[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi lads, There was a Zoroastrianism thread a couple of days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Faravahar_Brushe_by_fizone.jpg (41KB, 700x271px) Image search: [Google]
Faravahar_Brushe_by_fizone.jpg
41KB, 700x271px
Hi lads,

There was a Zoroastrianism thread a couple of days ago asking what it meant to be Zoroastrian. Someone had written several sentences that I completely forgot to save.. It included something about gluttony and just general values. It was pretty well written. Does anyone remember what it was?
>>
Are you talking about this?

To ride, shoot straight and speak the truth
Moderation in worldly pleasures, both celibacy and lechery, gluttony and temperance is not encouraged
Charity and love for all human beings
Industry and honest toil
Forgiveness, mercy and tolerance

Arrogance, greed, petty quarrels, wrath and jealousy are discouraged
>>
>>583719
Holy fuck you're amazing. Thanks chum
>>
>>583719
Is there sauce for that BTW?
>>
>>583721
Your welcome, m90

Next time just use the archive ;^)
>>
>>583733
Wth, I thought 4chan dint have an archive. I've genuinely been here for over 2 yrs
>>
>>583731
>>583743
Idk m8, I just looked it up in the archive

There are several archives each archiving some of the boards and one that's archiving all of them (4ch.be), /his/ is being archived here
http://desustorage.org/his/
https://4ch.be/his/

The second one doesn't archive full images
>>
>>583757
Thanks man!
>>
>>583834
np famalam
>>
>tfw no revitalization of non Parsi Zoroastrianism
>>
>>583731

Herodotus lol

http://legacy.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/herodotus-persians.asp
>>
>>583719
Wwhy don't they accept converts? I image they would attract ton of people with this, combined with the fact how old they are.
>>
>>586257

I am pretty sure they do. In Iran right now large amounts of people are converting.
>>
File: zorro.jpg (77KB, 796x586px) Image search: [Google]
zorro.jpg
77KB, 796x586px
>>586338
Are they? I read somewhere they don't. That's great anyway.
>mfw Iran becomes majority Zorroastran and renames to Persia
>>
>>586338
>>586350
I'm pretty sure its just the old people and the farm folk that are still heavy muslims.
Most city folk don't seem to give much of a fuck, and a lot of the Zoroastrian teaching and stuff are in-twined with Iranian culture.

t: someone who visited Iran for a week last year.
>>
File: 4460347438_356806a22c.jpg (167KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
4460347438_356806a22c.jpg
167KB, 500x389px
>>586257
Mainstream Zoroastrians accept converts.

Thing is that the more numerous offshoot called Parsis do not. The Indian king who let them stay with him made a law that they cannot spread their faith or compete with mainstream Hinduism.

Kurds, Pashtuns, and other folks convert all the time.

t. Iranian
>>
>>587526
lmao let me guess you visited tehran for all of a week? tehroonis are so out of touch with the rest of the country its hilarious.
>>
>>587557
How much? How does Tehran differ? Is the youth westernised? How tolerant are they?
>>
>>583710
What parts of the Avesta should I read to get a basic understanding of Zoroastrianism?

Also, are there any good biographies about Zoroaster/Zarathustra?
>>
>>583731
I wrote the post quoted in >>583719, this was my source
http://tenets.zoroastrianism.com/deen33i.html plus the Herodotus quote which was admittedly not hugely relevant but its a great sentence anyway
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.