[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is European history over? With the fall of communism and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (77KB, 522x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 522x750px
Is European history over? With the fall of communism and the acceptance of democracy by all Western European states, could there ever be another continent wide war in Europe? Pic not related
>>
This is current or future affairs, not history.
>>
>>679024
No, the western world is falling and not many seem to notice or care. The backward muslims can't wait for it though.
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2006/10/empire200610
>>
>>679024
Why is your definition of history contingent on there being a continent wide war?
>>
>>679078
Oh sorry that's the old 2006 article, it was true back then too.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2015/11/16/paris-and-fall-rome/ErlRjkQMGXhvDarTIxXpdK/story.html
>>
>>679097
What else could happen, the EU dissolves? Then what?
>>
>>679024
History will never end.
>>679078
>>679105
>Idiotic Xenophobia

This is why America is a failure at being an empire. Should have left the imperalizng to the bigger smarter boys
>>
No, Europeans will start breeding with Africans and herald in a new Egypt. :^)
>>
>>679105
How can someone write an article with such little content
>>
>>679112
>xenophobia
You're either a muslim or a leftist.
>>
File: ASvhKTb.jpg (74KB, 677x782px) Image search: [Google]
ASvhKTb.jpg
74KB, 677x782px
>>679024
Is European history over? With the subjugate of barbarian tribes and the domination of Roman Empire in Europe, could there ever be another continent wide war in Europe? Pic not related
>>
The refugee crisis will probably boil over into something. that is history.
>>
>>679159
who gives a shit what he is
>>
>>679112
>Point out unprecedented demographic change
>Get called a xenophobe
This is why I'm going to vote for Trump, the Left just can't be reasoned with anymore.
>>
>>679178
>implying the articles pointed out a demographic change
>>
>>679195
>Implying I've read this thread and am not simply informing you that 'xenophobe' is a bad insult
>>
>>679203
>implying im >>679112
>>
>Is European history over?

Yes. in 2014, the EU passed resolution 239884, which stopped all clocks on december the 31st at 23:59.59. Since then nothing has ever happened, and there is no such thing as history.

Alternatively, OP, your question is one of the most idiotic I've seen on this board. and that takes some doing.
>>
>>679224
Well that's rude. I think it's a fair enough question, given that we're reaching an unprecedented point in history
>>
>>679232
>I think it's a reasonable question
>we're reaching an unprecedented point in history
You don't think this is somewhat contradictory?
>>
>>679240
As in there are very few precedents to the modern era in terms of how political dynamics work
>>
>>679240
I'm familiar with Fukuyama's argument, I just don't think European history is over. The EU isn't a government, and it certainly isn't a proper state. European history will be over when every European state is integrated into a proper unitary government.
>>
>>679280
>>679252
Not only did I reply to the wrong person but I forgot to add that historical models that define 'history' as the movement toward a particular mode of production or government are generally not things I go for.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 612x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 612x563px
>>679178
>Wah wah

Immigration has been happening for hundreds of years. No one with a less materially satisfying lifestyle endevered to keep his after he migrated.
This is one place Id assume Americans to actually know about.
>>679159
>BIG BAD BOOGYMEN THREATEN MY FLABBY LIFESTYLE

Do you sleep well at night knowing that people like you have been ruining your nation for 35 years?
>>
>>679024
Europe will exist until the end of humanity, so no European history is not over - it's just experiencing a temporary boring period.
>>
>>679302
>No one with a less materially satisfying lifestyle endevered to keep his after he migrated.
Then why do so many of the Jews I know identify so strongly with their culture and religion, and why is the same true of all the Indians I know? Why do Islamic communities tend to become effective enclaves in most of the cities they pop up in? Don't tell me about America if you don't know anything about America. I'm not talking about lifestyle, I'm talking about basic cultural values that are one of the main reasons advocates of immigration advocate immigration in many cases I've personally encountered (inb4 'muh anecdotes,' I don't have much else to go by than what I myself perceive). I just think that cultural identities are important, and I don't think it's unreasonable to be opposed to the systematic elimination of existing cultures, and I don't think that it makes sense to provide refugees with jobs specifically because they're refugees when millions of Americans are unemployed. There are just limits to reasonable tolerance.
I bet you're not white, though, so you probably politically oppose this viewpoint.
>>
>>679320
>all the Indians I know
Hyperbole on my part but I stand by this: Indians are not just abandoning their culture en masse when they migrate to the West.
>>
>>679320

The immigrants in America take jobs Americans wouldn't take and do. Would you pick grapes for 12 cents a day?

