[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akhenaten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: Akhenaten.jpg (387KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Akhenaten.jpg
387KB, 680x1024px
>Disavowed all established gods of ancient Egypt
>Made up his own god
>Started a "high tech" monotheistic religion
>Moved the established capital from Thebes to Amarna, a desert shithole
>After his death, his name and likeness was stricken from all temples and monuments
>His son ends up changing his name to avoid association

Most based Pharaoh
>>
File: akhenaten2.jpg (20KB, 480x245px) Image search: [Google]
akhenaten2.jpg
20KB, 480x245px
>>
File: Gilgamesh (1).jpg (65KB, 620x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh (1).jpg
65KB, 620x1000px
Not the best early historical ruler though
>>
File: Meritaten.jpg (4MB, 3250x5097px) Image search: [Google]
Meritaten.jpg
4MB, 3250x5097px
He completely fucked everything up, neglected foreign diplomacy, allowed the empire to crumble, and undermined the 18th dynasty (which ended soon after him).

But I fucking love him anyway. He has to be the single most interesting person from the Bronze Age, and the Amarna period's art is top-notch shit.
>>
The opera is excellent.
>>
his son was forced to name change by the high priests
>>
File: KV55_scull.jpg (105KB, 529x518px) Image search: [Google]
KV55_scull.jpg
105KB, 529x518px
>>868429
>>868452
The interesting thing is that we have what is quite likely Akhenaten's skull, and it looks relatively normal.
>>
File: mc15.gif (61KB, 462x239px) Image search: [Google]
mc15.gif
61KB, 462x239px
>>868492
I mean, he and his mother do seem to be pretty important.
>>
>>868492
>>868498
How is this related to Egypt you shitlicker
>>
>>868452
Probably not, though there definitely were a few dynasties that had darker skin
>>
>>868498

I like how Chick can't resist the dig at Catholicism in his tract about Babylonian paganism.
>>
Akhenaten let the kingdom fall into chaos and neglect because he was too busy and obsessed in promoting his Aten worship.

He's what I imagine a /his/ user would turn out to be like if he were granted the ability to be a king or emperor: probably neglect his domain because he was too busy trying to enforce meme-based ideas (/pol/-tier or /x/-tier or /int/-tier crap).
>>
>>868429
Akhenaten always reminds me of an autistic /his/torian who tried to create a most euphoric civilization only to get btfo'd by reality.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ5QleN03DU

You know you fucked up in life when some guys from South Carolina write a death metal song about how much of a punk ass bitch you were thousands of years later.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
12KB, 259x194px
WE
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.