/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Zoroastrianism an Aryan religion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 31

File: New_Tatoo.jpg (233KB, 1024x1411px) Image search: [Google]
New_Tatoo.jpg
233KB, 1024x1411px
As opposed to, say, Semite religions like Christianity?

Also how do you like my new tattoo /his/?
>>
It is an Aryan religion

But if you're not Iranian or North Indian then you're retarded
>>
Indo-Iranian, which I guess makes it Aryan (though that's sort of a silly term to use.)
>>
Zorastrianism is a Iranic religion as is therefore Proto-Indo European (Aryan). It cant be said if it is an evolution of an Aryan Proto-Religion, even if such a religion existed and influenced later ones. If you mean to say, is it a religion of an Aryan peoples, then yes, it is.

Are you personally a Persian though?
>>
>>956616
its not silly, it was fine until Nazism twisted its view by the public.

>>956608
are Germanic peoples nowadays retarded for venerating Wodan and Thunor?
>>
File: Indo-European_Migration.png (118KB, 350x214px) Image search: [Google]
Indo-European_Migration.png
118KB, 350x214px
>>956608
>What is
>>
y it is. we who believe in zardosht are omnipotent and fucking awesome, ubermensch alike but nazis are trash compared to us, so aryan is kinda like an insult

fireeeeee
>>
>>956631
the Proto-Indo European religion split off into multiple, as we can tell from linguistic reconstructions, Zoroastrianism is Persian-specific.
>>
>>956631
Believe it or not, you have no connection to the Proto Indo-Europeans who decided to migrate eastwards. Sorry.
>>
File: THUNORBookmark..8710.jpg (70KB, 516x424px) Image search: [Google]
THUNORBookmark..8710.jpg
70KB, 516x424px
Þunraz
u
n
r
a
z
>>
File: R1b.jpg (155KB, 1024x531px) Image search: [Google]
R1b.jpg
155KB, 1024x531px
>>956654
>Believe
>>
>>956654
how do you know he is?
>>
File: Indo-European_Languages.jpg (608KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Indo-European_Languages.jpg
608KB, 900x675px
>>
File: IE_Tree.gif (110KB, 450x475px) Image search: [Google]
IE_Tree.gif
110KB, 450x475px
>>
File: 1460157239741.jpg (10KB, 250x227px) Image search: [Google]
1460157239741.jpg
10KB, 250x227px
>>
>>956673
wrong file? I'm liking your Aryan dump.
>>
Can someone explain to me the similarities between Indo-European religions. I know that they stem from religion but how are they uniquely similar. The Egyptian pantheon doesn't look too different from the Greco-Roman and Norse religions.
>>
>>956684
That was a little treat for my christcuck fetishist friends.
>>
>>956624
>>956631
The Proto-Indo-Europeans never referred to themselves as Aryans
>>
>>956691
Xáryomēn
"Xáryomēn" is one of the personalized abstractions I mentioned earlier. He is not one whose name I made up, though, being found in Ireland (Éremón (Puhvel, 1978a, 337)), Gaul (Ariomanus (Puhvel, 1978a, 337), Anglo-Saxon England (Irmin erhabene, "exalted, sublime" (Neff, 1982, 164)), Zoroastrianism (Airyaman) (but not the arch-demon Ahriman) and the Vedas (Aryaman). The Saxon Irminsul, the name of the sacred pillar likely representing the world tree, possibly comes from the root of his name, as does the German Irmingott (West, 2007, 143), and he may have been the originating god of the Germanic Erminiones. It has been suggested that iormunr, a title for Odin, comes from it as well (Turvile-Petre, 1964, 62; West, 2007, 143). His name is formed by adding *-men, a suffix similar to the English "-hood," to a root that may mean "Indo-European" (Puhvel, 1987, 182). (West (2007, 142) gives Aryo-men-, nominative "Aryomēn, masculine of neuter *aryo-men, nominative *-mṇ.) This is the root that was made famous when it was distorted by the Nazis - *H2erya-. Its descendants include Old Irish aire, "free, noble" (Puhvel, 1978, 337), and Hittite ara, "member of one's own group, peer, friend" (Puhvel, 1978, 336-337). The Hittite meaning seems closest to its original one, with "Xáryomēn" therefore meaning "The God in Charge of Our Group," specifically of doing things the way our group does them. In the Zoroastrian Gāthās, airyamen is also used to designate a social group higher than the clan or social community (West, 2007, 142). A deity with an unrelated name, Sabazios (< *swo- "one's own, ") from Thrace is a possible reflex (the name is from Polomé, 1980, 154). *Xáryomēn is the deity of "Indo-Europeanness."

