[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We sum up a civilization in two sentences or less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 22

File: image.jpg (126KB, 2454x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 2454x3000px
>Russia
>And then it got worse.
>>
we lived in peace
then white ppl came
>>
>>579991
>Japan
Kicking honky ass since 1904
>>
>>579991
>India
WERE FREE, WERE FINALLY FREE!
"and then they were enslaved for 90 years"
>>
File: nag2.jpg (49KB, 457x300px) Image search: [Google]
nag2.jpg
49KB, 457x300px
>>580007
>>
>>580022
Hi Ivan
>>
File: 235928256_825f80ed57.jpg (122KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
235928256_825f80ed57.jpg
122KB, 500x474px
>>579991
Ireland
>We were so close. And then the Brits ruined everything.
>>
>Germany
>start shit get hit
>>
> Goths
> Ooga Booga where the Mediterranean wimen at
>>
Portugal

"I love you, Britain"
"Britain, stop hitting me"
>>
Brazilian Empire

>hooray, we're free from Poortugal
>dependent of the UK now.
>>
>>579991
>Cambodia
>Angkor Who?
>>
>>579991
The USA
>You can't possibly justify fabricating a nation based on tax evasion alone, right?
>>
>>579991
indochina
it aint me
>>
>rome
>need more land faggots
>>
File: average anglo.jpg (124KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
average anglo.jpg
124KB, 540x960px
>>579991
>Britain
>inbred, but at least we our military beat all those defenseless niggers over 100 years ago! Rule Britannia!
>>
Poland.

>Eternally buttblasted about Germans for some reason.
>Famous for inventing the bagel.
>>
>>580161
Wholly shit, this is actually appropriate for once: The Jews did it.
>>
>>579991
>Finland
>Far
>>
>>580161
>Germans

Wrong direction.
>>
>America
>Well, it was good while it lasted.
>>
>Germany
WHAT IS THIS
*steals
SOME SOME FINNA
*grabs crotch
HOL UP
*grabs a 40 of mead and pours some out for the dead homies
AYYEEE YOU BE SAYIN
*Smacks lips profusely
THIS IS SOME FINNA
*drinks a skine of urine and magic mushrooms
THIS PEOPLE WE CAN MURDER?
>>
>>580192
Yeah, they also are anally ravaged about Russians for other reasons, and act like the nation-state equivalent of perennial children when they ignore every other neighbor who they invaded at one point or another.

Poland was built on blaming Niemcy for everything under the sun.
>>
File: polan.jpg (145KB, 750x884px) Image search: [Google]
polan.jpg
145KB, 750x884px
>>580216
>>
>nazi germany
>ı tried so hard and got so hard but in the end it doesn't even matter
>>
File: 20150521_150737_1_1.jpg (86KB, 1028x728px) Image search: [Google]
20150521_150737_1_1.jpg
86KB, 1028x728px
Fagermans
Lose every time
>>
>>580253
Katyn was some fucked up shit, dude.
>>580216
You're acting like Poland committed atrocities at the same level. I don't remember reading about anything like the lebensraum from polaks. Get real.
>>
>>579991
>France

Stop doing that thing I was doing ten minutes ago!

>Stop conquering fellow Christians
>Stop being centralized
>Stop being feudal
>Stop being monarchial
>Stop being republican
>Stop being pirates
>Stop invading your neighbors over Alsace

The only thing the French have ever been consistent on is that they don't like people picking on Poland.
>>
>>580299
>he hasn't heard of the Polish death camps
>>
>America
>You may hate us but you need us
>>
>>580299
>talking about Pollacks invading their neighbors
>shifts goalposts and brings up atrocities as if that explains everything
lel... nice reading comprehension.

