[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this guy a dictator or a king? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

Is this guy a dictator or a king?

Why?
>>
>>830055
He is practically a king.
His grandfather ruled, his father ruled, he rule and his son will most likely rule.
In all but name.
>>
>>830055
By definition atheists can't be kings, so he is a docator.
>>
>>830069
king

noun: king; plural noun: kings

the male ruler of an independent state, especially one who inherits the position by right of birth.
"King Henry VIII"
synonyms: ruler, sovereign, monarch, crowned head, Crown, emperor, prince, potentate, lord
"the king of France"
>>
>>830055
Emperor tbph familia

He is directly descended from the last of the Huangook emperors, and his dynastic bloodline is pure.
>>
Both
>>
>>830055
Neither.

He's not a dictator because he is subject to the will of the party and doesn't have absolute power.

He's more a figurehead so King is pretty much more accurate.
>>
>>830651
(accidently pressed submit before finishing)
But there is nowhere stipulating that he is a monarch, technically anyone else can be chosen for the position but for propaganda purposes it is chosen within family.
>>
Hes an oligarch, since hes the figurehead of the single party.
>>
>>830055
he is the First Consul
>>
He doesn't style himself as a king so he's not a king, but in practical terms kingship varies a lot anyway.
If he called himself king I doubt much would change in the way he runs the country. He's a monarch, at least.
>>
>>830651
by that token, there has never been a secular dictatorship.
>>
>>830688
No, Africa is filled with tyrants who hold 100% power.
>>
>>830055
He is the First Citizen.
>>
>>830717
No, there isn't. They're usually representative of particular tribal or sectarian identities, from which they derive their power.
Like cmon give one example of a dictator without a particular demographic that functions as their power base
>>
>>830738
You misunderstand.

My point is that African dictators hold supreme totalitarian power in themselves. A Chief of a tribe doesn't have equals, doesn't distribute power, doesn't have a real party backing him up as he has control over a ruling tribe.

Kim Jong Un is completely different, he doesn't hold absolute power and his position is one more of a figurehead. In North Korea (Along with China, CCCP etc) power derives from the party itself and it's numerous members.

In North Korea, the real power players are people like Ri Yong-gil, Pak Pong-ju, Kim Yong-nam.

Do you call Xi Jinping a dictator? No, because he doesn't hold absolute power and is subject to the will of the party, the same as Kim Jong Un.
>>
>>830651
>executes uncle
>>
>>830069
What
>>
>>830808
And?
He was caught engaged in high amounts of fraud basically giving away free minerals too China.

China sends to prison and disappears ministers all the time, is Xi Jinping a totalitarian dictator?
>>
>>830055
No he is supreme consumer of the excess.
His job is to eat all the excess food so no one grows more then sells it for a profit thus leading to capitalism
>>
>>830795
But they do not. Such dictators hold power only insofar as it is beneficial to the base they represent, who receive in turn preferential treatment in influential positions.
Again, point to me dictator that isn't beholden to a group.
>>
>>830055
he is a king tater
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.