http://www.ceisiwrserith.com/pier/deities.htm
>>
File: Swastikas.jpg (147KB, 656x580px) Image search: [Google]
Swastikas.jpg
147KB, 656x580px
Non-Aryans BTFO.
From *Ire*land to *Iran*.
>>
>>956728
>ancient europe
>map includes north africa, and asia
Why
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (15KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
15KB, 300x279px
>From Scythia to Camelot
http://www.heroicage.org/issues/2/ha2tf.htm
>Arthurian cycle revealed as Sarmatian/Slavo-Iranic in origin
http://kavehfarrokh.com/persianate-civilizations/arthurian-and-european-culture-and-ancient-iran-eire-an/the-sarmatian-connection-stories-of-the-arthurian-cycle-and-legends-and-miracles-of-ladislas-king-and-saint/
>>
File: Metal S.png (6KB, 344x449px) Image search: [Google]
Metal S.png
6KB, 344x449px
>>956728

swastika is literally a squared off spiral. obviously it'll be a pretty common design.

just like the metal s nowadays

>6 gorillion hours in paint
>>
File: serveimage (1).jpg (204KB, 624x386px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (1).jpg
204KB, 624x386px
>>
What is it about the PIE that turns white people into KANGZ tier fools?
>>
File: serveimage (2).jpg (151KB, 976x596px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (2).jpg
151KB, 976x596px
>>956762
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (75KB, 538x409px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
75KB, 538x409px
>>956744
>asia
Buddhism
>north africa
No idea. Rome?
>>
>>956691
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion#Pantheon

really interesting stuff
>>
File: serveimage (4).jpg (9KB, 236x121px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (4).jpg
9KB, 236x121px
>>956766
You sound butthurt. Please go on.
>>
>>956645
>using linguistics to explain anything other than languages
ishiggydiggy
>>
File: serveimage (5).jpg (29KB, 460x248px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (5).jpg
29KB, 460x248px
>>
>>956761
The Swastika is either representative of the spiral arms of the galaxy rotating about the sky, or Ursa Major lining up with Polaris at the four seasons of the year.
>>
>>956766
WE WUZ only applies when it's untrue.
this is probably the most mishandled meme on 4chan. Latin-derived peoples saying that "we were Romans" is true. Blacks in the US saying they were Pharaohs is not.
>>
>>956796
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion#Pantheon

>not recognizing that lingusitics is the God and backbone of anthropology.
>>
File: serveimage (8).jpg (83KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (8).jpg
83KB, 600x452px
>>
File: serveimage (7).jpg (39KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (7).jpg
39KB, 600x338px
>>
File: serveimage (1).jpg (92KB, 623x568px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (1).jpg
92KB, 623x568px
>>
File: PersianEagle.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
PersianEagle.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>
>>956793
*tips fedora*
>>956806
>Latin-derived peoples saying that "we were Romans" is true
Top kek

Equatorial Guineans would cock an eyebrow
>>
>>956776
You missed the point. Asia and North Africa are not part of Europe.
>>
File: SPQR.jpg (365KB, 650x1004px) Image search: [Google]
SPQR.jpg
365KB, 650x1004px
>>
File: Reichsadler.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Reichsadler.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>
File: Reichsadler(1).png (225KB, 749x600px) Image search: [Google]
Reichsadler(1).png
225KB, 749x600px
>>
File: AhuraMazda.jpg (90KB, 890x790px) Image search: [Google]
AhuraMazda.jpg
90KB, 890x790px
History of the Ancient Aryans: Outlined in Zoroastrian scriptures.

>Iran is the ancient name of Persia, and it is derived from the root "Arya" or Aryan, the Indo-European branch of peoples who settled in that land. The Aryans of ancient Iran were Mazdayasni Zarathushtris, ie. Worshippers of Ahura Mazda (the name of God in Avestan) as revealed by the ancient prophet Zarathushtra, thousands of years before Christ.
http://tenets.zoroastrianism.com/histar33.html
>>
>>956629
>are Germanic peoples nowadays retarded for venerating Wodan and Thunor?