Poles build an entire modern national character around German/Russian occupation and adopt a persecution complex over Germanization, while ignoring all the times they engaged in Polonization when occupying others.

btw the eternal Polish butthurt didn't begin in WW2, it began from its very inception, another point you glossed over.
>>
>Thanks Obama
>hey look a penny
>>
File: nameofrose.jpg (81KB, 349x558px) Image search: [Google]
nameofrose.jpg
81KB, 349x558px
I have one:
>Religion no longer a big deal
>"uh, didn't thought shit could get better so fast!"
Can you guys guess it?
(pic not necessarily related)
>>
>Canada
It's like England but bigger, colder and more irrelevant.
>>
>>580384
Republic of Ireland?
>>
>>580109
>France
>Spain
>Germany
Yes those are all defenceless niggers
>>
>>580389
>Canada
america's hat
>>
>>580299
>MUH
>LEBENSRAUM

Negro that shit was commonplace in eastern yurop. When you conquered somewhere, you displaced the natives and settled it with your own citizens.
>>
>>579991
>Japan and Germany
Local Bully not so Tough after being Molested
>>
>>580513
>Local Bully not so Tough after being Molested
Also could be applied to the Seleucid Empire.
>>
>>579996
Lol wtf
>oh shit I responded to this bait

>shitshitshit
>>
>>580007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDkwqCF7fs
>>
>>580447
Yes, which is why Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and Belarus are all majority Russian. Oh, wait.
>>
The liars won.
>>
>>580521
>grrr no literally nothing bad happened before NAZIS
>>
>>580648
>was
>>
>>580348
So, let me try to see your point starting with "they ignore every other neighbor who they invaded at one point or another" which seems like a false equivalence. Correct me if I'm wrong but Poland was on the receiving end the majority of the time, yes? If you include history from before the katyn massacre that someone else brought up then you're still not convincing me that the current level of butthurt is unjustified. If you had a racist neighbor that treated your kids like barbarians and later tried to kill them a couple times, you wouldn't turn the other cheek and ignore what happened.
>>
>>580739
>which seems like a false equivalence
In your opinion.

>Correct me if I'm wrong but Poland was on the receiving end the majority of the time, yes?
Actually, not really. Prior to the 20th century, there was one period where they were occupied by the Russians/Germans/Austro-Hungarians, that aside, there was such a thing as the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth or Polish kingdoms that existed before it.

Before Germany existed and before the ebin ebil Russians were a serious enough threat, they were the big kids on the block in Eastern Europe, and certainly were far from shy of attacking many of their neighbors, demonizing them in endless cultural hymns and songs, and then some. The idea that this is all one-sided is a modern revision which came into existence after two world wars.

>If you include history from before the katyn massacre that someone else brought up then you're still not convincing me that the current level of butthurt is unjustified.
I wasn't speaking about Katyn, or even the 20th century.

As I already mentioned before, Poland isn't a nation state built on the eternal victimhood idea, its own occupation by the aforementioned came after centuries of it attacking everyone surrounding it, not to mention its conveniently ignored when they engage in Polonization, land grabbing, even ethnic cleansing. Only a nationalist or retard ignores this

>If you had a racist neighbor that treated your kids like barbarians and later tried to kill them a couple times, you wouldn't turn the other cheek and ignore what happened.
wew lad

Black-and-white views of history... gee, where do I begin on this one?

Any serious, non-tribal understanding of the history of Central and Eastern Europe wouldn't even characterize the relationship of Poland with its neighbors in this way, not to mention plays on the idea that, yet again, they were always victims and never perpetrators of the imperial mindsets they once themselves employed at any point prior to the 18th century.
>>
>>580909
>Poland isn't a nation state built on the eternal victimhood idea
Poland is*

Typo fixed.
>>
>>580909
>at any point prior to the 18th century.
19th century*

Though you should know what I mean regardless.
>>
>They still think Polish Death Camps is a joke
>They still think Poland didnd du nuffuing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camps_for_Russian_prisoners_and_internees_in_Poland_%281919%E2%80%9324%29
>>
>Scotland
>alright laddies, this time the highland charge will win for sure
>>
File: dead_horse.gif (129KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
dead_horse.gif
129KB, 300x232px
>>579991
>All of them
Our laws are natural and eternal!
>>
>>580348
Just stop, lithuanian. Learn some history. If Poles were ever butthurt about some nation, it would be the Russians. Germans weren't considered the greatest enemy until WW2. Second of all, you can't speak about 'modern' Polish identity, because Polish identity were continued through the ages without an interruption. If anyone's butthurt, it's you.
>>
>>581026
>Germans weren't considered the greatest enemy until WW2.
kek

Yeah, any anti-German folklores, poetry, or songs by Poles before the 19th century just don't exist, because you say so.

