[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>First day of my Classics (Antiquity) class >Teacher shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 15

File: JG.png (3MB, 2800x1622px) Image search: [Google]
JG.png
3MB, 2800x1622px
>First day of my Classics (Antiquity) class
>Teacher shows a video of John Green
Should I drop it now?
>>
>>650692
maybe it was a joke?
>>
>>650697
Nah, she seemed really into him
>>
>first day of Philosophy Bachelors
>female, genderqueer professor forces us all to spit on a bust of Plato, while she (in the nude) masturbates to the actions

Should I drop?
>>
Maybe you should reign in your arrogance and stop assuming memes you've gotten from a white supremacist image board make you more qualified than your PHD history professor, you fucking retard
>>
>>650692
>Classics (Antiquity) class
That seems oddly specific for a high school history class.

If it's college then maybe she is just trying to peek the interest of normies such that they might watch his videos on their own time and learn something because they want to. If your professor plans on showing a lot more of his videos than you might have a problem.
>>
>>650729
>Specific
Its like 800 years of history
>>
Remember that you`re not paying to watch internet videos. Also, can we turn this into a bad history teacher thread? Here is my story

>be me, last year at school
>study in a shitty brazilian school in Japan, the school has a reputation of hiring very bad teachers who most of the time didn`t even go to college
>current teacher is a communist who believed that Africa was perfect before 19th century imperialism, he used to question the student`s faith and got fired because of it
>new teacher is a woman, in her early 40s she comes to school wearing something like a poncho, she is always smiling
>her first class she just introduces herself, says she studied on Brazilia, capital of Brazil
>her second class we`re talking about the first world war, here is what she tells the class
>''Guys, the first world war was a conflict between the most powerful countries of europe, the Allies: Berlin, Paris and United Kingdom and the Central Powers: Italy, Vienna and Constantinople''
>my classmates don`t have any interest in history, I`m probably the only one who enjoys it and I just finished listening to Dan Carlin Blueprint for Armaggedom, and after learning about the terrible stories of war I feel almost offended for those veterans
>I correct her, she looks stunned at me, almost as if I discovered her secret, that she doesn`t know jack shit
>she says that i`m right and continues
>the war begun at 1924
>bitchwhat.jpeg
>I look at her with a puzzled look on my face she notices and asks if she said something wrong again
>I correct her again
>for the rest of the bimester she would ask everything to me, she didn`t know shit. I felt bad for her, seriously, I didn`t want to be in that position, everytime she would ask me something she was mistaken and it was embarassing to say so in front of my classmates
>she said she had a young son and her husband wasn`t coming home very often, she was very naime, I only imagine that she was being cuck`d hard
>I wonder where she is today.
>>
>>650778
that is a very sad story
>>
>>650692
Is this in college OP?
>>
>>650778
>brazilian school in Japan

Why would you do that. American or British foreign schools are the only good ones.
>>
CrashCourse Philosophy vid 1 when?
>>
>>650778

You reminded me of something, a while back in an undergraduate class.

>Doing "security studies" poli-sci, not real history, but with a lot of focus on how states historically prepared for and actually entered into armed struggle with each other, so there was a lot of history in it.
>On each class, one of us was supposed to do extra reading and open the discussion.
>One of my days fell on April 1st, so I decided to make a bit of a joke of it.
>WW1 was the focus, and the reading was primarily about the arms race and naval buildups.
>Instead, I start talking about the trench wars, and how the various states involved kept their men fighting even as they died by the tens of thousands for marginal gains.
>Liberally sprinkle my presentation with nonsense, it wasn't the only obviously wrong fact, but I claimed that the British managed to keep morale high throughout the Somme offensive by liberally doping up all their soldiers with combat drugs, the most famous of which was "UltraBong".
>Teacher just keeps smiling, nodding, and while he never elaborated on it, just kept encouraging the class to listen to and direct questions to me, not to him.

