[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King Arthur

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Arthur_tapestry2.jpg (520KB, 800x1404px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur_tapestry2.jpg
520KB, 800x1404px
Was he real?
>>
No.

He's literally a medieval meme.
>>
>>979707
Define "real".
>>
>>979707
Yes
>>
I think in one of Joseph Campbell's books he traces King Author back to a historical warrior-king that died in battle. He was apparently a pretty well liked guy because they started making myths about how he was carried off by two enchantresses and he would return when his wounds healed. He eventually started absorbing traits from other folk heroes until Author become a symbol for all the greatness of Britain of that was once lost but would return some day.

Christians loved the Pagan story because they saw him as a Christ allegory and they interpreted the two enchantresses as angels.

So in a way Author is the historical memory of all great warriors and kings, the promise that their greatness will always return in future generations of heroes.
>>
>>979707
no more real than Moses or Jesus
>>
>>979748
You should be proud of your self, not many answers on 4chan are so concise and not calling OP a faggot. Well done (seriously)
>>
File: Little Miss Helpful.jpg (14KB, 268x254px) Image search: [Google]
Little Miss Helpful.jpg
14KB, 268x254px
>>979811
thanks for adding to the conversation faggot
>>
>>979894
Who pissed in your cereal?
>>
File: Fall of Camelot 1.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Camelot 1.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
Here is a bibliography from a book called Fall of Camelot.
>>
File: Fall of Camelot 2.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Camelot 2.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>
Romano-British general named Artorius who fought against the invading Germans.
>>
She did exist as mah waifu.
>>
>>979707
It's possible he was based on this guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riothamus

A lot of the story adds up. He was a king of the Britons, he went to fight bad guys far away, he got betrayed, he was wounded and disappeared from history without being confirmed for dead (near a place called Avalon [in Burgundy], no less).
>>
>>979707
It's mythology so it's tall tales built on tall tales that somewhere probably is based on some popular guy who did something. Same as Greek myths about the Trojan war.

I like Mallory's book about him, there's one part where Arthur reverse conquers Rome. The conversation goes like this:
>Roman envoys: this is Roman land surrender
>Arthur: no fuck you
>Roman envoys: OK
>Arthur: actually wait, I claim the Roman empire, fuck you

And he actually conquers it the absolute mad man. Even kills a giant randomly in the middle of the whole thing

The best part is Mallory wrote it in jail for thievery, banditry, and rape
>>
>>979707
No.

If there was someone on whom he was based he had likely nothing in common with the mythical medieval King.
>>
>>979811
This is not b
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.