>Just stop, lithuanian
My apologies, my Romanian shitposting friend.
>>
>Canada
>"quelques arpents de neige hon hon hon"
>>
>The Dutch Republic
>And then all surrounding countries got jealous.
>>
>Britain
>we wuz emperors
>>
>Byzantium
>Why the fuck would anything nice ever happen
>>
>>580384
Hmmmmm

Modern Italy?
>>
>Ottomans
>...Janissaries.
>>
>>580040
Britain
>We were so close. And then the Irish ruined everything.
>>
>>581337
Thank you based Ireland for saving the world from eternal Anglo-domination.
>>
>mongolia

when you're about to conquer europe but batu calls you a lightweight
>baka ogodai
>>
Finland
>at we least we're not Russia
>>
>Japan
>just fuck all the worlds shit up because fuck you
>>
France
> Wow, that guy is great!
> Wow, that guy sucks.
Ad vitam eternam.
>>
>>580997
But anon, the highland charge did work. Repeatedly. Until Culloden when the Hanoverians sorted their shit out. Falkirk Muir and Prestonpans are notable examples.
>>
File: 117qx3q.jpg (64KB, 800x1169px) Image search: [Google]
117qx3q.jpg
64KB, 800x1169px
>>580007
>Russians
>white
>>
>>581396
He's obviously Mongorian
>>
>Parthians
>What if we put armour on our horses?
>>
>>579991

But that picture is in the Ardennes.
>>
File: pb.png (4KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
pb.png
4KB, 150x150px
>>580253

yfw Polandball is in that picture
>>
United States

>"We are the world greatest and only superpower!"
>"Ewww, you mean we actually have to go out and do things?"
>>
File: aksum.jpg (28KB, 418x450px) Image search: [Google]
aksum.jpg
28KB, 418x450px
Aksum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDGyPRr9-AE
>>
>>581713
Lol
>>
Haiti
>OOGA BOOGA KILL WHITEY GET DAT MONEY FUCK MASSA
>... Fuck
>>
>>581031
Yeah, just give me one.
>>
> United States
> We may have done things wrong, but atleast we didn't do it on the scale like other foreign countries and repeated it in our history.
>>
>>581929
>Vespasian Kochowski
17th century poet who authored a work which portrayed Germans as bumbling fools, cowards, or a people who should only be met with violence.

Though like any example I could list, going back to any point will be rationalized or explained away somehow, overlooking that said bigotry did exist in Polish culture going back to its very founding.
>>
>korea
>JAPAN WUZ
>>
>>582140
>America
>FUCK EVERYONE! MUH PROVIDENTIAL DESTINY!
>>
>>580161
>bagel
The Jews invented the Bagel to make more shekels.

Instead of clipping coins and then selling the accumulated gold/silver, the Jews began clipping their bread so they could sell half the bread for the price of a whole bun.
>>
>>583105
Jewish food is basically a riff off eastern-central European cuisine.
t. a jew.
>>
>>583110
Yiddish is an Eastern Germanic language, you're just a bunch of Eastern Europeans to me.
>>
>>583110
Not surprising.

Did you know the tune of Havila Nagila was initially a carpathian folk song?
>>
>>583122
And modern Hebrew is Slavic language according to some scholars.