I'm still not entirely sure if he was just getting a bit senile and wasn't paying attention, or if he thought it was funny and let me keep going. Got full marks for the presentation that day though.
>>
>>650725
just because someone has a formal degree doesnt mean they are either (1) smart or (2) qualified to teach (not in the legal sense). important to to stress that these are two seperate qualities. sometimes you can possess one but not the other.
>>
>>650709
Is she hot?
>>
>>650819
I didn`t really have a choice anon. I`m brazilian and came to Japan when I was a kid, we live in the province of Shizuoka close to the city of Hamamatsu, there is no british or american schools here... and my parents didn`t want to put me in a Japanese school because they thought I would be bullied to the point of suicide because of my nationality, which is frequent with brazilians students in japanese schools
>>
>>650725
Maybe you should stop slurping cum
>>
>>650852
Yeah. She's a 50 year old French women. She's known on campus as a cougar.
>>
>>650909
y-you didn't make that story up?
>>
>>650914
I've nothing to gain from lying, this is an anonymous board after all.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 393x500px
>>650918
y-you too
>>
>>650709
Dude, you fucked up. Clearly, this was a test to see what the class was like.
I'm assuming you all just went with it, in order to submit to her authority.
What you should have done is declare that after death, all that is left of a person is what
others remember, and even if you despise Plato, you should still respect his existence.
Furthermore, her masturbating is her gaining pleasure from the activities of her students,
despite her being there to help the students, leaving her morally and ethically unfit for her job.
I grantee you would have gotten an automatic A for the semester if you had just done that.
>>
>>650778
You should have fucked her, then whisked her away.
>>
You're the sorta guy who fucking claims he knows the name of every weapon ever, aren't you OP?
>>
>>650735
That's very specific for a high school course.
>>
>>650701
>she
Drop it.
>>
Why are female teachers, especially history teachers, always so shit?
>>
>>651495
Historical thinking is foreign to the female brain.
>>
>>650692
1) Crash Course is awesome.
2) The first day means nothing, first lecture of my classics degree had clips of 300 and Troy, it amuses and occasionally grips people.
>>
I've never had a shitty history teacher. I can't even imagine how a teacher would come to the conclusion that it would be a good idea to have John "ALEXANDER WAS A MISOGYNIST" Greene as part of their lessons. The only thing that even comes close in recent memory is that we watched an episode of HBO's Rome in one of my classes, but that was just for fun.

I'm going to ask my school's head of the history department if any of his colleagues have ever used a crash course video.
>>
>>650844
Sounds like he was havin a giggle, m8
>>
>>650867
É só encher os japas de porrada, retardado
>>
>>651495
I had a female history teacher in high school who was great. Took no bullshit from anyone, fact checked everything 100 times.
>>
>>650692
yes
>>
>>651430
This
>>
>>651495
You are making that fallacy of noticing things only when they suit your theory.
Think of how many male teachers you've had, and how many of them were total shit. If you say 10% female teachers are good, the probability still holds for males.
>>
>>650778
Puta que pariu, nem no Brasil os brasileiros conseguem fazer escolas boas, imagina no Japão
>>
>>651495
Normally I would say something against this; but my history teacher was so shit that made hate history almost for a year. She was dumb and ignorant.
>>
>>650836
Can't wait to hear how patriarchal and problematic Nietzsche's übermensch is
>>
>>651495
My history teacher for the IB was great m8, fuck off
>>
>>651495
>>651524
My best teacher was also a woman. She was a Portuguese Communist raised catholic in a village, and how she had an understanding of history. She was incisive, she always let debate happen unless it meant disrespect, she could always find something wrong in an answer and it was rare that anyone ever got all the points in a question, and the thing is, she was right in doing it.
When it was time to correct the homework, it would be like this:
>Who wants to tell their answer to the homework?
>Brainless nerd starts reading out answer
>Don't read it out, answer the question
>uhhh...uhhhh...
And that's how she taught real history. Just knowing loose facts got you absolutely nowhere. Great woman. I remember also having a great discussion about the etymology of curse words in class with her.
She, a real badass of an old lady (62 or something), fought out some teenage girls who wanted to steal her wallet with an umbrella once. Man, what a human being.
>>
>>651600
I'm a Portuguese guy who studied at a German language school. My worst teachers were German males. Just the laziest you can get. One taught Biology, the other IT. They never did anything, just some jerks who stayed there feeling important, the IT guy always checking out how the waves were at the beach on the internet. Bunch of jerks, those two.
>>
>>650692
The teacher is trying to spark an interest for history in the majority of students who're most likely taking the class because they have to fill them history units up.
>>
>>650692
could be acceptable for high school maybe, but that's fucking embarrassing for college
>>
>>650729
How is that specific at all?
>>
>>650725
>actually defending John Green
As a way to give someone a brief view of history if you STRESS that he is insanely biased, it's alright. Other than that, he has no place in an academic context.

And fuck PBS for legitimizing him.
>>
>>650709
Should have fucked her right there tbqh
>>
>>650844
>UltraBong

All of my keks, sir. All of them.
>>
File: mah_boi_by_nikkikitty44.png (210KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
mah_boi_by_nikkikitty44.png
210KB, 900x700px
>>651504
>1) Crash Course is awesome
Gotta be 18 to post, my boy.
>>
>>652208

>have to fill their history units up

That isn't how university works.
>>
>>651495
Because rational discourse without use of "Muh feelins" impossible with them.
>>
>>652472
At my college you needed to take 2 basic history courses
>>
>>652472
It is in the Unites States, people are required to take about 7 or 8 classes (About .75 to 1yr of schooling) of 'general education' that has a degree of lenience. The classes have to be chosen from certain sections and there's usually a couple different classes per section.