Urban Exclaves aren't that big of a deal,
And the America is mostly suburbanites already.
>Cultural Identity
Name one thing that America did 300 years ago that it does now
>>
>>679340
>The immigrants in America take jobs Americans wouldn't take and do
Are you talking about Mexicans? Because I know plenty of immigrants who are middle class and have typically American jobs and are citizens or on the path to acquiring citizenship. Again, don't tell me about America because you're obviously deluded about it.

>Would you pick grapes for 12 cents a day?
Are you actually implying that all immigrants to America work that kind of job? Jesus Christ, man, get a grip on reality.
>Urban Exclaves aren't that big of a deal,
Aside form proving you wrong, my Turkish friend?
>Name one thing that America did 300 years ago that it does now
Speak English
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 697x437px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 697x437px
>>679349
I'm Czech actually.
>Are you talking about Mexicans? Because I know plenty of immigrants who are middle class and have typically American jobs and are citizens or on the path to acquiring citizenship. Again, don't tell me about America because you're obviously deluded about it

I doubt you can tell the difference between legal and illegal immigrants at a glance.
>Are you actually implying that all immigrants to America work that kind of job? Jesus Christ, man, get a grip on reality.

The Majority do. Please do not take the lords name in vain.

>Speak English

It's not the same as it was 300 years ago.

Your job was not taken by immigrants. It was funneled into tax cuts so the commanding heights of the economy could be held.
>>
>>679361
>I doubt you can tell the difference between legal and illegal immigrants at a glance.
Although you're correct, I say this because it's something I've asked them about. It's a topic that comes up in conversation.
>The Majority do. Please do not take the lords name in vain.
Don't preach to me while telling lies.
>It's not the same as it was 300 years ago.
And yet the English language is still the English language. The American government is still the American government. I actually find it odd that you think there's no actual continuity in American culture just because there's a plurality of cultures in the country.
Most of the jobs on that chart look like jobs white people would do if there weren't large non-white populations already embedded in those industries. I haven't claimed that an immigrant took my job so don't put words in my mouth, Eurotrash. If you don't think white cooks, agricultural workers, construction workers, janitors, grounds maintenance workers, truck drivers, carpenters, and cashiers exist or have historically existed, I'm just not sure I can agree with you there.
>>
>>679377
>They'd do a job that requires them to slave away for pennies a day

>Skin color defines ethnicity

Without cheap labor the agricultural industry doesn't make profits. Without Indian doctors the rich would have to pay for school throuought the nation, thus driving down the price of their own real estate.
Life seems real easy when you blame other people for all your problems.
>>
>>679394
>>Skin color defines ethnicity

I'm actually talking about white people, as in the descendants of European immigrants to the US.
>Without cheap labor the agricultural industry doesn't make profits

You're now the one falsely equating immigrant populations and cheap labor and acting as if there's a necessary connection between them when there isn't.
>Without Indian doctors the rich would have to pay for school throuought the nation, thus driving down the price of their own real estate.
Too bad, something ought to be done about the rich abusing property laws, as well. I'm well aware that the capitalist class or whatever you want to call them are responsible for this.
>>
>>679112

Muslims are not a race

>Bidoophobia

wow seriously in 2016?
>>
>>679024
Race war is inevitable, mixing sharia law kebabs with euros wont be good
>>
>>679302

Immigration has never happened in the way it is currently happening at any point in history.

Never before have literally millions of people walked into a country with no resistance and usurped the native population in less than a century.
>>
>>679097
this
>>
>>679435
Xenophobia doesn't refer to race.
>>
>>679421
>I'm actually talking about white people, as in the descendants of European immigrants to the US.

Most of the movement in labor has been African Anerican jobs lost to immigrants.
Euro-Americans don't even factor into this at all.
>You're now the one falsely equating immigrant populations and cheap labor and acting as if there's a necessary connection between them when there isn't.

Macro-Economically there is. Immigrants have very few investments like homes and debts and a very low claim on resources. We'd have to impoverish every American if you wanted to start racing to the bottom like that.

>Too bad, something ought to be done about the rich abusing property laws, as well. I'm well aware that the capitalist class or whatever you want to call them are responsible for this.

