[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alt Hist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 70

File: image.jpg (110KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 640x359px
What's your Alt.Hist wet dream?
>>
>>607030

Erwin Rommel get's captured on that idiot charge during Crusader and I don't have to hear people saying how amazing he was ever again, he'd just be some damp squib that is a brief footnote in military history.
>>
Cromwell finishing what he started.
>>
File: white army.jpg (269KB, 1406x815px) Image search: [Google]
white army.jpg
269KB, 1406x815px
White victory in the Russian Civil War
>>
The Aztecs discover the Old World in 1492 because agriculture and such developed at a similar rate on both landmasses and the Aztecs just happened to cross the Atlantic first. The European and North African powers cooperate to push them out. The USA never forms because North America is a unified state before Europeans can colonize it.
>>
>>607030

Modern day Byzantium
>>
the universal disgrace of Marxism as an ideology
>>
>>607030
Iberia reunified and conquering North Africa.
>>
>>607050
omg now i want this
>>
>>607059
this is pretty dope too
>>
>>607030
Honestly? Something something the crusader states weren't wiped out, something something the pope is given the land, bla bla bla Holy land under Papal administration as well as Rome and the surrounding countryside.
>>
Alfred the great never exists and the great heathen army is victorious in Britannia. Norse culture becomes the norm in northern Europe and provides an enemy to Christianity through the middle ages, possibly eradicating it fully.

that and Ceaser never dies and successfully annexes Parthia, bringing culture and influence much further east.
>>
>>607059

>Iberia was ever united
>touching sandniggers outside of Ceuta

Please kill yourself
>>
>>607030
Christianity never spread, Modern US is Zoroastrian with Native American symbolism.
>>
>>607074
it was during Phillip II's kingdom.
also you forgot melilla and the portuguese conquered TONS of small towns in the moroccoan coast including tangier
>>
>>607074
>Iberia was indeed united
>Same process as Ceuta and Melilla for all North Africa

Please learn some history and stfu
>>
File: Big_Mouth_Spring.jpg (1010KB, 2646x3531px) Image search: [Google]
Big_Mouth_Spring.jpg
1010KB, 2646x3531px
>>607080
We ain't Persians, our identity shares ancient connections with Ilam and Susa.

t. Cheyenne
>>
>>607061
>Who is Philip II
>>
>>607061
crusader kings 2 sunset invasion DLC convert to EU4 and have fun
>>
>>607122
why are you replying to me
>>
File: 1450830024043.jpg (267KB, 708x826px) Image search: [Google]
1450830024043.jpg
267KB, 708x826px
>>607069
>Caesar never dies
We get headlines like this into the present day

Honestly, who needs alternate history scenarios when you can construct amusing narratives about real events?
>>
File: 1385757943224.jpg (190KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
1385757943224.jpg
190KB, 1067x800px
>>607080
>>
>>607030
George washington never gets the prussian colonel over to the us, his army doesn't get the training they need, he loses to the brits and the continental congress is hanged for the traitors that they are... BOOM no USA, no SJW's, germany wins world war one, because the US never gets to be a superpower, no nazism and another couple of centuries of european world domination... ggwp, I just fixed all our problems
>>
>>607030

>The Ottomans join the Allies rather than the Axis powers in WWI
>They go on to crush the Saudis and establish control over the entire Arab peninsula
>Anatolia doesn't lose its Armenian and Greek communities, and the CUP moves away from its nationalist policies after pressure from its Christian allies, establishing a pluralistic decentralised system in the empire
>Major infrastructure spending becomes possible with access to enormous oil deposits
>The Constantinople-based Caliphate espouses a mild interpretation of Islam that becomes accepted as orthodoxy in the Muslim world
>The Ottomans allow Jews to settle in the Holy Land en masse but don't give them their own state - just an autonomous, self-governing region of their own
>The Middle East doesn't degenerate into the disgusting post-Sykes-Picot cesspool that it is today
>Everything went better than expected.jpg
>>
>hitler dies in prison
>weimar survives
>commies get btfo in the mid 30's
>>
File: 1437955559807.jpg (189KB, 888x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1437955559807.jpg
189KB, 888x1120px
>>607140
super tempted to go for this, but also fuck Europe then and now
>>
>>607140
>washington loses

I think England+US would have just steamrolled the globe in the late 19th century.
>>
>>607147
>>>/syria/
>>>/iraq/
>>>/the oven/
>>
>>607151
Still better than the degeneraxy the others gave us...
>>
>>607143
>weimar survives
>commies get btfo

chose one, and only one
>>
>>607163
Your understanding of history is seriously lacking anon. Without an opposing Germany right in its middle, Europe was more than willing to go against the gommies
>>
File: 1357523430001.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1357523430001.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
Axumites holding on to Yemen and remaining a naval power

Mohammed acknowledging Christ's divinity and simply being another prophet

Novgorod Republic overtaking Muscovy

Mexico being conquered by the French and creating the best fusion cuisine in the world

the USA never importing slaves

Quechua nationalists reviving the Inca state and making it a gunpowder empire with the help of the Portuguese

Mensheviks putting down the Bolsheviks

Fidel Castro being best bros with the USA
>>
>>607169
>Mexico being conquered by the French and creating the best fusion cuisine in the world
Kekking hard

>Mensheviks putting down the Bolsheviks
Why not have Republican Whites win from the get go?
>>
>>607176

>Why not have Republican Whites win from the get go?

Sure, why not.

Though I just realized the revolution probably wouldn't have to happen anyways if Novgorod overtook Muscovy and made Russia into a Republican state.
>>
File: Mussolini punch 01.jpg (125KB, 490x653px) Image search: [Google]
Mussolini punch 01.jpg
125KB, 490x653px
>>607030
Italo-German War.
>>
File: megafauna.jpg (377KB, 1024x647px) Image search: [Google]
megafauna.jpg
377KB, 1024x647px
Humans learned to not over-hunt, and all the megafauna survived to the present day. I fap to this scenario regularly.
>>
Publius Claudius Pulcher (d 249 BC/246 BC) (of the Claudii family) was a Roman general. His father was Gaius Claudius Centho. He was the brother of the famous Roman politician Appius Claudius Caudex (consul in 264 BC). He was the first of the Claudii to be given the cognomen "Pulcher" ("handsome").

He was curule aedile in 253 BC and consul in 249. As consul he was given command of the Roman fleet during the First Punic War. He lost the Battle of Drepana against the Carthaginians after ignoring a bad omen when the sacred chickens refused to eat. According to Valerius Maximus, Suetonius[1] and Cicero, Claudius threw them into the sea, ut biberent, quando esse nollent ("so that they might drink, since they refused to eat"). He was recalled to Rome and ordered to appoint a dictator; his nomination of his subordinate Marcus Claudius Glicia was overruled. He was tried for incompetence and impiety and was fined, and died soon afterwards, possibly by suicide.
>>
>>607030
Miguel da Paz survives, Mathias Corvinus has a legitimate heir or Maria Theresa is born a guy.
>>
The Roman general Barbatio's campaign with Julian was pretty kek-worthy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbatio

In 357, Julian's second year as Caesar, plans were laid for an offensive against the Alamanni, the most dangerous of the enemy tribes. It was intended that two armies, the first commanded by Julian and the second by Barbatio, would advance in a classic Roman tactic known as a forceps or forfex, forming diverging wings, embracing and destroying the enemy.[3] Julian then marched from his camp in Sens to Reims, while Barbatio moved north with 25,000 troops from Italy to Raetia. While these moves were underway another German tribe, the Laeti, passed between both armies and attacked Lyons.[4] Julian sent three elite cavalry squadrons to intercept them, attacking and killing a large number as they returned from the raid loaded with booty. The survivors fled past Barbatio's camp unchallenged. The commander excused himself to the Emperor by blaming others for his neglect of duty.[5]

