[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/ Feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 16

>tfw you will never be genuinely religious
I just want to feel like I'm a part of something, but my atheistic beliefs seem very adamant.
>>
had this feel yesterday too

i get this feeling that to be indoctrinated from birth leaves you a lot healthier than 'finding god' in later life aka getting bipolar and having a breakdown
>>
>>85391
I know that feel. Like, I just can't have that kind of pure faith. In anything, really. But religion especially. I end up being a contrarian faggot, arguing for God to atheists and arguing for atheists to uberchristians. It's pretty damn autistic.
>>
I got yelled at and called a fedora for posting this same question on /pol/ a few months back. I think if I were to return to Christianity I would join the Orthodox Church.
>>
>>85391
I just wish times were simpler, I wish I could pick up a trade and live a simple, idyll life

Or list as a soldier in 18th/19th century and serve with dignity for my country

Probably the worst part of loving history is realizing you'll never be a part of those times
>>
File: ZdqJAajl.jpg (63KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
ZdqJAajl.jpg
63KB, 640x398px
>>85391
Feels good
>>
File: ScsWZMg.jpg (71KB, 498x704px) Image search: [Google]
ScsWZMg.jpg
71KB, 498x704px
>>85449
>i get this feeling that to be indoctrinated from birth leaves you a lot healthier than 'finding god' in later life aka getting bipolar and having a breakdown

Nah man, it's pretty damn traumatizing

>tfw used to stay up all night crying because I thought I was gonna go hell for jacking off as a teenager
>>
>>85564
Shouldn'ta jacked off desu
>>
File: moe-not-today.jpg (166KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
moe-not-today.jpg
166KB, 650x456px
>tfw ex-fedora
>converted to Orthodoxy about a year ago
>to this day constantly have struggle having faith in God
>go to church, read the bible, go to bible studies, pray etc. but doesn't help all that much
>often believe that I'm looking for God as a defense mechanism instead of genuine love for Him
>this lack of faith has led me to sin more and more frequently

I don't know what to do anymore, I try to humble myself and ask for help but I just can't. I feel like I'm slowly reverting back to an atheist but I just don't want to.
>>
>>85582
*but I just can't get it together
>>
File: 1433741927349.jpg (717KB, 800x7200px) Image search: [Google]
1433741927349.jpg
717KB, 800x7200px
>>85577
>>
>>85391
Similar feeling. Born Christian and I would still identify as Christian, and I would defend most of its historical actions as an institution and current positions, and I have a pretty good grasp of the bible, but fuck if I have no motivation to be a part of it.
>>
>>85608
Top kek
>>
File: 1315781068251.jpg (44KB, 480x457px) Image search: [Google]
1315781068251.jpg
44KB, 480x457px
>>85582
>often believe that I'm looking for God as a defense mechanism instead of genuine love for Him

Elaborate on this
>>
>>85608
Haha, well... who am I to limit God's power and authority? :^)
>>
File: 1441091430643.jpg (47KB, 600x648px) Image search: [Google]
1441091430643.jpg
47KB, 600x648px
>>85625
You'd be a fool to question God!
>>
>>85391
Tfw you spend your time reading about history and realising that you will never make it.
>>
>>85620
Well I had a pretty broken life before converting, so a part of me thinks belief in God helped me cope with my self-destructive behavior and get my life back on track.
>>
File: K3lGeWs.jpg (51KB, 540x445px) Image search: [Google]
K3lGeWs.jpg
51KB, 540x445px
>>85677
Maybe it did. And maybe it is time to drop that belief now if it is causing you distress rather than helping you like before
>>
File: Robespierre.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Robespierre.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
>>85391
>tfw this man is your hero but the general public consensus is that he was a monster
Saint Just also did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1415597791974.jpg (142KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1415597791974.jpg
142KB, 1600x1200px
>>85391
Live in a small town where you get to the people that run the stores and you're basically forced to form relationships with the people to get anything done.
We are a tribal species not intended to "know" more than 100 people at most, much less cities in the millions.
>>
>>85524
this so much
>>
>>85391
I know its fucking you, do some h/w
>>
>>85704
>maybe it is time to drop that belief now if it is causing you distress rather than helping you like before
Frankly I think God's will is more important than my overall happiness on this earth, but we'll see how that turns out. I'm not just gonna ditch my faith over doubt so easily.
>>
File: Moj6bvK.jpg (127KB, 603x1744px) Image search: [Google]
Moj6bvK.jpg
127KB, 603x1744px
>>85754
Okay man, peace out
>>
>>85713
If that's true why did we start to make cities? I used to think this but I think Nitezschhscsc thoroughly rekt this thinking when he addressed classical cynicism.

