[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was his betrayal justified?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: MTE5NTU2MzE2MTQzNDUzNzA3.jpg (228KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2MTQzNDUzNzA3.jpg
228KB, 1200x1200px
Was his betrayal justified?
>>
He betrayed a bunch of guys that betrayed another bunch of guys because they refused to betray the Indians and allow the first bunch of guy to continue expanding into their land.
It was at least not the worst thing you may do.
>>
>>972302

Well desu, he was betraying the betrayers who the British Empire betrayed through fucking them over with high taxes and no representation in Parliament... So no, it wasn't justified.

He's still a villain and will always be one, even to other Westerners besides Britbongistanis
>>
>>972302
>He's still a villain and will always be one, even to other Westerners
"Other Westerner" here.

We don't even know who this guy is.
>>
>>972322
Not only where the taxes really minor, but they where put in place to pay off the money spent in the French and Indian War. Guns and ammo cost money you know, and if you want the government to defend you, taxes are kind of needed.
>>
Benedict Arnold only betrayed us because the Continental Congress kept dicking him over, not giving him credit for his efforts and contributions, and finally (this was the reason he turned) we gave him an invoice for a bunch of money we claimed he owed us, but in reality was HIS OWN money he had personally invested in the war effort

I feel sympathy for him although I still wouldn't have betrayed the cause
>>
>>972385
Why?
I mean, is it really worthy to follow a case if everyone in it just are fucking you over?
>>
>>972363
tax shit get hit
>>
>>972346
>tfw I only know about him because of that one episode of fairly odd parents that I watched as a kid
>>
>>972311
This.
Apparently Arny wasn't part of the club, every general in continental army was a third degree mason except him.

The American revolution is a sham anyway, they got buttmad because of catholic emancipation in quebec and muh taxes.
>>
>>972363

We didn't need government, we didn't need you. We could fend for ourselves, fuck you Britain.
>>
File: CSA.png (136KB, 2000x1253px) Image search: [Google]
CSA.png
136KB, 2000x1253px
>>972394
>We didn't need government, we didn't need you. We could fend for ourselves, fuck you USA
>>
>>972399
looks like its time
>>
>>972394
>We

Wow you must be really old.
>>
File: MirrorMirror.jpg (51KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
MirrorMirror.jpg
51KB, 320x240px
>>972399

Mirror, mirror.
>>
File: MuricanStarWars.jpg (76KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
MuricanStarWars.jpg
76KB, 640x430px
>>972404

Yes sonny, I'm from the Colonial Age. We fought those redcoated bastards from head to toe, and I'm proud we did.
>>
>>972412
>those lightsabers on the ground
they didn't even have the safety features we take for granted ;_;
>>
>Defects because he feels he's being treated like a second class citizen by his own people and his voice isn't being heard
>REEEEEEEE fucking traitor

>13 colonies defect because they feel like they're being treated like second class citizens by their own sovereign and their voices aren't being heard
>Muh brave freedom fighters! Death to tyranny!

Memeing aside though his betrayal may not be justifiable, but it was completely understandable.
>>
File: IMG-20160203-WA0002.jpg (52KB, 823x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160203-WA0002.jpg
52KB, 823x549px
>>972322
Please stop talking shit from your ass. I'm from Finland, and literally no-one (except Americans) knows who he is and why they antagonize him so. I understand that his own command treated him very disrespectfully and continously misalligned credit and recognitions that rightfully belonged to him to other people.

To me that sounds like a justified reason to fight for another cause, one that is more just since the American Revolution wasn't.

One more thing: the Americans played a very miniscule role in their own revolution. Look up what France was doing in the meantime (in regards to America and Britain).
>>
>>972302
First time no second time yes.
>>
>>972399
This triggers the yank
>>
>>972493
>the Americans played a very miniscule role in their own revolution

This seems like a gross exaggeration you're making just to be contrary.
>>
>>972346
Benedikt Arnold
>>
>>972445
spooks mate, spooky spooks
>>
>>972302
>Was his betrayal justified?
Who cares?

America learned the lesson:

PAY YOUR DAMN SPIES, DUMBASSES.
>>
File: 1399256265540.png (73KB, 307x363px) Image search: [Google]
1399256265540.png
73KB, 307x363px
>>972399
>>
>>972322

Another westerner here.

I only know now (by reading the posts) who that guy was.

Nobody in Europe knows about that guy. Not even the brits probably.
>>
>>972493

Let's actually follow the trail of events that led to American independence instead of talking through our asses.

George Washington is ordered to go scout out some French forts, because the Frogs are surrounding Anglo colonies to prevent expansion. Explicitly breaking orders, George murders a thousand Frenchmen and burns their forts down, to start a war.

This war, the French-Indian War, blossoms into the Seven Year War, which kills about a million people globally, costs the British Crown trillions of dollars in today's money, and severely weakens British military power through exhaustion. Now bear in mind, this happened because ONE MAN made it happen.

The British then foolishly attempt to tax the Americans to pay for the war that an American started. Washington, being far more intelligent than any native Englishman, immediately rides the wave of resentment over the taxation that is ultimately his fault, to turn the colonists against their motherland.

Then, despite having in living memory murdered countless Frenchmen and their allies, the French come to strike back at the British by supplying this American revolution. George Washington has by this point murdered Frenchmen, convinced the British to spend trillions of dollars fighting the French for him, then blamed the British for spending trillions of dollars to fight the French, and convinced the French to help him fight the British to win his country's independence so that they could take MORE French land.

We post about that revolution because it was the hardest BTFO of political and military history. One man played multiple empires like a fiddle and suffered ZERO consequences for it. We lost nothing, you lost everything, and to this day you have to just grin and pretend that it was a fluke and not a humiliating outplay.
>>
>>972782
>Benedikt Arnold
I know that Americans consider him a traitor but I've no idea who he is.

It seems most people have indigenous traitor boogeymen that they call eachother. In England it's Quisling I believe, after the Norwegian PM in WW2, for Irish protestants it's Lundy. In Greece I've herd that some people call traitors efialtis but that could be bullshit.
>>
>>977019
Eggs Benny is fucking delicious. I'd pardon the dude on that alone.
>>
>>976986
Okay, well I did not know that. Thanks for teaching me, desu.
>>
>>972302
More important question: did he really have only one testicle?
>>
File: George_Freedomton.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
George_Freedomton.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>976986

George Washington = 18th century Gordon Freeman.
>>
>>972302

The revolutionaries were actually the traitors, he was loyal.
>>
>>977740
Rather than loyal I'd say he was a moderate rebel who was pretty much forced to switch sides because the extremists bullied him. I mean he was sorely disappointed the full autonomy offer by the crown was refused.
>>
>>976986
Thanks, thinks I understand the US love for jews a bit better now.
>>
File: 1460396266831.jpg (79KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
1460396266831.jpg
79KB, 500x660px
>>976986
10/10
>>
Which one? Going back to the good guys? Kinda.

>>972392
No, Arnold was a Mason. Not sure about his standing, given that he was an oathbreaker twice over, though.

>>972445
Well said.
>>
>>972412
Finnish Jedi Knights squash a Crimean rebellion using captured equipment (23078 BC, Colorized)
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.