Many people just choose these classes based on how well it fits into the rest of their schedule so many people are not actively interested in the class because they feel like it's something they have to do.
>>
File: conquistadors.jpg (475KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
conquistadors.jpg
475KB, 1500x1125px
>>650692
>My World History II (Honors) professor did the same thing
>was getting worried
>then told us to examine his biases
>said class would focus on examining the agendas of historical interpretations
Felt pretty good, tbhl.

Pic related; Prof explained to us that the Europeans weren't as bad as we had been taught.
>>
>>651825
dis nigga in love with his teacher
>>
>>651845
IT guy seems chill brah, why you harshing his mellow?
>>
"Classics" in high school is a New Zealand thing, I had my first day too
>DUDE ALEXANDER THE GREAT LMAO
>HE WAS SO AWESOME AND DID SO MUCH SHIT
>BUT HE KILLED LOTS OF PEOPLE SO MAYBE HES BAD
>>
>>652584
Also to add, when my teacher asked if people knew anything about Alexander, only myself and one other person raised their hand
Keep in mind this is a 17-18 year old class
>>
>>651495
The best history teacher I had was female. Expert on some ultra-boring medieval peasant shit, but overall great.

Well I'll say she is actually tied with another teacher who is male.
>>
>>650850
Just because you read a wikipedia article doesnt mean you are smarter than them either.

Frankly, I believe there are quite a few more smartass kids than dumbass teachers
>>
Instead of starting a new thread, I'm just going to ask this here since this is sort of a college/university thread.

Is a Religious Studies major worth pursuing? I'm interested in studying religion, and I'm not afraid of spending my life in academia making a low income. It's just hearing "religious studies" brings to mind silly majors like Gender Studies, and I don't want to invest time and money into a silly and disrespected degree.
>>
>>651519
Wait you watched this in a high school or college class? I can't imagine a high school teacherbeing that irresponsible.
>>
File: 1444755799531.jpg (115KB, 660x854px) Image search: [Google]
1444755799531.jpg
115KB, 660x854px
I have a bad teacher story.

This was in Germany a few years ago.

>sit in classroom
>teacher walks in
>older professor usually happy but today he's got a stern look on his face
>start talking of ww1
>we pick up from last time but now he changes the story
>he actively promotes the idea that Germany was attacked by the french and russians
>oh ok, whatever sometimes you run into bullshit i guess
here comes the best part
>at the end of it he says the bolshevik jews backstabbed the german military and negotiated a peace with the allies against the protests of the people
>what the fuck not this this thing again
>i raise my hand and ask why our textbook says germany accepted defeat because it was blockaded from all import and that the country was essentially being starved to death by the british and italian marines
>the professor is dumbfounded
>it takes like 30 seconds for him to say "Yes, that too."
>class ends
>never see him again
>next day we get a new teacher
>>
>>651495
A lot of women add feelings, anachronisms, personal indignation, and study with an outright agenda. I'm sure some are fine, but I've yet to meet a single one
>>
>>651495
Actually the opposite is my experience, maybe because less women make it in the branch of academia I was in, the few female profs I had were all amazing, top tier.
>>
>>651504
what country calls this "education"?
>>
File: 1389223905002.jpg (21KB, 319x280px) Image search: [Google]
1389223905002.jpg
21KB, 319x280px
>>651504
>Crash Course is awesome.
jej
>>
>>651825
>a communist

Clearly she is shit
I worked it out in the first sentence of your post
>>
>>651825
>fought out some teenage girls who wanted to steal her wallet with an umbrella once.
Best teacher.
>>
File: 1447994239368.jpg (23KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1447994239368.jpg
23KB, 380x380px
>>651495
>Why are females always so shit?

FTFY
>>
>>653516
edgy
>>
>>653588
>hating communists is edgy

When did then world turn mad?
>>
>>653593
when pol was gassed
>>
>>653598
How do you gas something that isn't real?
>>
>>652423
What's he biased about?
>>
>>653593
People can have fucked up political and religioıus beliefs but still can be good scientists,historians or good people.

Regardless, discarding a post because you stopped reading when you read "le communist" is just American edgyness and cold war effect.
You can disagree, talk, debate with a communist teacher without hanging him or burning him at the stakes. I'm a far right myself this American fear and dominization is bothering me. Not only that you almost always have to say to everyone how you stopped reading because x/y/z was a commie/leftist as if you did something awesome. Literally SJW tier.

