[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who thought this was a good idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: images (5).jpg (10KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
10KB, 194x259px
Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>900733
Every sane man on the planet.
>>
People living in USSR i imainge.
>>
>>900779

Go to Brighton Beach and find me someone from the USSR who thinks it's collapse was a good thing, and does not legitimately miss their life there.

I'll wait.
>>
>>900836
Is Brighton Beach the go-to place for former party members and their families, or something?
>>
>>900779
Nope. People wanted Western living standards. Western economic principles were an afterthought.

The Russian people got the luxury of capitalism without any serious benefits. Russia immediately after the fall of the USSR was 1920s-tier, and is now teetering on the brink of another collapse.

The reason why Russian prostitution and crime is so rampant across the world is because there are so few economic opportunities in Russia that many young people turn to crime.
>>
>>900976
No, it's a time capsule for people from USSR who couldn't integrate into American society. Pretty nasty place, actually.
>>
>>900733
Capitalists, obviously.
>>
>>900985
>people outside of American have to integrate into American society or else
The biggest tragedy in history was the USSR not nuking all of the US to nothing.
>>
>>900996
The biggest tragedy in history is your faggot ass being born
>>
>>900985
Yeah, I've just read up on it.
Sounds like an average russian neighborhood we have here in eastern yurop, really.
>>
>>900779
People wanted to get the same standards as the West. To get this they needed to get similar economic systems.
The Balts managed to do it and are now growing economics, Russia failed and is Africa tier at corruption.
>>
>>901008
Is it true that Russians immigrants are horribly disorganized and unwilling to contribute to society? I've heard that a lot and while it may be a stereotype, you never know it with Russians.
>>
>>900733
Everyone.
>>
Like, even most Communists nowadays are glad to see the USSR gone.
>>
>>901055
Americans didn't, funnily enough. This speech was 17 days before the coup:
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Chicken_Kiev_speech
>>
>>900733
>Who thought this was a good idea?
The Soviet nomenklatura used the collapse of the USSR to sell themselves social property for peppercorn rates. Freed from the All-Union requirements to maintain social democratic institutions in the factory, they turned off the life support to the Soviet working class, instantly increasing the profitability of "their" factories.
>>
>>900976
It's a majority Russian neighborhood of New York

Russia collapsed so miserably after the USSR fell that a good chunk of its bourgeoisie fled to America and Australia. The Jews who could get out mostly went to Israel.
>>
>>901040
>To get this they needed to get similar economic systems.
bullshit
>>
>>901065
Nobody expected the Russians to Collapse the way they did
Just like Nobody expected them to get wrecked the way they did in the Crimean War
Or the Russo Japanese War
Or WW1

Why do people overestimate Russia so much?
>>
>>901060
Not really. Most communists oppose the USSR, but believe it should have been reformed to be less fascist, rather than being completely abolished.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.