[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do intellectual people do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1450124944.jpg (50KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
1450124944.jpg
50KB, 500x672px
Truly intellectual people - what do they do, how do they live their life? Do they kill themselves? Pursue intellectual interests or try to live the trivial life and just aspire plain happiness? Enter relationships? Become alcoholics?

I guess what I'm asking is not "what is the meaning of life", but "how should one pursue life"?
Philosophy in practice.
>>
File: 1458279156902.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1458279156902.gif
1MB, 371x209px
truly intellectual people such as myself spend all day doing nothing but enjoying the finest media, reading the greatest literature and philosophy and of course sacrificing at least six hours everyday sharing my immense intellect and wisdom with the ordinary people
>>
"truly intellectual" people either go insane and kill themselves or realize that this will happen down the road and take steps to being more normal.
>>
File: 1456723913103.jpg (43KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
1456723913103.jpg
43KB, 960x719px
>that picture
Stalin was a rat and didnt look like this.

>>862546

Between the ego inflated fucks, idiots who believe they're hotstuff and actual intellectuals that won't bother answering directly I can only predict this thread will go to shit.

Never ever mention intelligence on 4chan. It's assuming so many things, you can be sure it'll only trigger shitstorms.
>>
>>862567
Intelligence =/= intellectualism
>>
>>862567
>you can be sure it'll only trigger shitstorms.
what if that was the plan

it sounds like something a truly intellectual person would do, really.
>>
File: image.png (36KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
36KB, 300x168px
>>862575
Well tried OP
>>
File: 1.png (769B, 115x57px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
769B, 115x57px
>>862579
you're the only one who posted twice moron
>>
>>862575
Really doesn't. A nihilist maybe, but nihilists aren't intellectual lol
It's babbys first high school philosophy
>wahhh i have ten IQ points above average, i'm so misunderstood. this is why girls don't like me wahhh. i love you richard dawkins *wank wank*. my pathetic teen depression has left me without feelings and it makes me stronker wahhhh
>>
>>862586
>>862575
But you did as well
>>
>>862579
>tried
I think you mean "succeeded"
>>
>>862586
And ?
>>
>>862546
You should start by asking intelligent people.
>>
>>862590
well now I did but it would show 6/5 when you made that so you could obviously see I was not OP
>>
>>862546
>"what is the meaning of life"

Is it even a valid question? I mean the syntax of "1/0" is correct, yet is is undeffined, couldn't the meaning of life be a similar case?
>>
>>862546
That depends on your philosophy?
>>
>>862546
True intellectual here. I strive to pursue intellectual interests. My goal is to become a polymath, and then after achieving this goal I'm gonna kill myself because I don't belong in this world full of anti-intellectual brutes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.