[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

islamic descent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Short version: the arabs were one of the advanced nations. Now they are not quite as advanced.
What happened?

A while ago i have listened to a podcast about the mongols in the Genghis the Khan era and one of the peoples the mongols fought and practically erased were the people of the islamic religion, i believe they were the arabs but i cant remember.
Then this question arose, what happaned to the arabs that led to this cultural descent?

Can any of you shed some light on this subject?

Sorry for bad english. Fucking third language
>>
>>567356
The Ottomans and Mamluks supressed Arab out of fear of them growing too strong
the Ottomans themselfs failed to keep Up With the European Industrial Revolution mainly due to policies during their golden age (mid 1500's/1600's )
>>
>>567372
I see. Now all that is left is the turkish and isis....
>>
>>567372
And even before that, the Mongols straight up fucked their shit up ruthlessly. Baghdad, former capital of the Islamic world, has not even come close to recovering even 1/8th of its former glory.
>>
>>567372
this followed by colonialism and it's idiotic borders. then israel, the failure of secular arab nationalism, dictators, the suppression of islamist reform movements by those dictators -> radicalised islamism, saudi wahhabism combining with radicalised islamist thought, and now the collapse of the dictatorial systems releasing all the tensions that were built up by years of oppression between different groups.
>>
>>567356

>What happened

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Abd_al-Wahhab

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayyid_Qutb

It should be noted that both drew on a 13th century preacher whose name I can't remember, so fundamentalism isn't strictly a modern intervention, but its popularity is.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.