[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roman Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (4KB, 187x270px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 187x270px
Dear /his/

I just read I, Claudius and found it to be the best thing I've ever read. What are the best nonfiction books that are about the time in I, Claudius (Augustus - Caligula)
>>
>>808388
check out the Spartacus novelization, you'll probably like it.
>>
>>808388
The Bible
>>
>>808465
>>808415
Thanks for the worthless suggestions guys
>>
>>808547
The Bible is not a worthless suggestion.
>>
>>808553
He asked for nonfiction. Not a collection of allegorical tales from a myriad of unknown writers.
>>
>>808553
considering the question i asked, it's worthless
>>
>>808388
I assume you already read the sequel?
>>
>>808568
no. but i want non fiction. what is with the lack of reading comprehension on this board? the question was one sentence.
>>
>>808572
subject: roman empire
desire: non fiction about the time in which I, Claudius is set.

DERRR NOVELIZATION OF SPARTICUS
DEEEERRRR THE BIBLE
DDEERRERERR THE SEQUEL
>>
>>808558
>>808562
I think we should agree to disagree, I worship my Saviour, if you don't like that then so be it.
>>
>>808572
chill out, i just skimmed over your post. I found "Augustus The Life of Rome's First Emperor" by Anthony Everitt to be pretty good
>>
>>808582
thank you sir. sounds perfect.
>>
>>808581
is part of your worship recommending the bible when it has no relevance to the request?
>>
>>808587
The Bible isn't fiction.
>>
>>808589
oh it's a troll
>>
>>808592
A troll? wellt hat's quite a decisive thing you've made there which you can't prove, wow quite hypocritical isn't it?
>>
>>808605
i don't talk to trolls
>>
>>808612
you have no evidence of me being a torll quite hypocritical considering you don't have evidence the Bible isn't fiction.
>>
>>808638
i don't talk to trolls
>>
>>808640
Ironic, considering you are one
>>
>>808650
i don't talk to trolls
>>
>>808654
Thats good because I am not one
>>
>>808612
>>808640
>>808654
Do you have autism or something? Stop spazzing out like an autist with a tic.
>>
>>808670
Sorry but I don't converse with Le Trolls. Do not feed. Do not feed..
>>
>>808678
Good job killing this thread. All OP wanted was some book recommendations.
>>
>>808678
I'm not trolling, you're just a spastic.
>>
Can all bible faggots please GET THE FUCK OUT?

Also christfag Roman Empire is the worst Roman Empire.
>>
>>808388
Ranke sticks really fucking close to the sources ,which is good, but he takes them too literally. Check out Winterlings Caligula. It is non fiction, easy to read but enables you to understand why certain people were put into a bad light by senatorial historiography.
>>
>>808388
John Williams (the writer of Stoner) wrote a historical novel called Augustus about the eponymous Emperor, which is said to be his best work. How about you and I read it togethor, whadaysay?
>>
>>808388
Vespasian series by Robert Fabbri,
You will love this series. Its mature. It's desu the era for pedos.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.