Still later, Julian asked Barbatio for some boats to form a pontoon bridge over the Rhine to pursue another enemy tribe. Barbatio simply had the boats burned.[6] Supplies intended for Julian's army were also destroyed. Eventually the planned pincer movement was frustrated when Barbatio, in the words of Ammianus, "…as if he had ended the campaign successfully, distributed his soldiers in winter quarters and returned to the Emperor's court to frame some charges against Caesar, as was his custom."[7] His departure left Julian open to attack, but against all expectations he defeated the Alemanni at the Battle of Strasbourg. Constantius, in distant Milan, immediately claimed the victory as his own.
>>
>>607169
All of this. Wouldn't even have to have Byzantium survive to the modern day if Islam simply turns into another form of Christianity, since their communities would survive no problem. 10/10 alt imo.
>>
>>607185
the problem wasn't just overhunt but okay
>>
>>607209
still, i wanna ride a mammoth.
>>
>>607215
it easier to just have human migration to the americas never happen
>>
That the US annexed Cuba after the Spanish-American war.
>>
>>607030
Germany... wiped clean from the map
>>
>>607030
German colonization of Texas. Texas becomes an independent state during its revolution, German settlers eventually supplant US anglo settlers. Texas remains mostly independent with German empire backing from Adelsverein. After a second war against Santa Ana, more land is taken from Mexico, mostly stuff that would've went to the US and parts of current day northern Mexico. End result is a massive, German sympathetic state in the middle of the new world.

Assuming the Civil War continued on as it did (Probably with slightly worse results since one less state to back them), the Great War would eventually come along, the US would probably not intervene due to the threat of reprisal from the new country to the south of their borders. Great War turns into a stalemate without the US to completely seal the deal, no harsh terms placed on Germany/Austria. Alternatively, the US does enter the war, and another front opens up between the US and the Adelsverein. More bloodshed happens.

WW2 never fires because the deal Germany gets isn't harsh enough to incite radicalism. Enter in a three way cold war between the German empire, a Franco-Anglo alliance, and a Russian wildcard.

Japan conquers a good chunk of mainland China due to no one intervening.
>>
Germany... wiping clean the whole world.
>>
Germany picks Russia over Austria-Hungary
Europe is saved from the French.
>>
>>607229
what about hawaii? never colonized by the british, then? if japanese invade anyone else's soil, that someone else will fight back and enter a war with them
>>
Japan declares war ONLY on the Dutch East Indies (for the oil) and finishes the war with China without getting involved with the Americans or the British.
Then Imperial Japan becomes a valued ally of the west during the cold war.
>>
Mongols are unified for another generation and Europe gets the same treatment as the middle east and china
>>
>>607229
Thats a whole lot of ifs bud
>>
>>607240
>implying the Brits and yanks would let them take NEI
>implying the US didn't starve them of oil because of their war in China
>>
Hitler being aborted.
>>
>>607241
Can mongols succeed on Western European terrain?
>>
>>607229
>implying German Texas would be able to withstand American invasion
>implying America wouldn't fuck them over for oil
>>
>>607036

Completely implausible.
>>
>>607074
>Implying Iberia was unified
What were the Visigoths?
>>
>>607142
I like this alternate history. Much more stable.
>>
>>607048
Sternberg victory in the Russian Civil War would be even more amusing.
>>
File: political-map-of-Europe-fixd.gif (602KB, 1412x997px) Image search: [Google]
political-map-of-Europe-fixd.gif
602KB, 1412x997px
>>607225

wat do
>>
File: European_plain.png (579KB, 800x651px) Image search: [Google]
European_plain.png
579KB, 800x651px
>>607250
They did fine in eastern and central Europe, if they can cross the Euphrates they can cross the Rhine.
>>
>>607030
The Byzantines and the Sassanians never go to war, the muzzies get stopped in their tracks when trying to leave the peninsula

Charlememe never forms the HRE and the Catholic church falls to a cathar-like movement by the 11th century

St. Patrick dies in his boat before reaching ireland. The Slavs and Finns never get holy order'd and the Scandis didn't convert.

Iberia is unified under one flag and colonizes south america and asia according to it's historical borders. The Incas survive colonization and meme up everything west of the andes. The based argentinian natives never get genocided

The Mongols still meme half the world but realize massacring everything isn't the right way. The continental Asians are free to keep being based undisturbed by Europeans. Guinea gets independent civilizations going on.

Albion remain a backwards nation of inbreds forever and ever
>>
File: q35FfV2.jpg (116KB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
q35FfV2.jpg
116KB, 1334x1000px
>>607048

>>607058

>>607055

All these

>>607140
So much this, I'd be sitting pretty in Louisiana

speaking French like my ancestors who first settled there in 1699.

No civil war to wreck the wreck the families fortune either.

Life would be good
>>
>>607271

>No civil war to wreck the wreck the families fortune either.

Without a strong unified state your ancestors would've probably died in a slave revolt like that in Haiti.
>>
>>607140
>"no SJW's"
First of all, there is no apostrophe. Second of all, the Frankfurt school is from Germany, not the US.

>"Germany wins WWI"
>Implying there would even be a WWI without the American Revolution triggering the French Revolution eventually causing Napoleon to destroy the HRE
Not to mention that Germany would stand no chance against an even larger British Empire and a France where the decades of inept policy since the French Revolution did not take place.

>no nazism
Because colonial policy of raping the shit out of the Americas until there is nothing left would have been more beneficial?

>another couple of centuries of european world domination
Possibly
>>
>>607036
Why is there so much hate for Rommel? I can think of other generals that have been absolutely lionized to the max, but Rommel just seems like a decent general, with a decent reputation to match. Why aren't you bitching about Alexander being so adored?
>>
>>607151
Imply another century or two of the Pax Britannica wouldn't have been a great thing.
>>
Simon Bolivar's dream of a Gran Columbia is realized and stays stable.

Mexico takes over most of central America and doesn't fall into civil wars.

I really just want to see a stable Latin America, it always makes me sad to see how far they've fallen, when they started out on the same level as us.
>>
>>607286
I mean, the Pax Americana is pretty much a continuation of it already.
>>
>>607286
>Pax Britannica
The brits where too much of a dick to not actively step in everybody's toes

>>607287
it was really far fetched m8. South America was liberated by a bunch of freemasons led by a madman.

But the dream remains. The Hermandad Latina is unperishable
>>
>>607277
Maybe not considering my family were split between French, and French Creoles, both owned slaves but the Creole side would potentially be able to survive a slave revolt and flourish as the leadership, just like the mixed did in hati
>>
>>607287

>I really just want to see a stable Latin America

then you should wish for a protestant Latin America. Imagine if the English or even the Dutch had taken over it instead. Mexico would be a superpower by now.
>>
>>607270
>St. Patrick dies in his boat before reaching ireland. The Slavs and Finns never get holy order'd and the Scandis didn't convert.
they would've just sent another missionaire lol
>>
>>607301
yes this is why italy, spain and portugal are famous for their instability
>>
>>607266

fixd
>>
Russian revolution starts 1914 instead of 1917.
Austria manages to go to war and win against Serbia. Then all the Empires support the Whites.
European status quo maintained for another decade or two.
>>
>>607294
Yeah, I know it's far-fetched, I just really want to see them not be shit-tier, maybe make a nice, stable New World to laugh at the Euros and Asians from together.

