experience in a more direct way.

Unless you're doing a video game or something that relies on visuals this is entirely way too much time spent thinking about a visual design.

I'm actually oddly qualified to answer this question, because I've been a GM of table tops for over 20 years AND I'm an artist.
>>
File: IMG_2758.png (467KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2758.png
467KB, 750x1334px
generic silhouettes are what I'm willing to give for free
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.