[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which early Christian community first allowed Gentiles to join?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1438459825134.jpg (120KB, 653x900px) Image search: [Google]
1438459825134.jpg
120KB, 653x900px
In the first christian communities it was a requirement to be Jewish. When did this change? When did they abandon this archaic teaching and turn to the true teachings of Christ that allow ANYONE to become a Christian. What early community accurately followed Christ's example?
>>
>>586658
In the first christian communities it was a requirement to be Jewish. When did this change?
The roman empire you cuck.
>>
>>586658
Would've helped if Jesus actually existed.
*tips*
>>
Paul's church I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>586658
>In the first christian communities it was a requirement to be Jewish.
source?
>>
>>586660
back to /b/
>>586664
thanks reddit
>>586666
Yeah but which community? Paul wrote letters to many communities
>>
>>586673
I'm probably not fully correct there. But I believe the early christians were almost all Jewish and some were wary of allowing gentiles into their ranks.
>>
The Jews realized yeshua ha-notzri wasn't their Messiah. The book of acts even goes into their rejection of pauls teachings after the hype of "the Messiah is here!" had ended.

Paul then decided it was time to incorporate the gentiles into the fold, because people who don't know anything about Jewish scripture can't really argue about him being Messiah or not.
>>
>>586681
So you just typed out of your ass then
>>
>>586681

Not him, but that's probably just a historical accident given that the movement started in Judea and its first members were Jews.
>>
>>586658
this is a very sexy image

yeshua is blushing, hands already bound and skin exposed for pilate, who gazes at his beautiful chest. pilate's open legs and loosely clenched right hand betray his arousal, and you can see he has wine standing ready beside him.

8/10 would fap to
>>
>>586687
shitposting is strong this evening. No board is safe from /b/tards
>>
>>586676
>Yeah but which community?
Paul's own immediate followers.
>>
>>586698
If that isn't true, then the whole premise of this thread is redundant, and everyone is talking out of their ass
>>
the bible has a story about cornelius who was a roman captain in the military or something
I belive he was the first non jew to become christian
>>
>>586709
How about all the gentiles Jesus healed and spoke with
>>
>>586711
You mean righteous gentiles who honoured God in all things but in the depths of the Law?

Do you know who else Jesus preached to? Samaritans.

If they weren't already in love with yahouwahou then he didn't deal with them.

Fucking Saul.
>>
>>586676
>Yeah but which community?

The synagogue of satan in Corinth.
>>
>>586658
Paul realized that the Romans were going to kill every one of them easily if they didn't diversify with goyim followers.
>>
>>586682
This sounds like only a small step away from Paul making up Jesus a.k.a. the Messiah.

Maybe all he did was change "he will come" to "seen him, he'll be back tho"
>>
>>586798
I wouldn't argue for that, maybe, but it seems like something really difficult to make up and convince people OF THE DAY that it happened. I have no doubts paul engineered modern Christianity though.
>>
>>586804
>but it seems like something really difficult
Modern day cults do it all the time. Look at scientology. From nutball to global force in less than a generation.
Maybe cristianity is just a cult run amok
>>
>>586822
But the concept of the Messiah was something they took very seriously and the Jews were getting desperate, I think it was pauls wishful thinking more than anything.
>>
>>586766
>Saul had an interest beyond before those now living are dead.

FUCK SAKE SAUL. GET WITH THE PROGRAMME.
>>
by Romans, when they realized they could use Christianity to pacify the glorious manly tribes of the Celts and Germanic peoples
instead of murder and pillage with an erection, they now sent telepathic messages to a dead Jew
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.