Also, something that would probably help: Paraguay isn't a dumbass and doesn't start the war of the triple alliance.
>>
File: 1d7.jpg (850KB, 1832x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1d7.jpg
850KB, 1832x1754px
>confederacy wins
>>
>>607293
I actually totally agree. Also it's objectively better for nearly everyone involved.
>>
>>607293
>Pax Americana
>Entire Middle East is at war
>Europe on life support
>Russia and China saber rattling
>Fascism rising from the grave
>>
>>607282

Because Alexander actually won battles and conquered territory.

Rommel is the memest of meme generals. Even the campaign he's most famous for, the 1941-1942 desert war, was hardly a show of superior generalship. He successfully implemented tactics that other people came up with, and then squandered it on a complete lack of strategy in mounting offensives that he didn't have the logistical ability to sustain. He ignored orders to perpetuate his failure, and when it inevitably blew up in his face, he blamed everyone around him. He did well at Gazala, sure, but he had his share of easy wins against nothing forces (Sonnenblume), imbecilic blunders (1st Tobruk), and battles where he just got outmaneuvered (Crusader, 2nd Alamein).

He's not a good general. I'm not even sure he's an average general. But everyone treats him like some sort of transcendent military genius. In part, it's because of a second, completely undeserved reputation, that of being free of the Nazi taint, which involves deliberately ignoring all the times he volunteered for Hitler's bodyguard duty, or how he would constantly try to win arguments with his superiors in the Heer by appealing to Der Fuhrer.

I can't speak about others, but those are my reasons.
>>
>>607030
sup Kevin
>>
>>607301
I can certainly see how that could be possible. Say maybe the English decided to expand their holdings in Belize and take over Mexico. That would probably take care of Central America at least.
I can't see South America getting many protestant colonizers, though. Spain and Portugal are just way too close to not monopolize it.
>>
>>607322

We've not yet shed the husk of the Republic to into full Empire. But our version of the Marian Reforms have already taken place, and it's only a matter of time before we literally conquer the known world.
>>
>>607306
missionaries weren't really a thing back then

the rise of catharism would prevent further proseletizing
>>
>>607316

>CSA proceeds to conquer the Golden Circle
>Anglican elite converts to Catholicism to make conquests easier
>becomes Brazil 2.0 after slavery is abolished in favor of far more effective free labor
>>
>>607340
conquer colombia you sons of bitches
>>
>>607322
>Pax Brittanica
>Entire Latin America is at war.
>China, Russia, and Ottomans on life support
>France and Germany saber rattling
>Communism & anarchism on the rise
Most of the so called "global peaces" weren't really all that peaceful, just filled with small scale conflicts and proxy wars instead of Global slug matches.
>>
File: deseret.png (22KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
deseret.png
22KB, 250x242px
Deseret came to be
>>
>>607340

But where do they get their navy?
>>
>>607351
Faggot shit
>>
Ones that I like to think about, if only for the thought experiment:

>Carthage wins the Punic wars, becomes preeminent Mediterranean power
>New World is not conquered, I'd like to see the development of Incan, Aztec, and North American cultures over the course of like 500 years.
>Muslim Conquest is halted, Persia remains Zoroastrian, Central Asia pagan, Afghanistan Buddhist, etc.
>Survival to some extent of European Paganism
>China without Confucius
>CSA wins independence (I don't like slavery I'd just like to see how things played out with the US in half)
>Mexico stays big
>France Retains Louisiana

and if I had to choose one
>WWI never happens
>>
>>607352
i'm sure they can find a way with those mexican generals
>>
>>607340
Nice dream, but pretty much impossible.
I like my alternate history where it's just one event changed, and speculation from there.
>>
>>607355
>>China without Confucius
this has massive repercussions, even in the west
>>
>>607352

Probably just purchase it from Britain like they did during the Civil War
>>
>>607355
>CSA wins independence (I don't like slavery I'd just like to see how things played out with the US in half)
It would probably suck desu. The US and the CSA would probably both balkanize and start being eaten up by European powers.
>>
>>607355
>China without Confucius

pls
>>
>>607361
I know, I recently took a course on pre-modern Chinese history and seeing how profoundly Confucianism shaped their society and policies was crazy. It would be a whole different world if they had followed some other philosophy, or not allowed one to become so dominant.
>>
>>607080
>Christianity never spreads yet the US is still founded despite the mountain of butterfly flaps
>>
>>607378
One nation, under the sun god, with fire temples and incest for all.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 1540x545px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 1540x545px
Alexander Severus crushes Sassanid Persia after given the option despite royally fucking up the first invasion. Maybe the crisis of the 3rd century would never have happened, or the wasted time and money and lives between fighting the Persians.

That or Commodus being smothered by Marcus Aurelius, perhaps leading a longer lasting Antonine dynasty, snuffing out the shit caused as a result ( and the resulting Severan Dynasty)
>>
Alexander not dying and starting his campaign in the western Mediterranean.
Goddamn, what would happen? Would he take on Carthage first? Acquire Magna Graecia? Would Rome or Etruria have a ghost of a chance at surviving?
>>
>>607394
wait, what makes you think he would've gone west and not kept going east?
>>
>>607394

Very liekly the internal divisions that were already festering towards the end of his life meant he would have to spend a lot, if not all of his time, suppressing rebellions. I give it even odds as to whether Macedon or Greece goes up in flames first.
>>
>>607371
Not the person you're responding to, I know very little about oriental history before the ww2

What importance did confucius have on China that was so crucial?
>>
>>607398
When he was back in Babylon he drew up plans to invade the Arabian peninsula, and I imagine he would continue westwards from there, at least to unify the rest of the Hellenic world.
I don't think he would go back east again, especially after realizing how big India is and how powerful the Mauryan Empire was at the time.
>>
>>607398
Well he died on his way back west from India after his soldiers refused to go any farther east. Granted, it's not impossible that he may have wanted to keep going later, but I think he would more likely go west.
>>
>>607411
The entire Chinese social and inter-family ideology is under the umbrella-term Confucianism to this day, and for good reason
>>
>>607410
Possibly, but hey it took what, almost 30 years for his empire to split after his death? I could see him getting a lot more done if he had the extra time.
>>
File: 1445981181.jpg (33KB, 355x236px) Image search: [Google]
1445981181.jpg
33KB, 355x236px
>>607322
>Europe on life support
>mfw people actually believe this
>>
China begins the age of discovery
>>
Pneumatic mail systems sustain their explosive growth through the whole 20th century, that's all
>>
>>607442
>They make great advancements in pneumatic mail in terms of speed and vacuum power
>Almost instantaneous communication via tubes across the entire globe
>An a massive interconnected network of networks of mail tubes
>Called "internet"
I fucking love it anon.
>>
>>607335
It is true that America is literally undefeated right now. The worst that can happen is her expeditions fail.
>>
>>607441
East Asians colonizing the pacific coast is an incredibly interesting idea.
>>
File: pompey.jpg (60KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
pompey.jpg
60KB, 480x640px
>>607069
Caesar dismantles his army

Pompey becomes the first Roman emperor
>>
>>607411
Confucian values are similar to what Christian values are to the U.S/West except they never really went out of style and his influence was way way stronger.
>>
A world where the West, along with Christianity were never corrupted by self serving "outside people's" chosen to torment us evermore
>>
>His authority quickly and quietly accepted by all classes, the new ruler governed the city with a stern justice which was in marked contrast to the recent reign of license and disorder. In great state the tribune moved through the streets of Rome, being received at St Peter's with the hymn Veni Creator spiritus, while in a letter the poet Petrarch urged him to continue his great and noble work, and congratulated him on his past achievements, calling him the new Camillus, Brutus and Romulus. All the nobles submitted, though with great reluctance; the roads were cleared of robbers; tranquillity was restored at home; some severe examples of justice intimidated offenders; and the tribune was regarded by all the people as the destined restorer of Rome and Italy.