Yeah.
>>
File: Zoroaster.jpg (50KB, 890x594px) Image search: [Google]
Zoroaster.jpg
50KB, 890x594px
The Kayani Aryan Race of our forefathers - a matter of GREAT pride

>I am proud of what my father, and his father believed in,

>and AS AN ARYAN WHO ALWAYS FOLLOWS THE WILL OF HIS FATHER,

>I too am proud of my ancient race and religion, and I will

>defend it against the scorn of the outsider.

http://tenets.zoroastrianism.com/kayani33.html
>>
File: Zoroaster (1).jpg (18KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Zoroaster (1).jpg
18KB, 300x250px
>>
File: Zoroaster (2).jpg (18KB, 336x371px) Image search: [Google]
Zoroaster (2).jpg
18KB, 336x371px
>>956908
Christians will prefer this >>956673

Over this:

A Heroic Aryan Song: Zarathushtra opposes and fights against the evil one

>The following prose and verse is from Vol IV of the "Saga of the Aryan race". It is based on the verse in the Holy Vendidad, one of the most ancient and Holy Zoroastrian scriptures, wherein the ancient Aryan song in the language of Avestan has been preserved for thousands of years, right from the days of Asho Zarathushtra.

http://tenets.zoroastrianism.com/song33.html
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VomiUEsqvAg

http://aryan-myth-and-metahistory.blogspot.de/2015/10/the-good-religion-occidental-temple-of.html
>>
>>956920
Such long flowing locks, does he use L'oreal?
>>
Why did Hitler adopt Aryanism? The connection he has with Iranians and Indians is through language. Their cultures are widely different. Hell, he never bothered to adopt Zoroasrianism as Germany's state religion keeping a Semetic religion like Christianity entact.
>>
They mythology might be Indo-Iranian but the iconography is Babylonian which is pretty much derived from earlier Sumerian.
>>
>>957001
They had a boner for Germanic religious symbolism, they did what they could without tearing up their native religion
>>
>>956804
No, it's just a pattern that a lot of people thought looked cool. It's the same reason you see crosses a lot even in non-christian and pre-christian regions. I was doodling swastikas when I was 5 before I ever knew what it meant. It's just a simple and appealing pattern.
>>
>>957026
Are you stupid or dumb?
>>
There is no such thing as "Aryan" religions.

Semite comes from Shem, one of the 3 sons of Noah.
>>
>>956654

>tfw Finnish
>tfw my mighty ancestors raped Aryan orja-slave whores of Sintashta/Andronovo/Srubna cultures
>>
>>956608
Non-Jews are retarded for following Christ or Mohammed because just a few thousand years ago their ancestors didn't follow it.
>>
>>959250
>Noah
Which is himself a bastardizaton of an older babylonian myth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgamesh_flood_myth
>>
>>959250
Copypasta incoming:

Let me tell you about

>The fair Yima, the good shepherd
He was the Zoroastrian Adam and Noah combined into a single character. The Wise Lord entrusted him with the duty of overseeing creation and increasing and multiplying:

>make thou my world increase, make my world grow: consent thou to nourish, to rule, and to watch over my world

He placed him on the ancestral Aryan homeland called Airyana Vaejo, until the arch-demon Angra Manyu caused "evil winters" (the Ice Age?) to befall the the Urheimat and the Aryans migrated southwards.

This ancestral memory is also recorded in Hindu tradition (See: Tilak: Arctic Home of the Vedas)

Before the great migration, however, king Yima was commanded to build a Vara (enclosure) to preserve all creatures:

>And Yima made a Vara, long as a riding-ground on every side of the square. There he brought the seeds of sheep and oxen, of men, of dogs, of birds, and of red blazing fires. He made a Vara, long as a riding-ground on every side of the square, to be an abode for men; a Vara, long as a riding-ground on every side of the square, for oxen and sheep.

http://www.avesta.org/vendidad/vd2sbe.htm
>>
>>959405
Yima in Hinduism and Buddhism:
>Yama or Yamarāja, also called Imra,[1] is a god of death, the south direction & the underworld,[2] belonging to an early stratum of Rigvedic deities. In Sanskrit, his name can be interpreted to mean "twin".[3] In the Zend-Avesta of Zoroastrianism, he is called "Yima".

Why did he become a god of the dead in Hinduism and Buddhism? Because, being the first mortal, he was also the first one to die and the first to arrive in the kingdom of the dead (or traversing the pritryana, the "way of the fathers") and became the ruler thereof.

>In the Vedas, Yama is said to have been the first mortal who died. By virtue of precedence, he became the ruler of the departed,[8] and is called "Lord of the Pitrs".[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama

According to the Rigveda:

