[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /i/ think about tracing? Any well known cases of artists

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (430KB, 746x923px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
430KB, 746x923px
What does /i/ think about tracing? Any well known cases of artists being caught red-handed?

yes this is art related fuck you
>>
>>469038
Me, well I don't trace. It felt cheap to draw something that the idea wasn't created by you.

Do they deserve to be called artists?
>>
It's acceptable for practice reasons, at least
>>
If you use it only to practice and you truly feel it helps you better understand what you're looking at, then I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. For the intent of creating actual art, I do not feel that tracing is an acceptable method, especially if you're tracing the art of someone else.

If you need to do mindless hand exercises it may be a useful tool, like if you've recently changed the way you hold a drawing utensil (as I did a few years ago). It may be good for that as you won't need to also devote brain power to interpreting what you see. However, because drawing is a cognitive thing, I do not feel it's very useful for actual practicing and understanding the form of something.
>>
Tracing is a crutch that no artist should depend upon- the artist should instead train theirself to be able to break an object (any object) into 3d forms, keep them proportional, feel and create an illusion of depth and form. Tracing very much gets in the way of that, as well as being a hindrance to hand-eye-coordination.
>>
>>469225
I want /ic/ to leave
>>
>>469301
why so? Do you admit that you trace too?
>>
>>469305
yes, I do trace. a lot.
>>
>>469306
reee.
But really, you'll end up as the same as OP's pic.
>>
File: lulz.png (291KB, 715x398px) Image search: [Google]
lulz.png
291KB, 715x398px
>>469310
But OP isn't even traced. Don't talk to me about hand-eye-coordination and my ability to break things down into three dimensional forms if you can't even see that the angles and proportions are different and thus make the drawing not a trace.

So no, I wouldn't mind ending like OP. Stop being a pretentious elitist. Tracing is a tool like everything else. There are literally no rules against it.

inb4 muh originality

Go study boxes in perspective for years, I'm tracing the grand masters and you can't do anything about it!
>>
File: 1448029621554.gif (506KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1448029621554.gif
506KB, 540x540px
>>469311
>Go study boxes in perspective for years
literally takes you a week and thats if you are retarded.

not against tracing and not even that guy.
>>
>>469311
>But OP isn't even traced
What the fuck are you talking about?

Really though, it's not how elitist you are if you compare each others' cocks. It's just not inspiring to look at because you happen to see the same thing you over and over.

Heh, tracing grand masters won't make you good, because what you do is just cheap.

Just draw doodles if you want to be >muh original
christ. You're not Bob Ross or some popular artist and you think that tracing is a "tool" that you use in making art.
But yeah, keep being ignorant because I know that you're wrong.
>>
Yup, I'm the dude. I don't have anything in particular against tracing- it's certainly fine if you're just fucking around with memes or something, such as in a "draw your fave character like" thread, or like that "Micro Heroes" pixel art thing. In those cases, if tracing/using a template makes the job quicker, then that's perfectly fine. Like you said, there's no rule against it.
However, if you're wanting to learn to draw something or create your own original compositions, it's not going to help you all that much, as >>469077 stated before.
Sorry if I came across as being bossy or elitist, I really didn't mean for it to sound that way.
>>
shit, the post here ^^^ was supposed to be addressed to >>469311.
>>
>>469311

My good god, XoPachi can't draw to save his fucking life. he went from drawing wide eyed, pouty mouthed furries with Dobson eyebrows, then he had some sort of skill developed, and then he becomes le THICCC xD artist and draws anything fat but claims they are "attractive". I remember when he had a literal I AM SILLY picture where he excused his cartoonishness with IT'S A CARTOON, GOD, and then later goes on a pretentious rant about "my art instructor taught me to SEE, man!" and mentioned how "imperfections make things perfect", excusing his fat, gross, dimpled asses.

Fuck him, he's a fucking fraud.
>>
>>469454

>>>/ic/
>>
this thread is fucking stupid lmao
>>
>>469456
When I just got linked from >>>/ic/
>>
File: 1684768468.png (62KB, 742x362px) Image search: [Google]
1684768468.png
62KB, 742x362px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.