>In July in a sonorous decree he proclaimed the sovereignty of the Roman people over the empire, but before this he had set to work upon his task of restoring the authority of Rome over the cities and provinces of Italy, of making the city again caput mundi. He wrote letters to the cities of Italy, asking them to send representatives to an assembly which would meet on 1 August, when the formation of a great federation under the headship of Rome would be considered. On the appointed day a number of representatives appeared, and after some elaborate and fantastic ceremonials Cola, as dictator, issued an edict citing Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor and his rival Charles, afterwards Charles IV, Holy Roman Emperor, and also the imperial electors and all others concerned in the dispute, to appear before him in order that he might pronounce judgment in the case.

Romaboo realizes his dream IRL.
>>
>No Abraham
>>
File: mongol envisioning rape.jpg (27KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
mongol envisioning rape.jpg
27KB, 600x325px
>Mongols are met by Jesuits en masse
>they decide to convert to Christianity
>Mongols declare allegiance to the pope and Christianize Asia and Persia
>Mongols take an active role in the Crusades and help defeat the Muslims
>Middle East effectively re-Christianized
>Some Mongols become saints and shit
>With the blessing of the pope, the Mongols continue to rule China
>Zheng He isn't defunded
>Mongols discover California
>RIP Californian natives
And 900 years later, your son will be attending Saint Ogedei's Boys Academy, praying to Saints Subutai and Jochi for blessings in mandatory horse-archery class.

God Bless Mongolia.
>>
>>607030
no internet.
>>
>>607541
THAT'S A HORRIBLE FUTURE
>>
>>607529
Zheng He was travelling known routes as a show of force. It is highly unlikely that China was anywhere close to discovering the New World at that time; they had no reason. They were the center of the Asian world with no contest. Pretty okay otherwise.
>>
>argentina continues its growth and becomes 1st world

I just want a Patagonia that isn't a shithole.
>>
>>607411
The Confucian system formed the basis of their entire social system and systems of Governance. It's an incredibly conservative ideology that is based on unity and maintenance of order, promotes a class of scholar-officials, and promotes agriculture as the primary source of a nation's wealth. One majorly influential component of it is that it frowns upon merchants and mercantile enterprises as motivated by greed and thus makes them very low socially. This had a profound effect on their foreign policy and on the development of industry that had massive repercussions.
>>
>>607048
Top tier fap material.
>>
>>607541
THAT'S A HORRIBLE FUTURE
>>
>>607550
>>607575
I don't know, I would like to see how the world would develop without the internet. It has had such a vast impact on our lives in such a short period of time, it would be interesting if some new avenue would have opened up had it not been invented.
>>
ww1 the germans win against the french, turn around destroy the russians, prop up the romanov monarchy as they turn into a modern britain like monarchy after promising reform after reform. the Ottomans regain the balkans, re-assert authority over the middle east, german kulturekampf grows.
>>
>>607241
Worked alright before, even without the preposterous roflstomp that was the mongol military
>>
>>607596 This to this >>607250
>>
>>607351
>Deseret
>In Colorado
REMOVE
>>
File: 12.png (231KB, 1768x1008px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
231KB, 1768x1008px
Balkanized NA desu senpai.
>>
>>607378
This is my daydream, leave me alone.
>>
I think someone already said this, but I'am always having a soft side of The Roman Empire never ceasing to exist and continue to exist up to now in the modern day era. How'd that turn out?
>>
File: 1427546919680.jpg (139KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1427546919680.jpg
139KB, 600x600px
>>607688
>CSA in southern Illinois/Indiana/Ohio
>>
File: 1451042402258.gif (966KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1451042402258.gif
966KB, 500x391px
Hitler winning
>>
>>607722

Why would you want a baking, irradiated Europe?
>>
File: 1425602250181.jpg (25KB, 400x624px) Image search: [Google]
1425602250181.jpg
25KB, 400x624px
>>607720
Michigan here.

People literally fly the CSA flag in the boonies and countryside in fucking Michigan.

Ohio is full of Neo-Confederates (not to mention it's the heartland of the Klan these days), and Southern Indiana and Illinois are just as bad.

Large chunks of the Midwest, particularly the lower Midwest, are fairly pro-South.
>>
>>607732
I live in Southern Indiana and I have never seen anyone with a CSA flag. Of course, I live right next to Louisville rather than bumfuck hicktown like Evansville.
>>
Christianity and Islam are never founded, the world keeps most of its native religions but with some Buddhist influence, similar to Japan or Mongolia in our world.
>>
>>607730
>implying that would happen
I would want a quite unpopulated prairie instead of moscow
>>
>>607739
>native religions
Unlike Christianity, which came from space
>>
>>607739
The whole world is Christian
The whole world is Muslim
The whole world is Buddhist

The whole world is Zoroastrian
>>
>>607142
God hated all of his children for some reason and that is why he did not grant us this the turmoil of the Middle East and all its problems that come with it are punishment for something
>>
>>607746
Zoroastrian isn't a proselytizing faith. Buddhism is but it tends to mix more with native religion rather than wiping it out almost completely like Christianity or Islam.
>>
>>607688
LA and Portland are so far off
>>
File: 1449180983305.jpg (217KB, 1125x675px) Image search: [Google]
1449180983305.jpg
217KB, 1125x675px
Jeremy Corbyn maintains his leadership through the 2016 EU reforms and goes on to win the 2020 general election.
>>
>>607756
Meh, it's not even my map, I just think it captures the different "Mega-Regions" within the US pretty well.
>>
>>607688
Why is Cascadia's capital Portland and not Seattle? Why does Florida have no capital?
>>
File: regions2.png (58KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
regions2.png
58KB, 1513x983px
>>607760
This is better
>>
>>607742

>Implying it wouldn't.
>Implying Germany has means to strike at the UK, let alone the U.S.
>Implying they weren't getting their heads handed to them in the air war from '43 onwards
>Implying the U.S. wouldn't have used the nukes on Germany instead of Japan if Germany defeated Russia.

The way that Nazi Germany "wins" is to break the USSR and then endure attacks from England and the U.S. while maintaining fortress Europe. Nukes would definitely come into play, and you can bet a lot of Germany is all glowy in that situation.
>>
Successful Taiping Rebellion and modern-day Heavenly Kingdom/Manchu/Han successor states.
>>
File: hqdefault[3].jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[3].jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>607030
Al Gore defeats George W Bush, prevents 9/11 attacks, US invasion of Iraq never takes place.
>>
>>607771
It bothers me to think of how much 9/11 has affected the world in nearly every facet
>>
Carthage wins Punic wars
>>
>>607282
Rommel wasn't a bad general, but he became famous for whooping the Brits because their commanding officer was shite.