If your kind of thinking is 'natural' why did it take you conscious thought to reach it and why doesn't everyone get there?
>>
>>85655
I know this feel well, bro. I hope my chance to leave my mark on history comes someday, but I'm probably nothing but an overambitious college student who's gonna always be average as almost every other person who's ever lived.
>>
File: no-free-will-in-heaven.jpg (73KB, 403x450px) Image search: [Google]
no-free-will-in-heaven.jpg
73KB, 403x450px
>>85391
>>
>>85779
>>85892
more pls b0ss
>>
>>85816
What? Because people moved to where the people were to not die? This has nothing to do with philosophy or social science, our brains literally cannot manage more than a hundred-ish relationships without making concessions on the information stored
And people move to cities for a better way of life because sometimes it's better to live with food in your stomach than die surrounded by people you know.
>>
>>85652
Three Cs of biblical exegesis:
Context
Context
Context
>>
>>85923
I deleted and reposted and yet didn't actually remove the repeating sentence. fuck me my stupidity deserves to be broadcast
>>
File: RRHL2Oc.png (108KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
RRHL2Oc.png
108KB, 500x667px
>>85933
Explain how context changes meaning

>>85920
K
>>
>>85524
I used to be in the same hole, and that led me to reactionary and traditionalist literature. Transformed my life for the better, honestly.
>>
File: 1440700737161.png (524KB, 466x600px) Image search: [Google]
1440700737161.png
524KB, 466x600px
>>85945
Evil exists because Free Will exists.

Without evil, Man is not fallen. Without evil, there is no bondage to sin. Without evil, there is no reason for Jesus Christ to sacrifice himself for us. Without evil, there is no purpose to the Crucifixion, no significance to the Resurrection, and no need for our salvation. Without evil, there is no basis for the very foundation of the Christian faith.
>>
>>86103

We routinely restrain or prevent people from doing evil. We lock them up, we hire cops to capture, stop, even shoot them if necessary. We regard it as a morally acceptable, even a morally obligatory thing to act in self defense or to come to someone else's aid when they are being victimized by another. We regard it as an unqualified good to set up institutions and procedures that prevent people from doing or wanting to do evil acts. And we know for a fact most evil is done in ignorance, and thus we strive to educate people as well as possible. We also punish and reward by many different means so as to encourage good and discourage bad behavior. If all this is good for us, even morally obligatory, and is not a "violation" of the free will of evil doers, it is absurd to say it is wrong for a god to do it, that it violates free will only when HE does it but not when WE do.

>But God would do it too well!

It is absurd to think we can have a society that was too fair. One wonders, again, what heaven could possibly be like, or why we would want to go there, if there is such a thing as too nice a place to live. If heaven is better than this place, then God has no excuse not to make this place better, too. And even assuming there is such a thing as too much niceness and justice, who better to give us exactly the amount that is right, but an all-knowing, all-powerful, superintelligent being? Are we to say that we are already there, that more justice than we have now, more good than we have now, would be too much, would somehow take away our free will? If you really believe that, then you should oppose with fierce horror any attempt to improve crime control or prevention, or the justice system, or our medical system, or medical abilities and technologies, or any compassionate enterprise whatever, including soup kitchens and Doctors without Borders. For all these things would be unconsciously violating our free will. Yet that is clearly absurd.
>>
File: 1443341698699.jpg (94KB, 726x559px) Image search: [Google]
1443341698699.jpg
94KB, 726x559px
>>85920
>>
>>85524
>serve with dignity
More like eating shit food raping old bitch everyday and getting killed in the endless warfare

Kinda agree to the simple life part tho, living in the village side to the forest being a shephard or something, would be comfy
>>
>>85945
Well, in the first of the pic, God is talking to the other gods. In the second, he is talking to humans. He tells the humans not to test him, but that doesn't mean that he can't test other gods or vice versa.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.