[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get an explanation on who built the pyramids? Anywhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: pyramid.jpg (250KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
pyramid.jpg
250KB, 1200x803px
Can I get an explanation on who built the pyramids? Anywhere I look is clickbait conspiracy theories
>>
>>671519
I know it sounds crazy but I think they're the work of Egyptians.
>>
Egyptian labourers.
>>
>>671519
They were grain silos built by the egyptians
>>
>>671525
>>671527
>man, we're so much better than /pol/
>>
>>671525
But the texts say "with the help of the Gods" What else could that mean but that aliens traveled hundreds of light years to help some bronze age kingdom stack rocks together while leaving no sign of the existence except some myths roughly based of them?

I mean can you think of a more likely explanation?
>>
The Pharaoh and the people were basically related. He would basically kill all the men and make all the babies in the early years. It's my theory that the people loved the "king" so much they decided to build the giant tombs for him. I don't think there was ever any slaves until the later dynasties. There is also several sunken cities.
>>
>>671535
What?
>>
>>671519
Literally
>the jews did it
in b4 people claiming conspiracy
>>
>>671551
Egyptians are the jews, moses was the son of the Pharaoh retard.
>>
>>671519
No one actually knows OP. Human labor was not strong enough to lift any of the stones that make up the pyramids, and they did not have the material of lifting up those blocks.

The other answer is ayyliums of course.
>>
Ancient Egypt was a point in time where people believed the pharoahs were literal god beings on earth. they also had all the fucking time in the world to build these gigantic tombs for the dead

it was almost 100% manual labour
>>
>>671519
Enormous public works projects to keep farmers busy during the flood season.
>>
>>671575
To expand on this, tax was paid partly in the form of labor.
>>
>>671519

Old theory was slaves. Later theory was Egyptian farmers doing it in their free time. At this point everyone just shrugs their shoulders.
>>
probably egyptians, but holy shit people here think they were tombs lmao. they served sone kind of religous purpose related to observing stars, solstices. they were not tombs
>>
>>671575
>>671588
>conscripted labor is so much better than slavery
>just look at the pyramids and the great wall
>happy times all around
>>
>>671720
>>conscripted labor is so much better than slavery
It is when you're being paid for it.
>>
>>671723
>being paid for labor being collected as taxes
u wut
>>
>>671720
>Be conscripted laborer
>Work.
>Get paid
>GO HOME
>FREE.
"Le poor peasents dying in corvee labor" was usually propaganda, specially in the Chinese case (i.e. Dynasty painting the previous Dynasty in a bad way). There may have been deaths and hardship but I doubt cunts were treated intentionally badly.

>Be slave
>Work
>Git abused because property
>Get to do mind numbing machine-style work
>Not free.
>>
>>671740
Egypt lasted like four thousand years m80, either is possible.
>>
>>671740
Egyptian cunts who worked on the Pyramid were paid with barley.
>>
>>671740
You paid off your taxes during the flood season when you couldn't be farming by working on the pyramid. While working, you got a supply of bread, beer and some meat. When people died, they automatically got the kinds of burials they wouldn't be able to afford had they died not working on the pyramid.
>>
>>671753
yeah, theu were barely paid
>>
File: 1450179119403.png (357KB, 397x402px) Image search: [Google]
1450179119403.png
357KB, 397x402px
>>671519
Blacks built them senpai
>>
>>671540
nigga what
>>
>>671750
>Get paid
Only in the sense that it paid for part of your tax burden and you were fed

>There may have been deaths and hardship but I doubt cunts were treated intentionally badly.
You say that like slaves owned by ancients were treated intentionally badly

>GO HOME
So they don't have to house and feed you most of the year

>FREE
No, they will call you back during flood season, you have no choice in the matter

>>671753
"paid" by reducing tax burden, and redistributing taxes paid as rations, paid for by a fraction of the taxes they originally paid to the state
>>
>>671758
>You paid off your taxes
Exactly, you are paying the state, not the state is paying you. Or they're paying you to pay them. You can't think that the food distributed to workers magically came from nowhere, do you? It came from the workers in the first place for taxes collected.