If you want a good general look up Erich Von Manstein. He like other generals was a bit full of himself (in his memoir he blamed Hitler for everything, but it was written after the war so he probably had to if he wanted people to read it)

But he was actually a really good general that has unfortunately gone unnoticed. Hell, he along side Guderian were the ones who planned to use the Ardenne forest to be the focus of the mechanized units
>>
>>607771
>>607791
It was a huge loss of innocence moment for the US

/r/ing that countryball comic where the US is predicting that the 2000's will be great with the Twin Towers in the BG.
>>
>>607030
Abo Australians develop modern agriculture and properly conquer oz instead of being buttfucked by Columbus.
>>
brits out of north america completely

devolved powers of tsars in a natural process begun by alexander II

no united italy
>>
>>607806
replace australians with americans and i'm in
>>
>>607732
That's because the divide that brought the first civil war is no longer concentrated in a north-south geographic region but in a rural-urban divide. I believe things would run so much better if large urban centers had their own isolated administrations separate from that of the countryside. The desires of the two populations are wildly different from each other, yet neither stands without the other.

Instead of shackling the two together and creating a schism, it would be far better to simply allow the two to make their own choices.
>>
>>607808
really I don't know how much of an impact Italy's unification had on the world

no united Germany on the other hand
>>
Not really a history I would want, but I wonder what would have happened if my Grandfather had been ordered to push the button in 1962.
>>
Adolf Hitler accepted in art school
>>
>>607832

a slightly more prosperous ethiopia

süd tyrol in rightful hands
>>
File: USA sky.jpg (82KB, 960x938px) Image search: [Google]
USA sky.jpg
82KB, 960x938px
>>607030
>Slaves resettled to Liberia
>USA annexes Cuba
>US never gets into WWI
>Remain a fairly strong regional power but leave Europe to herself

It could've been so great, lads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U40OIESDwlU
>>
>>607891

this is the one you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siHfQGn3JTs
>>
>>607185
Just imagine for a sec...
>Mammoth riding eskimos
That would have been awesome. Damn proto-aleutians for killing them off.
>>
>>607875

that is, without a unified Italy these eventualities exist
>>
>>607030
Phoenicia conquers greece. Rome never happens. Abrahamic religions never take hold while canaanite paganism spreads and yurop ends up like africa.
>>
The USSR never dissolves, the Cold War goes on.
>>
File: guderian.jpg (364KB, 1247x858px) Image search: [Google]
guderian.jpg
364KB, 1247x858px
>>607796
quality post
>>
Library of Alexandria not burning down
>>
>>607069
The Norse converted on their own, why wouldn't a Norse dominated Britain do the same.

Besides your best scenario is they remain pagan until the late 1000s when Crusades start up and the Pope sanctions a French led coalition of Crusaders to purge Britain.
>>
>>607061
>>607129
you sound like you're from tumblr
>>
>>608137
>literal baby sacrificing pagans
>good
>>
>>608302

You sniff donkey's bumholes
>>
File: Greater_austria.png (45KB, 1500x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Greater_austria.png
45KB, 1500x1280px
Austria-Hungary survives with Ferdinand's wise leadership as a confederation of states. National sentiment is held at bay.
>>
>>608323
P R I S O N
O F
N A T I O N S
>>
>>608328
Yeah we totally had it better with fascist regimes and killing each other :)
>>
>>607030

Forms of mass/instant communication beyond newspapers are not invented.

Extremely easily accessible entertainment does not get invented.

As for actual alt. history:
>Japan supports Nationalists in Chinese Civil War, makes a Nationalist China semi-puppet state, Japan and China become good buddies and no Communists

>Muhammad is defeated in his first few battles and runs off in disgrace, seen only as a strange occultist and a bandit

>Ottomans win the Siege of Malta, take over the island

>White Russians win the Civil War

Ultimate wet dream:
Imperial Germany's plan works, they break through and win WW1 within a few months of the outbreak, avoiding the bloodshed, incredible cost, ideologicaly changes and favors to be owed to various colonies
>status quo is maintained in Europe, with Germany content to take a few of France's colonies in Vietnam for rubber purposes
>European industry and power remains intact, none of the ideological development towards pacifism and hugs-and-kisses happens, the League of Nations never even gets proposed, Russia remains stable and non-Communist, Ottomans remain intact instead of breaking into a being partitioned into a bunch of angry little Arab states, the Balfour Declaration isn't needed, European nations still have the proper resources to devote to their colonies, world at peace :^)
>>
>>607140
That's not how history works, retard.
>>
>Florentine republic somehow survives Medici return in 1513, papacy United to Florence and Pisa, borrowed Spanish troops help cement papal authority in the region. Italy eventually becomes United in a glorious Machiavelli wet dream of a republic. Member states of United Italy finally realise standing armies are better than Shit mercenaries, bully the papacy out of power, making way for a republican Italy not controlled by the papacy.
>white Russians win
>United slavs ;^)
>>
>Cromwell wins the civil war but his base is tenuous and he has to rely on radical elements within the army to retain power.
>he is forced to introduce democracy, but it is limited, and he gives the lord protector the King's executive powers but balances this against parliament and their legislative powers.
>he calls elections, but while all parliamentary seats are up for grabs as is the office of lord protector, suffrage is limited to male (and maybe female) landowners (or level of wealth).
>Cromwell wins the lord protectorship but his base is tenuous, and support in the commons is tenuous. The lords has been abolished and the second chamber is also elected on basis of one member per county.
>to sustain his popularity amongst the burghers and those landowners who have invested in overseas trade, Cromwell wages war against traditional trading rivals.
>the upshot is the the free and austrian Netherlands are incorporated into the commonwealth. A constitutional means to absord territory on a semi detached, federal basis is devised, and the relationship between parliament and the constituent territories is set down (federalism)
>this paves the way for a federal, global commonwealth which incorporates states and territories like the US did and balances local rule for local issues with federal rule for commonwealth wide issues
>in due course Catholic emancipation happens, the expansion of suffrage happens, the industrial revolution happens, nationalism is incorporated due to federalism.
>The only potential breaking point is slavery. The north is basically the industrial core in Europe and northern states, the south is the Caribbean plus southern states. North wins.
>>
>>607732
>People literally fly the CSA flag in the boonies and countryside in fucking Michigan
Yeah maybe in fucking White Cloud but most of Michigan is pretty tame. Armchair racists at best
>>
File: 1448175647229.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448175647229.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>607688
>Great Lakes Federation
>flag is a map of Michigan
>>
Balkanization of China, Russia and the US.
>>
>>607030
An ottoman empire at its 1682 borders which is modernised according to european standards together with a parlaiment and equal rights for all its subjects.
>>
>>608427
The women's suffrage movement is brutally crushed and they are put back into their place.
>>
>>608438
Doesn't have to be Ataturk gave women suffrage without them having to protest for it etc so there were people who were open to it in the 1900's
>>
>>607036

If you were any saltier I'd think you were the dead sea.
>>
>>607732
it is just the meme south, no true southerner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XquoxxcHmdc
>>
>>607183
>Benito kicking Adolf's ass in '34 over austrian independence

I want this
>>
File: Teutonic_state_1455.png (28KB, 823x668px) Image search: [Google]
Teutonic_state_1455.png
28KB, 823x668px
The Teutonic Order wins the battle of Grunwald and continues to expand into Russia, Poland and Lithuania. Eventually the order secularizes after the reformation and becomes the 'Kingdom of the Teutons', eventually becoming inherited by the Brandenburg Hohenzollerns, who go on to form Germany.

Germany is now a huge superstate in the 19th century, their infantry clad in Prussian Blue uniforms with Teutonic inspired picklehaubes bearing wacky elaborate ornamentation, stretching from the Rhine to the Dnieper.
>>
Karl XII conquers Russia, killing Peter the Great and taking all of Russia for Sweden.
>>
Option 1: The Persians never fall to the Muslims, and Zoroastrianism (on a large scale) survives into the middle ages.