>>583124
Hava Nagila. Yes it figures. The Israeli anthem is Jewed from a Basque tune apparently.
>>
>>580007
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>583134
>And modern Hebrew is Slavic language according to some scholars.
Are you trying to take the piss? Let's see a source then!
>>
>>580389
>Canada
>more irrelevant than England

one job, mate
>>
>>583148
>Paul Wexler[7] claims that modern Hebrew is not a Semitic language at all, but a dialect of "Judaeo-Sorbian". He argues that the underlying structure of the language is Slavic, but "re-lexified" to absorb much of the vocabulary and inflectional system of Hebrew in much the same way as a creole. This view forms part of a larger complex of theories, such as the theory that Ashkenazi Jews are predominantly descended from Slavic and Turkic tribes rather than from the ancient Israelites.

I didn't read his book so I don't know what he's saying. But outside of genealogy and history I fail to see how it fits. Sure, modern Hebrew has a lot of Slav vocabulary, but it doesn't mean anything; we also use Arabic, German and English word constantly. The grammar needless to say is entirely Semitic.
>>
File: file.png (60KB, 300x181px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
60KB, 300x181px
>>580007
My sides have left this dimension
>>
>China
>hoho
>>
>>583174
>But outside of genealogy and history I fail to see how it fits
Hebrew is a modern language, it is literally the same as a bunch of Poles moving to Italy and then starting to speak Latin, claiming to be the original Romans.
>>
>Israel
>offense is the best defense
>>
>>583201
But Latin is not a modern language. And a bunch of Poles speaking in Latin won't make it Polish or a Poloid language. If you want to prove something like this you have to base it on something other than the identity of the speakers.
>>
>>583212
Hebrew is a historic language that we saved in posterity, recorded in history.

Aside, genetics says a lot of Ashkenazi actually come from Italy.
>>
>the spanish empire
>a US territory
>>
>>580071
>dependent of the UK now.
Explain.
>>
>>580091
>indochina
>literally naming the region as a portmanteau of the two famous neighbours
This is american indian tier.

It's like calling poland Germanorussia.
>>
>Ancient Egypt
>WE WUZ KINGZ N SHIT
>>
File: 1449453701522.png (143KB, 265x258px) Image search: [Google]
1449453701522.png
143KB, 265x258px
>Portuguese Empire
>African Kingdom
>t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>582026
>native americans
>>
>Christianity
>WOLOLOO
>>
>Spanish Empire
>OOGA BOOGA, WHERE DA GOLD AT
>>
>United States
>USA! USA!
>>
>>583122
East Germanic doesn't exist any more, Yiddish is West Germanic, as is German.
>>
>>580161
>for some reason

lel
>>
>>580384
I'd guess Russia. I wouldn't think things got better, but one could argue that from an industrial perspective.
>>
File: 1443719577531.jpg (149KB, 903x563px) Image search: [Google]
1443719577531.jpg
149KB, 903x563px
>Humanity
>Nothing much has changed under the sun.
>>
>>580648
kalingrad?
>>
>Canada
We wuz space-arms and shit
>>
Greece

Keep: War, boys and wine

Leave: Everything else
>>
>>583223
>Aside, genetics says a lot of Ashkenazi actually come from Italy.
Sauce? Sounds interesting
>>
>>580909
You're so asspained you can't even provide examples. Begging the question isn't gonna prove that Poland was ISIS with infinite propaganda.

I don't give a fuck if a country considers itself on the victim side after dealing with a couple genocidal close calls from insane world wars. Plus insane invasions from Swedes, Mongols, Ottomans, Teutonic knights/prussians, Russians, Austro-Hungary, Cossacks, and whatever other shit.
>>
>>585180
Nice pretentious waffling.

Also you basically just admitted your understanding is purely tribalistic, as if every side they warred with was the problem causer. They dindu nuffin.

