[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have patriarchal societies been almost universal throughout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (4KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4KB, 500x370px
Why have patriarchal societies been almost universal throughout history?
>>
They haven't, its just the ones that weren't were all shit.

see Germanic barbarians
>>
>>766888
because scarcity > division of labor > male > female
>>
Because prior to modern contraception and obstetrics women had very different lives.
>>
>>766888
I am gonna make a wild guess without any sort of quallifications, at all.
Throughout history there different cultures have always been at war with each other, struggling for pretty much everything.
In this world only the cultures with any military pathos have been able to survive and prosper, and since men are pshycially stronger they have been the ones to stand first in line.
Now, being the members of the military caste and required to die for their tribe/nation they have of course wanted to have the political power over it, as well as being the ones most able to grab it due to "muh training"
A case I use to argue for this (Which likely is shit) is that almost all historical matriarchal societies have been rather isolated with few reasons to wage military war, such as the one placed on Crete.
>>
>>766940
women are a good scapegoat
>>
Earliest age at which a women can have children: 13 years old

Average life span: 40-50 years old

Number of children needed to go above population replacment assuming no early deaths: 3

Odds of death in child birth or young people dying of disease before breeding: high

Conclusion: Women need to have a lot of kids and they need to have them early otherwise society dies out.
>>
>>766888
>almost universal
There's never been a known matriarchal society
>>
Physical strength
>>
>>766940
You mean military ethos right?
>>
>>767678
Yes, right, that's it.
If you found anything else that seems to be outright wrong or stupid, tell me.
>>
The only matriarchal societies were prehistoric cave dwelling retard tribes that invented the stick at their technological peak. Which is about as far as women can advance society.
>>
Because men are stronger
>>
File: mannerbund.png (49KB, 700x788px) Image search: [Google]
mannerbund.png
49KB, 700x788px
>>766940
>>767668
Basically this: nature having endowed the male with the greater capacity to do violence. Protecting your group required men to organize into a Männerbund to defend the perimeter of the group, to separate the "us" from "them". This is why patriarchy and its attendant conception of property rights and sexual morality has persisted.
>>
>>766888
Men don't sit around 9 months of the year being pregnant and don't die during childbirth.

>be amazon chieftain
>i need an heir
>rape a man
>now i am fat and can not go hunting or defending my peoples
>beta amazonness gains power
>oops i died during child birth
>beta amazonness kills baby
>is new amazon chief
>>
>>767718
by this are women with shorter pregnancies genetically evolutionary superior specimens?
>>
>>770064
but may have less developed babies
>>
>>770241
Human babies are quite underdeveloped when they come out as is
>>
File: 1448806561534.png (768KB, 813x597px) Image search: [Google]
1448806561534.png
768KB, 813x597px
>>767718
this is why women have invented the concept of ''reward for being orbiters''. the more a man gives orgasms and other perks to a woman, the more the man is rewarded and feels useful in contributing to society.

women are what keep most men alive, in providing meaning. without women doing this, too many men would commit suicide.
>>
There was no monopoly on violence in pre-state societies, and violence is usually exerted by men in order to maintain fair social relations. When central state power grew, these men were disarmed and their ability to stand up for their rights was diminished. Patriarchy is the compromise.
>>
As to why men are more predisposed to violence, it's not really biological, but social. Population dynamics dictate that men are more expendable than women. Females tend to be more aggressive among species that don't generally have an even mix among the sexes in their social groupings.
>>
File: louvre-houe.jpg (46KB, 768x505px) Image search: [Google]
louvre-houe.jpg
46KB, 768x505px
>>766888
Pic related.

The development of the plough created a division of labour as it suited those with higher upper body strength (men)

Women then were stuck doing "home work" and men were out doing the physical and real work.

http://scholar.harvard.edu/files/alesina/files/aerfertilityandtheplow_jan17_2011.pdf?m=1360040878
>>
>>770510
>real work
>homework
Just curious, what do you define as real work?
>>
>>770514
not him, but i think a good definition is work that produces excess value.
>>
>>770514
I mean nothing by it, but society doesn't consider work at home or child raising to be real work.