>2 Yama first found for us a place to dwell in: this pasture never can be taken from
Us.
Men born on earth tread their own paths that lead them whither our ancient Fathers have departed.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rigveda/rv10014.htm
>>
>>959406
Yima in the Norse Tradition:
>In a disputable[according to whom?] etymology, W. Meid (1992) has linked the names Yama (reconstructed in Proto-Indo-European as *yemos) and the name of the primeval Norse frost giant Ymir, which can be reconstructed in Proto-Germanic as *umijaz or *jumijaz, in the latter case possibly deriving
>>
>>956594
>how do you like my new tattoo /his/?
Would you get it removed if you found out it was Semitic?
>>
Praise king Yima the ancestor of all Aryans, ruler of the departed and lord of the pitrs (pitr = pater = vater = father)!
>>
File: 1 Nimrud, Met Gate (870 BC).jpg (417KB, 1024x760px) Image search: [Google]
1 Nimrud, Met Gate (870 BC).jpg
417KB, 1024x760px
>>959243
He's right you retard. Achaemenid Persia derived almost every aspect of its civilization from the Babylonians, Elamites and Assyrians of Mesopotamia. Before that they were just another generic horde of illiterate steppe barbarians.
>>
File: JesusOrpheus.jpg (144KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
JesusOrpheus.jpg
144KB, 500x388px
>>959418
>Jesus is Thracian because someone painted him like one
Pic related is Jesus as Opheus in early Christian iconography.

What matters is the substance not the external garb of the religion. Christianity is a Semitic religion in Aryan garb. Zoroastrianism the contrary.
>>
>>959447
>illiterate
You fool. It can be reconstructed from geographical descriptions and literary style that the oldest strata of the Zoroastrian texts began to be writen before they settled in Iran.
>>
>>956594
You can't convert to Zoroastrianism, you can only be born into it.

That said I don't know why people are so obsessed with a religion that was started by a guy who found a copy of Isaiah lying around and ran with it as his own thing.
>>
File: SovietPhotoshop.jpg (68KB, 652x215px) Image search: [Google]
SovietPhotoshop.jpg
68KB, 652x215px
>>959464
>a religion that was started by a guy who found a copy of Isaiah lying around and ran with it as his own thing.
Not sure if bait or microcephaly. But it would typical of Semitic totalitarian ideologies such as Christianity and Marxism to try to falsify history.
>>
>>959463
For someone so obsessed with Zoroastrianism, you sure don't know shit about it. If you had even the slightest understanding of early Aryans you'd know that both Zoroastrian and Vedic texts were oral works and weren't written down until thousands of years after their composition. The Iranians had no writing until it's introduction from Mesopotamia during the Achaemenid period. Indian writing was in turn derived from the adopted writing of the Achaemenids.

>>959454
What the hell are you trying to say? The symbol has a Semitic origin regardless of its meaning. You tattooed a Semitic symbol on your arm.
>>
>>959472
>comparing Christianity and marxism
>implying Marxism is a "semitic ideology"

hmmm
>>
>>959472
>totalitarian ideologies such as Christianity and Marxism

Bait.

They are diametrically opposed to eachother. Communists are atheists and hate Christians.
>>
>>959464
The reason people are so obsessed and interested with these things?

It has become popular to like retarded pagan superstitions and demonic cults. It has become popular to hate on Jesus Christ and God.

Welcome to the end times.
>>
>>959528
>Welcome to the end times.
Ironic considering that Jews got the concept of the Messiah and End Times directly from Zoroastrianism after the Babylonian captivity and Christianity is an end times cult with Gnosticizing elements which themselves derive from Zoroastrian heresies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saoshyant

PS: Jesus said he would return while the apostles still lived. He didn't. Get over it.
>>
>>956853
Do you misunderstand what Latin-derived people means?
>>
>>956594
>>959496
>put a tattoo tho show your persian heritage and religion
>"I ain't gonna be cucked following semitic religion"

>it was inspired by semitic iconography thousand years ago
>>
>>956624
>>956631

proto-indo-european ≠ aryan

this is the same mistake the nazis made, though they also mixed up proto-germanic and proto-indo-european. aryan refers only to the indo-iranian and indo-aryan branches of the indo-european family, i.e. the ones that called themselves "arya".
>>
>>959662
sorry i made a mistake here: indo-aryan is a subfamily of indo-iranian. thus it is enough to say that indo-iranian = aryan
>>
>>959662
Well we can safely say that PIE people are Aryans. It's become taboo in academia to state so, but it is accurate since in most PIE derived languages "arya" is has a presence. For example: aristocrat. It's only become a disused word because Jews HATE it.
>>
>>959589
>Zoroastrian heresies
Kek. It wasn't from Zoroastrian heresies, it was authentic Zoroastrianism. Even high-ranking Magi priests of the time admitted that Christ was Saoshyant.
>>
>>959662
Indo-Iranians called themselves Aryan specifically, but the term was used by scholars to refer to all Indo-Europeans for a long time.
>>
>>959711
>Even high-ranking Magi priests of the time admitted that Christ was Saoshyant.
Source? You're not referring to the "three wise men from the east" myth of the bible are you?
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.