Option 2: Alexander conquers the Levant and defeats the Achamenid army, but turns West and takes Italy, the southern bay of France, Catalonia, and Valencia. He then focuses on governing his land (and gets a male heir)

Option 3: Julian the Apostate reforms Roman Paganism into a strong rival to Christianity, and survives long enough to make it at least Christianity's equal in influence.
>>
Alexander the Great is killed at the battle of Chaeronea and Phillip is assassinated as normal.

God knows what'd happen.
>>
Timur doesn't launch his campaign against Ming during winter only to die from sickness over Ming insults. Instead he waits for spring like every fucking other campaign he waged and roflstomps the Chinese.
>>
>>608703
PYRRHUS
Y
R
R
H
U
S
>>
File: 1426368012352.png (194KB, 601x590px) Image search: [Google]
1426368012352.png
194KB, 601x590px
Napoleon doesn't fight with Spain
Napoleon finish Portugal
Russia doesn't try to fuck us over, btfo Turks instead
UK collapse silently, and no one miss it
>>
England and France join together and dominate the world and then the Galaxy. The Germans are the slaves.
>>
>>607263
Didnt that guy want to restart the Mongolian empire?
>>
>>607688
>Des Moines
>Not the Twin cities
kek
>>
Antiochus the Great defeats Rome and conquers europe.
>>
>>607340
>CSA turning Catholic

You realize historically Southerners hated the shit out of Catholics.

>>607394
It's pretty clear Alexander's empire was falling apart before his death.

Meanwhile:
>The US backs Ho Chi Minh over France
>The US doesn'treinstall the Shah of Iran
>The US drops the Saudis like a sack of bricks
>>
Mithradites bends Sula over a table and fists him, marches on Rome slaps Marius about and frees the world from Roman tyranny.
>>
Nationalist victory in Chinese Civil War
>>
>>607411
without confucius there would be no adam smith
>>
Denmark doesn't just give Norway all out Oil. See how Rich those mountain coons are today? Could have been us, on top of having all this other shit going for us. The sheer gloriousness of it.
>>
File: The_Pink_Map.jpg (30KB, 584x370px) Image search: [Google]
The_Pink_Map.jpg
30KB, 584x370px
>>607030
I cry everytime
>>
>>608361
>he is forced to introduce democracy
He tried to form a functioning parliament. Twice. It just didn't work. The MPs were either ridiculously corrupt or just incapable of working with each other. In the end he just gave up and made himself Lord Protector.
>>
>>608849
Cape to Cairo, motherfucker
>>
>>608823

>You realize historically Southerners hated the shit out of Catholics.

They still do. But that doesn't mean they'd be above making a switch if it was a huge political convenience. The differences between the Episcopalian Church (which most Southern elites belonged to) and the Catholic Church were pretty slim back in the 19th century.
>>
>>608858

But you didnt even fulfilled that
>>
>>607433
Debate me.
>>
>>607055
>>607050

These two, also the Muslims never lost Spain. It is a fair trade for Byzantium. England doesn't lose the US and they are one with Canada, Latin never goes out of style, Trotsky won out against Stalin.
>>
>>607753
>like Christianity or Islam

Christianity is leagues above Islam in terms of syncretism.
>>
>>608904
>Muslims never lost Spain

It would've happened sooner or later. Sorry to burst your bubble.
>>
File: British Empire.jpg (42KB, 940x460px) Image search: [Google]
British Empire.jpg
42KB, 940x460px
That Britain somehow manages to Anschluss Ireland in the modern day and centralize the commonwealth into a single state with a single military.
>>
File: ng4524301.jpg (61KB, 419x297px) Image search: [Google]
ng4524301.jpg
61KB, 419x297px
>>608849
de espanha nem bons ventos nem bons casamentos, de inglaterra nem ajuda nem bem estar; obrigado, "greatest allies"

>on topic: napoleon wins at waterloo, the english capitulate and the coalition signs an unconditional surrendering
>>
>>608963
lol

>1,000,000 troops on the way to france
>lose one battle and all unconditionally surrender

m8888
>>
>>607030
US after the defeat of the Japanese Empire nukes Moscow, and declares itself the new empire of the world
>>
File: 1421704249754.gif (289KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1421704249754.gif
289KB, 1000x800px
>>608986
wet dreams are about making sense, they're about you orgasming in the end
>>
>>608946
>moçambique
no
>>
>>609024
tough shit its british now lad
>>
>>609031
no
>>
If they had strung up Lee and Jefferson in the center of Richmond like the traitor filth they were

one of the great injustices of American history is that the true instigators of the war were never brought to justice
>>
>>607529
Zheng He was one of them Muslamic types though.
>>
File: 1436815877145.png (269KB, 430x351px) Image search: [Google]
1436815877145.png
269KB, 430x351px
>>608825
This
>>
File: oswald mosley 1938.jpg (18KB, 344x480px) Image search: [Google]
oswald mosley 1938.jpg
18KB, 344x480px
Prime Minister
>>
File: 1416452070718.png (864KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1416452070718.png
864KB, 1400x1000px
>>609171
>>
>>607766
Western North Carolina and the Southwest Virginia pocket are solidly Appalachian. Hell, Appalachian University is high up in the Appalachian Mountains in WNC.
>>
File: 1448297328700.jpg (21KB, 408x352px) Image search: [Google]
1448297328700.jpg
21KB, 408x352px
>>608849
>trusting the eternal anglo
>any year ever
>>
>>609171
>>609172
M O S L E Y
O
S
L
E
Y
>>
>>607281
The HRE died in 1648. The HRE nappy destroyed was an Austrian wearing is suit.
>>
>>607732
Fuck off. My ancestors hated the South.
http://www.shelbycountyhistory.org/schs/civilwar/squirrelhunter.htm
>>
File: 1433731228598.gif (686KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1433731228598.gif
686KB, 294x233px
Hitler actually gets accepted into art school.
>>
>>607688
>capital of CSA is Atlanta
>not Richmond (which will probably grow hugely after Washington DC ceases to be a factor in the area), or at least New Orleans or Nashville
>ceding Northern Virginia to the yankees when the only reason the region is so yankified is that Washington DC is the capital, once it isn't they will leave anyway
>CSA in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana but not in all of West Virginia
>Missouri not midwestern
>implying Texan culture is different enough from Southern culture to justify it being a different country
So many fucking things wrong.
>>
File: DR1914.jpg (82KB, 561x474px) Image search: [Google]
DR1914.jpg
82KB, 561x474px
>no world wars
>no shoa guilt
>hardworking patriotic jews stay in my country
>dat map
>>
>>608323
The hungarians would never let go of the Croats and Transylvania
>>
The US becomes an empire and begins a practice of discrimination/placement of conquered people based solely on their former nationality.

American Empire never
>>
File: Balkanus Maximus.png (431KB, 2100x1525px) Image search: [Google]
Balkanus Maximus.png
431KB, 2100x1525px
I dunno, some sort of chain of event that would result in this, just because it would be pretty damn funny.
>>
Germany win WW1.

more peaceful europe, pan-europeanism is more mainstream.
>>
Banning Wilson from the Treaty of Versailles
>>
>>609926
>Germany
>peaceful
>>
File: 2wXzlst.png (88KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
2wXzlst.png
88KB, 800x799px
>>607030
- Modern day Byzantium
- Western and Christian North Africa and Middle East
>>
>ERE holds onto the Balkans and Optimatoi
>Wrangel leads the White Russians to victory and Russia becomes a true constitutional monarchy
>Germany wins in WW1 and France is humiliated like never before
>Persia is not conquered by Muslims; Zoroastrianism survives and becomes a major religion like Hinduism
>British Empire federates in the 1920s instead of falling apart
>>
>>609700
They would be forced to.
>>
The American revolutionaries fail to get international support and the American colonies are retained by the British.

