[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castle in Austria/Germany

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

During WW2 my family was driven out of Germany and put into concentration camps.

My grandma as a young girl was released and she feld to Bosnia/Serbia but had to change both her first and last name since Germans where hanged in the streets.
The only thing she took out of Germany is a painting of a Castle.

Her last name was Schafhauser.But it's not guaranteed since records have been destroyed.

I was hoping someone can recognise the Castle from this picture to give me further leads.
>>
Do you know where she was from?
>>
They told me it was a border region that was once under Germany and is modern day Austria.
>>
File: m'führer.jpg (24KB, 476x717px) Image search: [Google]
m'führer.jpg
24KB, 476x717px
>>906250
>>
Fun thing is that my grandparents from my father side of the family where part of the Muslim SS.
>>
File: Burghausen Castle.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Burghausen Castle.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
>>906247
It might be the Burghausen Castle, which is part of Germany and Austria.
>>
>>906250
Don't derail the thread, mate
>>
>>906274
Interesting. What was their nationality?
>>
>>906287
They really look similiar the problem is that in the painting there is a lake or river next to it
>>
File: Burghausen Castle overview.jpg (532KB, 1920x768px) Image search: [Google]
Burghausen Castle overview.jpg
532KB, 1920x768px
>>906305
So does this one.
>>
>>906299
Bosniak as far as I know it was Hitlers way of somehow making Muslims a part of his plan so they rebel in the British colonies or something.
>>
>>906319
Wow this might even be it I can t belive it :D
I been growing up next to this painting wondering my whole life where I m acually from.Thank you.
>>
File: StrawMan2.jpg (91KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
StrawMan2.jpg
91KB, 600x450px
>>906250
Nice strawman you got there
>>
>>906250
Never seen anyone deny that the allies did bad things.
Civilians giving thrle Germans what they deserved doesn't really mean that the allied governments did what you are referring to at the second part of your half.
>>
>>906330
Happy to help!
>>
File: 2449030320_9d2e7b7a39_b.jpg (400KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
2449030320_9d2e7b7a39_b.jpg
400KB, 1024x685px
Looks like an early version of Schönbühel castle
>>
>>906330
It's definetly not this one. I can tell that the castle is most definetely located in either Switzerland or even Italy.
>>
>>908142
How can you tell ?
>>
>>908142
It's the longest castle in the world and is located in both Bavaria, Germany and Austria.
>>
Castles with this type of swallowtail-shaped merlons are typically seen in Suedtirol. But the round bergfried is rather unusual to that area.

Shame we can't see if the window shutters are painted in anydistinct pattern, which could reveal more about castle's location.
>>
>>909362
but OP said:
>it was a border region that was once under Germany and is modern day Austria

so not in south tyrol
>>
>>909415
OK, I missed that.
Austrian Tirol seems to be the most probable area then, closer to Italy the better.
>>
>>906201
is there any recogniseable name of the artist on the painting OP?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.