[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophies of Louis CK vs Million Dollar Extreme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: louie-slice-01.jpg (45KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
louie-slice-01.jpg
45KB, 600x200px
I think this belongs here and not /tv/. It's about what the shows are about, not the shows themselves.

Louis CK and Million Dollar Extreme present opposite perspectives on modern masculinity.

Million Dollar Extreme presents the furious testosterone-driven rage of angry young men. MDE says that ideals and goals are still worth fighting for, and that it is righteous to dole out repercussion to the idiots. The weak should fear the strong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCjC9BjPgoc

Louis CK on the other hand is burnt out, apathetic, ambivalent, lethargic and nihilistic. Louie is impotent to his dismal, stupid and irreverent surroundings and the only way to endure the horribleness is to stop caring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfMbN_MzCpw

What is the right perspective?
>>
File: louis.jpg (24KB, 615x349px) Image search: [Google]
louis.jpg
24KB, 615x349px
LITTLE
>>
>>885129
most people are hedonistic and love their hedonism. hedonistic people live through entertainment, which brings the most pleasures with the least discomfort. hedonism is the nihilism and most people rely on their speculations about the future, from the past experiences, to enhance their hedonism.
>>
I thought MDE was making fun of alt-righters but then I saw his interview with Fantano and it turns out he really is retarded.
>>
I've never watched MDE but personally I think the idea of fighting for values and ideas is much more admirable and virtuous than the process of distancing oneself from their environment out of a history of emotional pain.
>>
>>885142
what if that's what he wants you to think
>>
>>885129
Speak softly but carry a big stick. You should stand up for yourself and be defiant but avoid confrontation at all costs. Fighting is just low. You don't need to prove your dick is bigger. A nigga is real as long as he knows it. Louie should have been more defiant and tried to teach the kid that he shouldn't be such a piece of shit to prevent him from causing future conflict with others. He handled it pretty well though, no fighting occurs the dumb shit just got to overcompensate for his small penis. Basically just stick up for yourself and avoid conflict unless you need to absolutely defend yourself.
>>
File: 1458615468427.jpg (89KB, 629x623px) Image search: [Google]
1458615468427.jpg
89KB, 629x623px
>>885142
>thinking Sam Hyde isn't legitimately retarded
>>
File: enhanced-5869-1400067887-1.jpg (75KB, 625x447px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-5869-1400067887-1.jpg
75KB, 625x447px
>>885140
this is just a non-sequitur wrt the first post

>>885142
>>885152
That's really dismissive. I watched the Fantano interview too and came away thinking Fantano was just a shaky, weak little unthinking weed and that Sam was at least trying to abide by a moral code, however naive it might be. At least try and attack the idea and not the implementation.

>>885146
What basis do you have for that? Every reason I can think of is driven by impure motives like egocentrism, or the desire to be seen as a martyr.
>>
>>885156
When an idea is just an idea it doesn't need to be attacked.
>>
I can't watch Sam Hyde without cringing. I can't tell if I'm cringing at either the people he makes fun or rather himself.
>>
Can someone tell me what MillionDolllarExtreme is? Why do I see Sam Hyde mentioned here so much?
>>
>>885168
viral marketing
>>
File: sam.jpg (4KB, 160x180px) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
4KB, 160x180px
>>885168
MDE is a comedy troupe that basically targets unsuccessful, pimply and weak-willed 18-26yo males. Sam Nick Charls and co. Sam has said that he sees himself as a father figure to boys raised by single mothers and other kids with low confidence.

Here is Will Sasso's blurb about them:

> These three friends have been producing messed up videos together for a few years. Their style is reminiscent of Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, mixed with some Wonder Showzen and a good dose of the kind of unchecked, misdirected anger that normally only harbors within creative, young white dudes who work long hours at real jobs
>>
>>885173
>>885176
So they're basically right up r9k's ally I see
Thanks for sparing me the wasted time anons
>>
>>885180
The only reason anyone knows about them is their spamming threads here and driving to Brianna Wu's house.
>>
>>885129
Neither, it's a false dichotomy.

Goals can change just like the world can change. So MDE need not adopt such a discredited posture to attain 'righteousness'.

Nihilism is interesting insofar as cataloging stupidity and impotence for apathetic rejections would appear to be the opposite of what it stands for. Ignorance is being dispelled and at minimum schadenfreude elevates our mood.

I believe the issue comes down to what Psychology calls the locus of control.

Internal locus: I am in control and can do things. (Ideally good things.)

vs.

External locus: The world controls me. (I am not responsible for my actions at worst.)

Neither extreme if it ignores the other is correct as neither is consistent. If one person is in control then all must be as well. And if only other people are in control then what makes them special besides the fact they are not you?
>>
I have never heard of the first group and all I know about Mr CK is that he is supposedly some comedian with a cuckold fetish.

Could anyone explain what are their ideals and goals?

Based on the description by OP, the first group is Nietzschean and CK is an Epicurean?
>>
>>885138
HAIR LEFT
>>
>>885138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qOaZ4CQqKI&t=3m
>>
>>885129
It's a generational thing. CK is typical Gen X.
>>
>>885129
louis ck is so cucked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MCj4YeUEik
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.