No French revolution. France remains and economic and political mess, which is just barely able to limp along due to the fact that it didn't waste a lot of money supporting the revolutionaries. No Napoleon, so the rest of Europe isn't dragged kicking and screaming into the 19th century. The Holy Roman Empire isn't disbanded, and without the revolutions to spread the concept of nationalism Germany never unites.

With France still weak and the rest of Europe still relatively backwards, Britain enjoys an even greater advantage and the British Empire establishes total global hegemony.
>>
>>607176
>Republican whites
>not Tsarist whites
Shit-tier
>>
File: 1448408943785.png (770KB, 752x625px) Image search: [Google]
1448408943785.png
770KB, 752x625px
>>610152
It's a tragedy that this never happened.
>>
>Mexico remains an empire throughout the entirety of the XIX century and early XX century.

Country gets all the advantages of both liberal policies and industrializations while also receiving more French, Austrian, bohemian and Hungarian immigration. After Maximilian my death one of the sons of Archduke Karl Ludwig would inherit the empire for another 30 years, creating a competent political class.
>>
File: perfect.png (101KB, 2214x1755px) Image search: [Google]
perfect.png
101KB, 2214x1755px
Something along these lines:

- Romance Anglo-Saxon Britain
- Romance Frankish Gaul
- Romance Visigothic Iberia
- Romance Lombard Italy and Illyria
- Romance Vandal North Africa
- Greek Egypt
- Greek Balkans, Anatolia and Levant
- Armenia and Mesopotamia buffer states
- Zoroastrian/Christian Persia
>>
>>607688
az would not get along with ca they are opposites
>>
>>610235

>Maximilian adopted two grandsons of the first Mexican emperor, Agustín de Iturbide y Green and Salvador de Iturbide y Marzán, as his heirs.[12]
>>
>>610152
that would suck
>>
>>608323
<3
>>
Are there a lot of people in /his/ that really dislike the US existing?
>>
A series of African revolts occur in the US that successfully create a semi-autonomous black region from South Carolina along the coast to Eastern Texas before 1800

Arabic has greater literacy amongst Senegambians and Fulani/Mande speakers, more whites die of mosquito derived illnesses
>>
>>607140
>germany wins world war one

There would be no Germany, dummy
US revolution fails early = no French involvement = French monarchy doesnt go bankrupt = no French Revolution = no Napoleon = HRE not destroyed and replaced with Rhine Confederation = no birth of German nationalism
>>
>>607361
>>607371
You do realism Confucianism wouldn't even be a thing without Chinese Legalism.
>>
File: norse irish.jpg (343KB, 900x1224px) Image search: [Google]
norse irish.jpg
343KB, 900x1224px
>>607030
brian boru and his heir designate murchad don't die at clontarf
ireland centralizes and solidifies under the two Ard Rì
newly united ireland storms over the british isles with Gall Goidel might hefting single edged battle axes

>>608946
gl sassanach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHY14OVk7r0
>>
>>610257

Late Antiquity/Early Medieval?
>>
>>610274
A common misconception, Agustin and Salvador were never heirs to the Mexican crown, the title Prince of Iturbide could not even be inherited and had to be designed by the emperor. Maximilian actually adopted the guys to put some pressure on Karl Ludwig, so in a sense, Franz Ferdinand was kinda heir to the Mexican Empire (this of course before his uncle and cousin's death)
>>
File: state_seal_color2.png (537KB, 2055x2055px) Image search: [Google]
state_seal_color2.png
537KB, 2055x2055px
- Independent Republic of Texas
- Independent Republic of California
- French speaking Louisiana, Eastern Arkansas, and Southern Missouri
- Independent Quebec

I hate blob states and I think being part of a blob means sacrificing too many domestic/regional concerns for international ones.

Many interesting cultures in North America are suppressed because they're forced into blobs.
- I didn't even know who the Quebecois were until I was an adult because the French Canadian identity is never talked about internationally as such. I don't think the Quebecois will ever be given their due internationally unless they're an independent of Canada. Not that Canada has done terrible wrong by them, but if the Quebecois want the same "I know who you are" thing as French, German, English, Mexican people etc etc they will have to be their own country.
- Francophone Culture in Louisiana was suppressed by the Federal government in the Post-Civil War years in the name of fostering loyalty to the Union. Previous to the Civil war, the Francophone and the Creoles had setup French speaking Schools. These were all shut down post war. New Orleans currently is in no way receiving the support it needs from the American state; how many damn years did it take to recover from Hurricane Katrina? The economy ain't up to much either. New Orleans & Louisiana are not a priority for the American state, so why even be in it?
- Texas only gets back 1 dollar for every 2 dollars it sends the Federal government. Also being part of the US means it has to be part of US politics ie the two party system, which forces it to be Republican all the time, despite the fact that like 40% of the state votes Democratic. If Texas had a parliamentary system their politics would be so much more reflective of the desire of their citizens.

North America could be so interesting and diverse and fostering so many unique cultures, but instead it's all sacrificed in the name of blob.
>>
>>607282

Britbongs were so badly BTFO by Rommel, they had to build a legend around the man they were facing, portraying him as the best German general in order to mitigate the damage.

Losing to a military mastermind is easier than explaining why your million strong Cairo Front is being pushed back by 30k Germans.

US has developed a similar myth around Yamamoto in order to mitigate their own failures. Meanwhile the Soviets don't bother discussing the dozen German generals that were kicking their faces in.
>>
>>607269
>What are supply lines?
>What is over-extension?
>>
>>607169
>Mensheviks putting down the Bolsheviks
Socialist-Revolutionares would be enough.

It was much more likely too.
>>
>>607030
Emperor Henry VI doesn't die. He liberated Jerusalem, winning support from the Papacy to approve his plans of a hereditary monarchy in the HRE, give a string of 3-4 good emperors and you have a powerful German-Italian state.
>>
>>610535
I think the American view of Yamamoto was that he was the only Japanese commander that really understood that a war with the US was unwinnable but when he couldn't stop it planned and executed it anyway because of loyalty to Japan
>>
>Norse establish permanent settlements in North American

>The Church reforms itself and the reformation never happens
>>
>>610151
That's a very bad start for an already shaky union
>>
>>607270
+10 flaco. Buen post
>>
>607771

>Scalia and Rehnquist both have strokes and die in the 90s
>Clinton appoints two non-retarded justices in their place
>Supreme Court finds in favor of Gore in 2000, allows recount, Bush forced to admit defeat
>6 months later
>Gore reads intelligence report on his desk titled "Bin Laden determined to strike U.S."
>Uses all resources at his disposal, from the NSA, FBI, DIA and local law enforcement agencies
> FBI in junction with local police identify Suspicious Arab men taking flight raining, but not learning to land
> Mena re detained, one of them cracks and lets slip the details of the operation
>All conspirators are arrested, charged with terrorism and attempted mass murder
>Al Qaeda is humiliated and driven back by this defeat
>Gore government negotiates a deal with the Taliban, who turn Bin Laden's location over to the U.S.
>Top secret raid takes out Bin Laden and a lot of other al-Qaeda staff, who are rendered unable to operate as they had before.
>Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan never happen
>Security restrictions at Airports and other facilities remain in the realm of corny speculative fiction
>the 2000s become a decade of peace and prosperity for the United States
>Middle East is not as unstable as it is OTL

