[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What caused the Bronze Age Collapse and subsequent Greek Dark Ages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: greek gods.jpg (360KB, 620x2857px) Image search: [Google]
greek gods.jpg
360KB, 620x2857px
What caused the Bronze Age Collapse and subsequent Greek Dark Ages?
>>
Short answer: Nobody knows.

Long answer: Probably some combination of natural disasters and economic problems leading to a period of weakness, during which illiterate cultures on the periphery of civilization engaged in unchecked raiding, migration, and conquest.
>>
>>994384
>What caused the Bronze Age Collapse and subsequent Greek Dark Ages?

Inept archaeologists, and lying historians.
>>
Everything went wrong at once, most likely.

States weakened by natural disasters and invasion were doubly crippled by their over dependence on one another.
>>
>>994394
>illiterate cultures on the periphery of civilization engaged in unchecked raiding, migration, and conquest.
Sounds familiar.
>>
>>994433
/pol/ and /his/?
>>
>>994384
>Starting the family tree with Gaia
>Not Chaos
Why?
>>
File: dat ass.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dat ass.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>994401
there is a ton of evidence, get out

>>994414
This is the most likely answer.

>>994524
I noticed the same thing. Choas should be at the time. Other primordial gods are missing as well.

pic unrelated
>>
>>994433
That most likely came from the north, as the Dorian invasion theory suggests
>>
>>994433
Like /pol/'s raid of /his/ as if it's still 2008?
>>
File: bronze-age-sites.jpg (57KB, 750x501px) Image search: [Google]
bronze-age-sites.jpg
57KB, 750x501px
Widespread crop failure in the Eastern Med due to drought. This leads to food shortages, civil unrest, mass migrations, and disruption of the globalised trade system, particularly bronze/tin.

Added to this, a lot of these cities are built on a faultline, and marauders/sea peoples/malcontents can now arm themselves more quickly than before because they can make iron weapons.
>>
>>995262
>there is a ton of evidence, get out

Oh yeah? What evidence?
>>
>>994401
Let me guess, you're that cuck who thinks the Egyptian steles are the only evidence of the collapse.
>>
The evidence is mostly archeology e.g the destruction/burned rubble layers in settlements where it is obvious that SHTF. Bodies are scattered, mutilated and unburied. In Ugarit they found an unsent clay tablet written by a King, pleading for help:

"My father, behold, the enemy's ships came (here); my cities were burned, and they did evil things in my country. Does not my father know that all my troops and chariots are in the Land of Hatti, and all my ships are in the Land of Lukka?...Thus, the country is abandoned to itself. May my father know it: the seven ships of the enemy that came here inflicted much damage upon us."

Aside from this there are Egyptian records like the reliefs depicting their battles with the Sea Peoples.
>>
>>995528
And scientists are looking at the fossilised pollen in the sediment of the Dead Sea for signs of drought/climate change.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/10/131024-drought-bronze-age-pollen-archaeology/
>>
>>994524
it's a tumblr image
it even it has tumblr face
of course they start with gaia
>>
>>995462
see >>995434
>>
>>995631
no
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.