[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To what degree do Russian (nationalists) associate their pride

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: MTIwNjA4NjMzODgyNTEwODYw.jpg (97KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzODgyNTEwODYw.jpg
97KB, 1200x1200px
To what degree do Russian (nationalists) associate their pride in their country with the USSR, especially the communist system of economic organization?
>>
Russia is fucking weird because an international movement that explicitly denounced nationalism and cared only for Russia as much as it cared for every other country on earth has become a point of pride for conservative Russian nationalists.
>>
>>924692
>>924704
Depends on who you define as Russian nationalists. There are a lot who are prideful for the USSR, but those who aren't can usually be imperialists or Eurasianists.
>>
>>924704
pardon my retardation; what do you mean?
>>
>>924692
Russian here. It's basically one of the pillars of Russian nationalism. Rejecting the success of the USSR is basically political suicide, unless one substitutes it with masturbation to the Russian Empire's 1913 economic growth, and basically mainstream nationalists are divided among these lines.

It must be said however that this sentiment most of the time has absolutely nothing to do with the Communist ideology or with appreciation of common ownership of property, but instead the ideas of a strong country, political authoritarianism, powerful military and rapid industrialization. In my experience many "red nationalists" hate Lenin and the revolution and think that Stalin was who put the country back on the right track.
>>
>>924692
They are probably proud of important Soviet achievements, like, you know, transforming an agrarian shithole into a nuclear spuperpower that was able to write the history and do stuff like win a war they can be actually proud of winning, sending a first man into space and such.
>>
>>924713
He means that while the USSR preached cosmopolitanism and opposed "greater Russian chauvinism" it became a point of pride for Russian nationalists and exceptionalists.
>>
>>924729
>It must be said however that this sentiment most of the time has absolutely nothing to do with the Communist ideology or with appreciation of common ownership of property, but instead the ideas of a strong country, political authoritarianism, powerful military and rapid industrialization. In my experience many "red nationalists" hate Lenin and the revolution and think that Stalin was who put the country back on the right track.

is there any sort of acknowledgement that the USSR had failings among the population? Obviously the state itself doesn't exist any more, and that can't be ignored (?).
>>
It must be pretty hard for the Nationalists, first you have a Jew, then a Georgian, then a Ukrainian Peasant.
>>
>>924745
The most liberal opinion you'd find among the general populace is "Stalin was a tyrant but he won the War and left Russia with a nuclear bomb". Pro-Soviet sentiment is only growing with every year. I shit you not, every bookstore here is 80% pseudo-historical books about how Stalin dindu nuffin and time travel sci-fi where Stalin and Hitler travel back to 1917 to stop the revolution and defeat the eternal anglo.
>>
>>924745
>Obviously the state itself doesn't exist any more, and that can't be ignored

You are assuming those people actually beleive that USSR was bound to collapse when it did.
They specifically blame Gorbachev and Yeltsin for dismantling the country to appease the west.
Belavezha accords are regarded as high treason by many.
>>
>>924790
>implying this isn't exactly what happened
>>
>>924745
As for the fact that the USSR doesn't exist anymore, that is almost universally blamed on Gorbachev's malicious ineptitude and American/Jewish/Anglo influences.
>>
>>924795
I didn't say otherwise
>>
>>924747
Doesnt russian nationalism base itself on a kind of pan-slavism?
>>
You know, besides industrializing and secularizing Russia, was there any great long standing good that Stalin actually did? He just comes of as a genocidal tyrant with no regards for human life. The estimated causalities under his rule more than speak for it self so I'm confused as to why any Russian would have strong positive feelings towards Stalin.

http://zhgun.livejournal.com/376036.html
>>
Nationalism makes little sense in Russia since it didn't emancipate the serfs until the 1860's and had little to no colonies
>>
>>925089
He was efficient. Russians respect power.

He also raised the bar on education like you wouldn't believe.

And people will always remember him as one of the guys who offed Hitler.
>>
>>925089
>The estimated causalities under his rule
I SERIOUSLY hope you don't actually consider that 60 million horseshit to be true.
USSR population in fact GREW by 60 million under Stalin and that's with fucking WWII in between,
>>
>>924995
Not exactly. The next big thing they tried and right now I think it's safe to say miserably failed to push was the concept of "Russian world", meaning all countries with "historical ties to Russia" (Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, sometimes Kazakhstan) are ostensibly almost exactly like Russia.

It didn't work for the same reason Pan-Slavism didn't: countries are too fucking different and thinly veiled Russian attempt at another land grab was too obvious.
>>
>>924789
>time travel sci-fi where Stalin and Hitler travel back to 1917 to stop the revolution and defeat the eternal anglo
Excuse me
>>
>>924729
what's wrong with your country
>>
To great degree for most but there are people who see Soviets basically as treachery against Russia and Russian nation.
>>
>>924710
All Russians are imperialists, period. The difference between them is how they want to develop an empire. I personally would even hesitate to call any of them "nationalists" but whatever, that term stuck.
>>
File: 21689.jpg (85KB, 531x837px) Image search: [Google]
21689.jpg
85KB, 531x837px
>>926723
Changing the past time travel is crazy popular in modern Russians literature. It is basically rivaled only by random people reborn into fantasy world. Sometime it is both like in this book.
> After the death in out reality Stalin reborn in a parallel world of Might and Magic.
>>
>>924995
Pan-Slavism is just a cooler way to spell Greater Russia.
>>
>>926758
I... kinda want to read these. Or see a GOT style adaptation.
>>
File: quality fiction.png (600KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
quality fiction.png
600KB, 800x600px
>>926758
Actually genre is so cliche and over saturated by this point that writing book about how Ivan travels into the past to help Stalin just isn't enough. You got books about time-traveling bee that tries help Stalin or even how freaking Dart Vader is here to somehow save Soviet Union from Hitler and nazi.
>>
>>926792
Trust me, you don't. The wording, story, characters and basically everything is so poor it makes Repercussions of Evil look like a masterpiece.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.