[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this art?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: yy.png (18KB, 435x585px) Image search: [Google]
yy.png
18KB, 435x585px
Is this art?
>>
yyes.png
>>
File: tegaki.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
7KB, 400x400px
>>484518
is this some i meme?
>>
File: IMG_5559.jpg (148KB, 750x1293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5559.jpg
148KB, 750x1293px
Only if you can prove that it warrants that qualifier. Luckily for you, what makes art "art" isn't defined enough for anybody here to say with 100% certainty (and certainly not any authority) that what you've got there is or is not art.

If you believe that art imitates life then you could make a pretty solid claim pertaining to the artfulness of your art. It's a star. It's what people understand as a symbol for those tiny white dots in the night sky. So under this pretense it is indeed art. The worth of this art is debatable of course, and would be based mostly on how it ranks against tenets of art and art theory and all that BS.

I'm assuming that the lines that make up that star are curves with equations. If that's really the case then you've accomplished a lovely fusion of art and math, which are typically regarded as polar opposites (from a generalized point of view). If you're trying to say that your art is valuable because of this conjoining, that this conjoining is what is beautiful, then that's pretty subjective because just as you're fusing the "topics" of art and math, you're simultaneously fusing (or attempting to fuse) patrons of these topics. Personally I'd say it's legit, but a hardcore mathematician might not appreciate the aesthetics of something so functional, and a staunch artist might not value the synergy that these dry, functional equations result in.
>>
>>487563
And that's the goddamn problem with everything; subjectivity. Embrace the following doublethought: nobody cares about whether or not you think it's art along with the inverse; everybody cares and forms a private mental image of you based on your opinions. It's up to you to decide whether or not you're going to take what you believe others' mental images (everybody cares) and build your own self-image using those as foundation, or if you're going to blow all that off and do your own thang (nobody cares). And therein lies the greatest blessing of our current circumstance. You're on an anonymous Malaysian dildo factory worker support group website; nobody knows whether you believe everyone cares or nobody does.
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
lol shut up nerds
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.