>When people died, they automatically got the kinds of burials they wouldn't be able to afford had they died not working on the pyramid.
You don't want a spooky peasant laborer haunting your swag tomb, do you?
>>
>>671750
>Get paid

You got paid as much as required to sustain your life during the project. So your payment was a place to sleep, enough grain and onions for you to not starve, and some nasty beer to drink.
You werent given actual currency, or any surplus to bring home as winnings from your work. You came back as wealthy as you left, the work done didnt earn you anything whatsoever.
That may be good for people who were too poor to live before the conscription, as its a notable upgrade to their lifestyle, the same way that getting arrested is a notable improvement for a sick alcoholic hobo. However for most people it was lost time, and they probably lost time exactly when they needed it to rebuilt their home and get a woman and such.
>>
the Pharaohs, using the work of labourers
>>
>>671554
is this bait
>>
>>671519
Satan built them after his fall
>>
>>671768
>You say that like slaves owned by ancients were treated intentionally badly
>Roman Mines.
Mkay m8.
>>
>>671851
Miners werent treated intentionally badly. Its just so happens that being a miner is a shit job that needs doing.
>>
inb4 hyper-war memes
>>
File: ayyyyy.jpg (150KB, 1280x1120px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyy.jpg
150KB, 1280x1120px
>>671519
>>671537
>ff 9001 years
>find american $, so many!!
>How did they even make them?
>In God We Trust
>>
>>671537
Still more likely explanation than God helping them.
>>
>>671831
>lost time
To be honest they'd just be doing nothing on the farm. Possibly fucking. But otherwise you are correct.

>>671851
Being treated badly is not a requisite part of being a slave.
>>
File: 1447815585459.png (332KB, 598x716px) Image search: [Google]
1447815585459.png
332KB, 598x716px
>>671892
>being forced into labor under threat of physical harm
>get sent to do difficult/dangerous/generally unpleasant work
>they weren't treated badly, guys!
>>
>>671907
>obeying laws under threat of physical harm
>be a house minstrel
>sucks to be a slave that gets treated badly
>>
>>671519
Egyptians roughly had some sort of labor laws that required them to do certain hours of work in order for them to live in the kingdom. The Jews didn't come along until almost 100 or more years after Keftka
>>
>>671554
The only pharaoh retard here is you.
>>
>>671540
Your mom is a sunken city
>>
>>671537
>But the texts say "with the help of the Gods"

no they fucking don't, giorgio. this is a fucking meme. von daniken spastics always refer vaguely to "uhm like the ancient texts" that supposedly speak of gods coming from the sky and helping men. i majored in egyptology and let me tell you there are no such fucking stories. it's just an unproven assumption pulled out of thin air that is just repeated often enough until it is just assumed to be true. fuck
>>
>>672536
>majored in Egyptology

What a fucking mistake kek
>>
>>671529
no they were grain silos built by the Hebrew pharaoh who was sold to the Egyptians as a slave
>>
>>672570
nope, i'm working at uni now, doing research, deciphering papyri, going on excavation now and then

granted, it's the exception rather than the rule, i might as well have wound up as a taxi driver
>>
>>671716
Why were people buried in then.
>>
>>671519
with many many jews they didn't treat them very well when they had them working on it.
by that I mean they were slaves so they slaved away building the thing
>>
>>672733
>jews
>in 2400 BC
>>
>>672630

Huh I would have assumed most stuff was done by now. Of course you could always find new artefacts and stuff, do you still find any major things? Did they leave lots of documents and texts, and are there still a lot untranslated?
>>
>>673026
Not that guy, but there's tons of shit that's still not translated, there's shitloads of archaelogical digs ongoing and yet to be dug up. Shit, they're still finding out new stuff about the great pyramids themselves.

And even once you've got it all dug up and translated there will be many, many decades of analysis and critical thinking to be done about all of it.
>>
>>671588
>At this point everyone just shrugs their shoulders.

A paid labor force with housing and foremen even had their own villas.
>>
>>671566
They didn't have to lift them. They would simply push them through ramps.
>>
>>671851
>>671768
It depends quite a bit on the availability of the slaves and relationship with their masters. Athenians say that Spartans treated their slaves particularly badly, and the behavior of Spartans demonstrates that they were considerably more fearful of slave revolts than other Greeks.

This seems to be caused by the Spartan lifestyle, where Slaves did most labor while Spartans focused on martial aspects, compared to other Greeks who simply had Slaves as helpers.
>>
A few years back archaeologists unearthed the homes of seemingly well-paid foremen who worked on the pyramids. Mainstream media ran with the claim that there were no slaves that worked on the pyramid and they were all well-paid foremen.

I'm not really buying that. Logic would suggest you'd have a small number of high caste scribes and literate men doing the engineering and checking the work, a larger number of well-paid skilled foremen supervising day to day labor and being foremen, than a bunch of slaves doing all the grunt work.
>>
>>671519
Aliens
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.