[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I draw better

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: tegaki.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4KB, 400x400px
I want to draw a relay cool magna like narruto or dragonzball d.

Just kidding, though seriously, I'd like to learn to draw manga-style art. Any tips?
>>
File: shapes.png (357KB, 863x685px) Image search: [Google]
shapes.png
357KB, 863x685px
>>478072
It's all about learning shapes and then creating a memory bank in your head where to put shit around the shapes.

Start out with practicing the head.
Draw a round circle and learn how to apply shit around the circle.
After that do the same thing with the rest of the body.
Then do the same thing for clothing etc.
Then do the same thing but in different angles.
3 years later and you'll be semi good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT-5w5_v1rI
>>
>>478074
Also remember to not take your training art seriously and if it looks like poop just keep drawing anyway.

It will most presumably look like shit for many months to come but if you stop you're not learning anything. It gets better every day after you sleep since when you sleep your brain stores your knowledge better.
>>
File: eyes.jpg (46KB, 564x851px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
46KB, 564x851px
>>
File: emotions.gif (116KB, 2033x1100px) Image search: [Google]
emotions.gif
116KB, 2033x1100px
>>
>>478074

Thanks for the advice.
But apply what? "shit" isn't very descriptive
>>
File: example.png (351KB, 2833x1375px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
351KB, 2833x1375px
>>478078
Aka everything that isnt the circle. Where should the chin be in relation to the circle, where should the eyes be in relation to the circle. Etc etc.

Later when you do the chest you make it into a specific shape and then you learn where the armpits/breasts etc are in relation to the shape for the chest.

Example:
The jaw comes down from the sides of the circle to start bending inwards at around where the circle ends, to finally stop a third length of a circle.
Check my pic.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.