If only...
>>
Genghis Khan dying as a child so those dirty Mongolians never unite. Euro fags never get gunpowder. Middle East and China lead development in technology and science. World at peace. Savage Europeans would never be raping and pillaging weaker countries. We would be exploring space by now if it wasn't for him.
>>
>>610535
>Losing to a military mastermind is easier than explaining why your million strong Cairo Front is being pushed back by 30k Germans
actually Rommel's forces slightly outnumbered the British in North Africa, if you include the Italians under his command

>>607036
>>607331
>>607796
>>610535
maybe Rommel is well-regarded because the history books are written by professional historians who actually have studied the North Africa campaign in detail, and not random idiots on the internet who have clearly never read more than a brief overview of the campaign.
>>
>>610733
This
>>
>>607722
yes
>>
>>607140
>US still expands to the western seaboard
>huge wealth of industry and manpower joins the war in 1914

This is how you end the war by Christmas.
>>
>>610509
As quebecois, i am happy to read that
>>
File: 425355132.jpg (55KB, 709x469px) Image search: [Google]
425355132.jpg
55KB, 709x469px
>Meryan, Muromian and Metscheran stay as the biggest languages of the principality of Moscow
>Church Slavonic replaced by Church Meryan by Tsar Pekka the Great
>Finnic-speaking Russia
>>
>>610744
Italians count as a negative factor. I know this is a meme but before the internet, memes were true half the time.
>>
File: 1447959033810.png (160KB, 512x617px) Image search: [Google]
1447959033810.png
160KB, 512x617px
>>607030
Hitler won the WWII. One can dream.
>>
>>607217
There was megafauna everywhere. Humans should've just stayed in africa.
>>
>>607183
So Italy gets buttfucked for the better? Do you have any idea how fast and horrendous a German victory in that scenario would be? Sure, the Wehrmacht was never as powerful as anyone says but Italians could have had a thousand years to prepare and little would have been different.
>>
File: genghis-khan.png (149KB, 1012x639px) Image search: [Google]
genghis-khan.png
149KB, 1012x639px
>>610572
>implying that central Asia to Persia isn't over extension
>implying that the mongols even used supply lines
>>
File: 1451686311882.jpg (50KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
1451686311882.jpg
50KB, 600x481px
>>607030
Only one thing needs to change for an eternal salve of my geopolitical autism
>Hitler indirectly stages German revolution on the western fringes of Poland.
>Make a bellicose fuss in the papers about ethnic German rights.
>After world attention goes back to war crimes still denied by Japan, take it, instead of being an idiot and doing it while the former allies are still tense about Memel and Czechoslovakia
>No Soviet winter for East Europe
>Grossedeutschland and therefore Europe stands half a chance of surviving
>>
>>607467
Supposed to be a wet dream not a nightmare.
>>
>>607050
This is a key factor my my fantasy world's history.
The Europeans crusade against them and push them out, and then invade the Aztec's world, butchering the people and creating a number of independent states (see the Crusader Kingdoms), that eventually form a greater confederacy that is later broken up into a series of Balkanized states to never be a global power again.
>>
File: Woman's Guide 6.jpg (86KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Woman's Guide 6.jpg
86KB, 400x400px
Women rule the worlds and there are no wars ever.
>>
>>607282
Because they're only aware of the meme leader of the DAK and not the S+ tier divisional commander who broke through French lines so hard, his division was Christened "Ghost" because every time von Kluge asked where Rommel was, nobody had the answer at hand.
>>
>>607688
Somebody's been playing too much of the After the End mod for CK2
>>
>>607732
Also Michigan: Metro Detroit area.
Can confirm the CSA flags while blasting about their trucks. Attended High school with a few, and I've promptly left them behind.
>>
>>607312
i dont see the difference
>>
>>610572
>Mongol hordes
>supply lines

pick one
>>
File: 1426439498475.jpg (26KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
1426439498475.jpg
26KB, 500x251px
>>607688
thats... thats not where houston is...

or for that matter literally any of the capitals you made
>>
>>607074
ever heard of the iberian union?
>>
>>607688
>This is what europoors think america is
>>
>>607248
This is literally a reddit answer...
As if some other leader wouldn't take Hitlers place and make policies based off German sentiment at the time
>>
Genghis Khan never stopped
>>
File: Byzantines doing well.png (716KB, 5616x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Byzantines doing well.png
716KB, 5616x2160px
ERE gets more Justinian I and Basil II type leaders
>>
File: pyrrhus-2.jpg (130KB, 482x625px) Image search: [Google]
pyrrhus-2.jpg
130KB, 482x625px
Pyrrhus dodges the fucking tile
>>
Federalists maintain dominance and fuck Jefferson and Democratic-Republicans shit up

And Based Hamilton becomes prez as well
>>
File: austrians.png (107KB, 953x1760px) Image search: [Google]
austrians.png
107KB, 953x1760px
>>607266
>>607312
>Austria still exists
>>
>>610509
you mean the cities vote democrat while rural areas vote republican.
you know, like the rest of the country.
>>
>>607758
pls no
>>
>>610509
Fuck those whiny faggots in Quebec
They have such a sweet deal but still complain about everything.
remove poutine
>>
>>610849
America wouldn't even have men in Europe before Christmas you mongoloid.
>>
File: a perfect europe.png (128KB, 1184x946px) Image search: [Google]
a perfect europe.png
128KB, 1184x946px
If only if only the woodpecker sighs
>>
>>611510
But they elected to stay and leech off us.
>>
>>607142
No, never, why would you have mudslime araboturkomongoloids controlling an empire rather than much better Balkan peoples (excluding Bulgarians).
>>607410
>>607398
>>607394
We're talking about the FUCKING SON OF ZEUS HERE ALEXANDER THE THIRD SON OF PHILLIP THE SECOND OF MACEDON AND OF OLYMPIAS QUEEN OF MACEDON AND PRINCESS OF EPIRUS OF MACEDON (I don't care if that was propaganda to attract the fucking Persians into accepting his rule, I believe it).
>>608825
>>611071
Based Mithridates.
Based Pyrrhus
Man, the Romans were too fucking lucky for their own good...
just imagine... A Bactrian Empire? A Macedonian Empire? An Athenian Empire? A complete Ptolemaic or Seleucid Empire? An Epirote Empire? or even a Pontic Empire?
>>611024
I can't explain how much that picture aroused me.
>>
>>607030
The Roman Empire never adopting Christianity, continuing to persecute Christians, the Roman Empire never dividing, and Rome never falling.
>>
The Arab Spring never happens in Libya, and the Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya continues.
>>
File: 1402967062859.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1402967062859.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>611211
>Based Hamilton
>>
Belisarius stops being a beta faggot, gets rid of his shitty wife and becomes the new western roman emperor at Ravenna.
>>
>>610509
Louisiana did get screwed, along with the rest of the south after the civil war. But New Orleans is going to be in recovery forever and it isn't the feds fault.

(Also, Texas gets back 79 cents for every dollar. Delaware is the real loser. They only get 31 cents.)
>>
>>607688
>People's Republic of California
>no bear arms
kek
>>
constantinopole, bagdad, rome etc never get sacked or destroyed and most of the sights and art survive to this day
>>
>>607541
You need to stop the Cold War and even then that might not be enough
>>608946
So not being assholes during the potato famine
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.