[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rome Never Fell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

Rome had become more than a Empire. It became an idea. An idea of a strong unified ideal that ruled most of Europe. After the Western Roman Empire the barbarians that fell rome all took up the banner of rome under the Holy seat in Rome. The idea eventually moved through to free thought and secularism still under the values of Rome. That idea, through Capitalism, media, and sheer power is how Western Civilization overwhelmingly took over the world.
>>
>>978988
i guess this is the most appropriate time to do this.

*ehem*

H O L Y
O
L
Y
>>
>>978988
>Capitalism
>Roman
Comeon now
>>
>>978988
It is also how Western empire is reclaiming the eastern.
>>
>>978999
Rome changed religion more than once. This time the religion is consumerism
>>
File: Seljuk Sipahi.jpg (308KB, 1008x1505px) Image search: [Google]
Seljuk Sipahi.jpg
308KB, 1008x1505px
>>978996
The Holy Roman Empire was just one of many western leaderships that tried to take up the mantle.
>>
Yes the general values of Rome have lived on but you can't say we actually live in anything like the Roman Empire at its height. You have to consider the disparity in technology. In their times the fastest way to get somewhere was to by a sailing ship or ride a horse. Today we can travel across the globe in 1 day in a fucking jetplane and we have cars and god-tier roads. If there was anything like the SPQR today, it would rule most of the globe un-opposed. EU, UN, USA, none of them come close to the glory of the unity that the based SPQR represented back in the day.
>>
>>978988
>free thought and secularism still under the values of Rome
>>
>>979204

>god-tier roads

Actually I think it's kinda interesting how shitty our roads are compared to everything else. We can send people to space, but roads are still made out of easily crack-able cement, with potholes everywhere in a lot of places.
>>
>>979432
>We can send people to space, but roads are still made out of easily crack-able cement, with potholes everywhere in a lot of places.
write your city council and pay your taxes
>>
>>978988
Rome is Babylon, and Babylon is falling.
>>
>>979442

Actually the roads where I live are pretty well kept, which weakens my argument I guess.
>>
>>979204
The Romans had far better concrete, the recipe for which we've only very recently rediscovered.
>>
>>979444
yes
>>
File: 1459907683496.jpg (57KB, 427x458px) Image search: [Google]
1459907683496.jpg
57KB, 427x458px
>>
>>978988
Not that I disagree entirely, but I think you are conflating a lot of Christianity with Rome.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.