"Mens work" is considered real work by society, farming, building, etc.

I don't agree with it, but sadly it is how it is.
>>
>>766888
Males are literally superior rulers, they have less clouded judgement

Some women are good rulers too, but usually they are very man-like and don't marry or have a cuck as husband, which implies lesbians

But a submissive woman would be the end for any nation, and womans are naturally submissive
>>
>>770514
bridges vs sweeping the house, what are you even arguing
>>
>>770602
Just look at Merkel and her obsession with taking in refugees. Altruism is a nice thing, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that she seems (wilfully?) blind to all the problems those refugees cause.
>>
>>771230
>Altruism is a nice thing
You can't possibly be stupid enough to think they're being let in because Angela is an altruist.
They're being let in because doing otherwise would rape the rhetoric her party has been setting up for the last 20 years, not to mention damage the low wage industry sytem Germany has used to come back to the industrial top since the 90s.
>but muh self internal market
Export based economy. She's transferring the effects of that onto the rest of the EU. By the time it comes back to bite her, she'll be well into retirement.
>but muh xenophobia
Not enough negative backlash compared to going back on party line. Yet. We'll see whether that changes before or after Merkel leaves. I'm gonna go with after.
>>
>>771270
I had this article in mind when I made that post.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/why-has-angela-merkel-staked-her-legacy-on-the-refugees-a-1073705.html

>"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out."
I think this whole refugee issue shows that there is something else that is driving Merkel that isn't money or power, or her party's ideals. Perhaps calling it misguided altruism is wrong too, but I'm not entirely convinced that the refugee problem is a rational issue for Merkel.
>>
>>766888

>implying anything is "universal" throughout history
>>
>>766888
Because men are intrinsically more powerful physically than women.

Not rocket science.
>>
>>766888

testosteron
estrogen
vasopressin
oxitocin
>>
>>766888
Men are expendable, so men try harder to be exceptional and became leaders.

Also I guess childbirth.
A patriarch risked less by bearing children than a matriarch would.
>>
>>770414
But premature ones are even more. Think about how are they put now incubators until they are 9 months old
>>
>>770449
i don't get that pic
>>
>>770510

this is completely false tho

most agricultural work, since ever, has and in much of the world is today done by women

this started changing in the last couple of centuries with field mechanisation development and such

before that women basicaly were the 'field machinery'
>>
>>771400
[Citation needed]
>>
File: 1456050177645.jpg (115KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
1456050177645.jpg
115KB, 1920x800px
>career ending pregnancy
>>
>>766888
Men: provider, protector
Women: baby incubator, homemaker
>>
>>770449
T. Beta orbiter
>>
>>771362
>testosterone
This is the only one I'd buy, and only in the most basal forms of group dynamics where the most capable of violence rules
>estrogen
Wtf does menstrual cycles and stretchier muscles have to do with this?
>vasopressin
wtf does plasma volume have to do with this?
>oxytocin
Maybe you're saying that women die more during contractions? Or is it breast milk? You know there's no evidence that oxytocin affects humans behavior in any tangible way, plasma volumes of oxytocin are just as high while you're playing a video game or eating a sandwich as while you're fucking and it's only been correlated with attachment in voles...
I swear the pseudoscience on this board is going to give me a hernia
>>
>>766888
Matriarchal societies were all hunter gathering barbarians who got genocided by other hunter gatherers that weren't as retarded.

Nobody cares about them outside of your local Indigenous Womxn of Color Studies department.

WE WUZ QUEENZ N SHEEEEEEIT
>>
>>771380
The guy is married to emily blunt and repeatedly impregnating her while the woman took an onscreen romance 4 realz and posted this on valentines day this year.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.