Ever heard of the Polish occupation of Czech, Lithuanian, or Ukrainian territory in the Interwar period? Of course you haven't, because you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>580007
Hi James bond
>>
>>584791
>we wuz Avro arrows, we wuz killing Hitlerjugend, we wuz sorry for Indian schools n shieet. Smdh, senpai.
>>
>>580384
England?
>>
>Carthage
Delenda est
>>
>The Netherlands
>Let the waves carry us to people we can rip off!
>>
File: Mike riding this thread.png (1MB, 441x603px) Image search: [Google]
Mike riding this thread.png
1MB, 441x603px
This thread is /int/ tier shit.
>>
File: 1452476023329.jpg (94KB, 700x487px) Image search: [Google]
1452476023329.jpg
94KB, 700x487px
>>585256
I remain unconvinced that polaks were commiting more atrocities throughout history and had infinite propaganda against germans for eons and shouldn't have butthurt. You've proven that you can't back up your points and only want to talk shit about a people that aren't known for genocide and/or attempted genocide for over a thousand years.

Apply yourself next time.
>>
>>583297
I'm a proud citizen of Canexico.
>>
>>582091
He was a minor poet. If you really had good knowledge about Poland, you could give much better examples (story about princess Wanda who preferred to die than marry a German, it's well-known in Poland). Anyway, I would still argue that Germany is our archenemy. Maybe if you recognize Teutonic Order as Germans, then yes, we hated them so much. But from around 18th century it's definitely Russia, and it's true that I'm a little bit asspained about communism.
>>
>>580655
Yeah they all did.
>>
File: 1441603152406.jpg (178KB, 1200x956px) Image search: [Google]
1441603152406.jpg
178KB, 1200x956px
>AMERICA
This land is your land?
This land is my land.
>>
>>587295
>goal post shift back again to atrocities
>when we are talking about invasions and imperialism including all of their neighbors more broadly
You're unable to be convinced of anything to the contrary because you willfully misread my posts and set the parameters of the argument into territory that wasn't implied, while routinely failing to acknowledge that Poles are far from being eternal victims themselves. You even adopted said position in a prior post when you referred to Polish history in this way, proving my point.

>Apply yourself next time.
Take your own advice, illiterate retard.

>>587770
>you're Lithuanian if you disagree
>denying Poles are butthurt in their history/national culture about the Germans, at least not until WW2, it was only the Russians
>ask me to list one German example, maintaining said cultural examples of anti-German sentiment never happened
>one example is provided, by a figure who isn't just a poet, but a Polish historian
>switch position and claim they are your archenemy now in complete contradiction to the prior discussion
>provides another example thus proving my point earlier about said anti-German sentiment
In other words, you react emotionally to the post, flip-flop, and then bizarrely turn around and say you agree with me anyway.

Case closed.
>>
Germans
>Fight amongst themselves for 750 years then start both world wars
>>
>>588926
It took Otto "I hate other krauts but I hate other countries more" von Bismarck for them to start getting shit done.
>>
>>584760
this desu
>>
>>580419
>needing a coalition to fight them all
>>
>The UK
>SUCCESS
>BREEDS
>JELOUSY
>>
Germans
>ruining Europe since 410 AD

Poland
>the buffer zone between Russia and Germany

Czech Republic
>trust us, we are totally civilized western country

Hungary
>átok

Balkans
>the poor man's middle east
>>
>>580384
Either Germany (which was a collection of states and kingdoms at that time), or the netherlands.
>>
>>579991
nice reddit quote you cuckold
>>
>America
>FREEDOM
>>
>>579991
>the Vatican
>Pen state of eruopoe
>>
>>592398
All of these are surprisingly true.
>>
>Spain
>and then we killed all of our citizens and installed a king!

absolutely madmen the spanish, complete wastes of trash after the 1600s
>>
>>580274
>ı tried so hard and got so hard
nice

>Korea
https://vine.co/v/Oh2JLEpvPb5
>>
File: 1451694249438.png (318KB, 449x425px) Image search: [Google]
1451694249438.png
318KB, 449x425px
China

>We made our generals more powerful to defeat the nomadic horse riders in the north; Whoops, we got overthrown by a powerful general
>We took away power from the generals; Whoops, we got overthrown by nomadic horse riders from the north.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.