Thats just my opinion though.
>>
File: Circle kebabe.png (431KB, 824x792px) Image search: [Google]
Circle kebabe.png
431KB, 824x792px
>>653604
with anuse
>>
Crash Course sums up history into nice bite size chunks and explains them from a very unbiased view.
>>
>>653620
You're not far right if you don't hate commies you're some eurocuck who thinks because he doesn't like Muslims he's nazi tier. Fuck off faggot and go elect more women
>>
File: 1454691574148.png (47KB, 522x472px) Image search: [Google]
1454691574148.png
47KB, 522x472px
>second class of sociology
>professor shows this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM
>>
>tfw American who went to Britain for univerisity
>all the lecturers/professors are very fair, and some are openly conservative
>even the female one that does the gender studies/social history module/class is fair and open-minded to non-marxist historian viewpoints
>it's a university in London with (I'd say) a 50% muslim student body
I don't know if I just got lucky or if everyone else is whiny.
>>
>>652327
For high school? That's very specific.
>>
File: 1450183754954.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
1450183754954.gif
81KB, 182x249px
>>655939
It might be year related, which was the case with me.

We had
>Year 1: Pre-History and Antiquity
>Year 2: Late Antiquity, post-Roman Europe
>Year 3: Medieval Ages and Renaissance
>Year 4: Colonial times and French Revolution
>Year 5: Napoleon, Industrial Revolution and World War 1
>Year 6: World War 2, post-1880 colonialism, Cold War and European Union

Something like that, we had some overlap and each year we spent some time repeating what we'd seen the year before.
>>
>>650692
Are you in Highschool?
>>
>>655964
Are you European?
>>
>>655977
Yes. I'm guessing you're American then? I've never quite understood the classes system in high school there.
>>
>>655987
I remember having a world history course and an American history course. I certainly studied ancient history at one point or another, but I don't believe we had to take a history course every year and as far as I know it wasn't all part of one grand history course regiment going from the ancient to the modern. It's hard to remember though.

Did you have electives at your school like agricultural sciences or internal combustion engines?
>>
File: 1421730667668.jpg (34KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1421730667668.jpg
34KB, 240x240px
>>655964
That's the memiest gif I've seen in my life.
>>
File: 1412708107495.jpg (128KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
1412708107495.jpg
128KB, 400x398px
>>656016
>>
>>655964
You sound like you're dutch.
>>
>>656232
Belgian, actually. Close enough.
>>
>>651495
The best history prof I've had in college was a middle aged woman.
>>
>>656239
you'll be dutch soon enough then :^)
>>
File: 1454534130250.jpg (14KB, 804x446px) Image search: [Google]
1454534130250.jpg
14KB, 804x446px
>>656256
t. orangist
>>
>>651495
The worst teacher I've ever had was a female history teacher in high school. Disgustingly biased, arrogant and condescending towards pupils whose own personal opinions differed from hers.

But then again, she wore a Che Guevara t-shirt to class.
>>
>>655877
>Crash Course
>very unbiased view

It's actually really biased, poorly researched and downright revisionist.
>>
>>655913
>I don't know if I just got lucky or if everyone else is whiny

A bit of both. Also, for some reason the US education system attracts people who always have some kind of agenda. We are incapable of separating education from politics.
>>
>>650778
At least she acknowledged she was wrong. Sucks for the students though big time
>>
>>650692

I hate when a teacher shows a video of any kind. Why can't they just be badass orators.

Teachers are scum.
>>
>>650778

>history teacher says 'n stuff at the end of every sentence
>talks about NY Times font sizes and formatting on 9/11 for 48 minutes. FORTY EIGHT. I counted. Guess what guys they were the biggest the times had ever used. That alone really shows us how much 9/11 changed the course of history.
>Abbreviates all important nouns in lectures to three letters. Every section of the class had a different set we needed to memorize.
>Just projected prewritten notes on the whiteboard and was basically asleep at the wheel.
>dropped and wrote a letter to the dean
>>
>>656769
It's biggest problem is its format. They don't have time to give any detail and just gloss over lots of stuff.
Revisionism isn't bad, but Green only has time to go "You probably think X, but in fact Y. No time for supporting evidence, the infographic's almost done"
>>
File: 1263232606995-s350x345-151481.jpg (48KB, 350x345px) Image search: [Google]
1263232606995-s350x345-151481.jpg
48KB, 350x345px
>>658487
>Revisionism isn't bad
>>
File: 1282751466592.jpg (29KB, 414x500px) Image search: [Google]
1282751466592.jpg
29KB, 414x500px
>First history discussion of college career
>TA shows a John Green video
>>
>>651495
Best history teacher I ever had was female. She had a great ass and knew a shit ton of stories about European nobility being sloots and stealing babies
>>
>>651504
>guys look, Mongols lolololololol
>all historians that dont agree with me have Eurocentric ideologies. But look Mongols lolololololol
>war is bad guys, its totally IRRELEVANT, also look Mongols lolololololol
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.