[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just what the fuck would've happened if England won

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Anglo French Empire.png (44KB, 999x549px) Image search: [Google]
Anglo French Empire.png
44KB, 999x549px
Just what the fuck would've happened if England won the War of the Roses?
>>
>>580793
...but England did win the War of the Roses. It had to: all the participants were English nobles of one description or another.
>>
>>580793
You mean the 100 years war.

Well England would have ceased to Exist as France would have become the primary title, then at some point in the future France would probably lose a war in which the peace stipulations required the establishment of some random English pretender to a restored independent England. So ultimately it would probably just wind up with England being less powerful.
>>
I keep seeing people mistake the 100 Years War and the War of the Roses. Is it just one retard?
>>
>>580848
Well, Henry VII was Welsh and backed by France. Maybe OP is suggesting that the Yorkists could have successfully reasserted the English claim on the French throne?
>>
We'd all be speaking English now like a bunch of goddamn Limeys!
>>
>>580866
>Is it just one retard?
There's 319 million of them.
>>
>>580882
More like the english would be speaking France

Anyway the personal union of the kingdoms of France and England would have lasted long, too many different people and different interests
>>
>>580793
I wonder if he would keep calling himself king of England and France or make England a dependency of the kingdom of France.

I reckon the English/French king would try to smash the English parliament to bits and go full on absolutely monarchy as early as possible.
>>
>>580891
it's not just Americans, nobody actually cares

literally both wars were a bunch of chronic inbreeders going to war with themselves over their own retardedly convoluted succession laws

plus the war of the roses started like two years after the 100 years war ended so it really could be easy to conflate the two
>>
File: 1452734958366.png (1MB, 1240x869px) Image search: [Google]
1452734958366.png
1MB, 1240x869px
>>580793

I'm tired of this bullshit.

England did win the War of the Roses, it wasn't all down to the USSR.

Who do you think bombed Dresden?
>>
>>580916
I never understood why the two were considered distinct from one another. I suppose the Wars of the Roses is supposed to denote the infighting solely in England, by France was hugely involved in that too. You could also argue the first shots fired in the Wars of the Roses were during the usurpation of 1399 and the subsequent Lancastrian Wars, that would provide significant overlap with the Hundred Years' War. Either way, the former was an extension of the latter.
>>
>>580793
Man! What a weird scenario to think! I mean, Brazil would probably be Chinese if that happened
>>
>>580963
lmao

can 'what if' threads just be banned already
>>
>>580793
England didn't even participate in the War of The Roses, it was between Japan and Russia
>>
>>580910
why would the english king instantly become french?
>>
>>580999

This, quite honestly. I wouldn't give a shit if it was just the occasional one but the board is clogged full of people making these retarded threads.

Note to the idiots, this is NOT what history is about. Historians do not sit about talking rubbish about imaginary alternate timelines.
>>
>>581017
The most prestigious title/biggest holding takes precedence typically.

The Holy Roman Emperor would style himself as such first and then as say king of Bohemia.

PS, during the war of the roses the guys fighting over the throne were Plantagentes
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.