Renter class. Capitalist implies that they actually invest capital

>>679435

It's mostly driven by fear of brown people.
>>679440
>>POL

Anyone who immigrated isnt religious, they're leaving their home because neocon destruction of their home caused them to flee.
If they wanted Sharia they'd be in Raqqa
>>
>>679451
>Never before have literally millions of people walked into a country with no resistance and usurped the native population in less than a century.

They're less than 5% in all countries, even at the highest projections
>>
its threads like this that prove that this board wasn't really needed.

This question is very well suited to /pol/

all history questions would be fine on /pol/
>>
>>679474
>Most of the movement in labor has been African Anerican jobs lost to immigrants.
Hmm?
>Euro-Americans don't even factor into this at all.
What the fuck are you talking about? You're the one making a big deal about unemployment in the first place, my claims are about cultural identity and values.
>inb4 America has none
Neither has Europe since 1945.
>Macro-Economically there is.
In this moment, yes, but this is a history board.
>Capitalist implies that they actually invest capital
Are you implying capitalism doesn't need cheap labor?
>>
>>679489
>>679489
> You brought up unemployment

Most of the jobs on that chart look like jobs white people would do if there weren't large non-white populations already embedded in those industries.

>Are you implying capitalism doesn't need cheap labor

They charge access rent and use pre built capital. Most of the irrigation system in the west was already built when they bought it, they profit off pre-existing investment.
What state are you from btw?
>>
>>679479

Yes, as of right now they are still the minority. But by the middle of this century they are predicted to become the majority everywhere, and no war was fought. They were just welcomed in.

To be a minority is to be treated as a second class citizen by default, and everyone who is white is going to seriously regret the choices their parents and grandparents made when it happens.

All those ideas of progressive thinking and "Enlightenment" regarding race and ethnicity will vanish in an instant. As somebody who's obviously interested in history you should realise that no amount of social change can alter what human beings are at their core.

We have not moved past genocide and race based hatred, and we never will. It's an illusion and when it goes away it will be the white people who become the victims of it.
>>
>>679507
>They charge access rent and use pre built capital. Most of the irrigation system in the west was already built when they bought it, they profit off pre-existing investment.
You didn't answer my question.
I'm from Massachusetts.
>>
>>679509
Someone is projecting the shadow intensively. You do realize that most of them move back home, and that the Middle East is projected to get richer after 2024.

>Race
>Anyone thinking that way besides Americans

Race here in Europe is linguistic. There's a reason the Irish were treated like shit by the British despite being pale as fuck. Immigrants mostly speak our languages by the third generation.
>>
>>679538
>You do realize that most of them move back home, and that the Middle East is projected to get richer after 2024.

Is that supposed to mean there isn't a good reason to acknowledge that something has to be done to address the problems massive unintegrated populations cause when they just appear in states that aren't preparedo handle them?
>Race here in Europe is linguistic
I think you're oversimplifying a highly dynamic phenomenon. Take it from an American living in a fundamentally multicultural society: there's a lot more to race than any one factor.
>>
>>679520
Acces to comes along with monopoly access to capital, they can charge whatever they want for it.
It's like asking if the ocean needs fish.
>>
>>679552
Access to cheap labor.
>>679548
Race in America is a matter of phenotype, race in Europe is linguistic.
As long as they're helping us fight the poles and speak in Czech while passing the grenade, idgaf
>>
>>679552
>>679559
You don't seem to understand the complex dynamics of racial identity very well. I know where you're coming from with this dichotomy but it seems like a very naive view of things.
>>679552
>Acces to cheap labor comes along with monopoly access to capital, they can charge whatever they want for it.
You didn't answer my question. If you tried to, you did a poor job, because whether or not that's the case low-paying jobs still exist and there's a lot of opposition to raising the minimum wage to $15 nationally over here.
>>
>>679302
>Do you sleep well at night knowing that people like you have been ruining your nation for 35 years?
This is the most commie-like statement I have ever heard directed at me.
>>
>>679024
>Is European history over
No. Europe still has one of the highest standards of living, best schools, and is still innovating.
>>
>>680674
I love how when people say "Europe", most of the time they just mean "part of Western Europe".
>>
>>679480
We're not interested in hearing about jews or cucks 70,000 times a day. Here we can relax in hearing it just 50,000 times.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.