[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the ASSyrians really as much cunts as advertised?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: assyrian.jpg (25KB, 251x325px) Image search: [Google]
assyrian.jpg
25KB, 251x325px
Were the ASSyrians really as much cunts as advertised?
>>
File: Battle of Qarqar.jpg (101KB, 312x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Qarqar.jpg
101KB, 312x1016px
>>535880
When you go to war with everyone in the Ancient Middle East with the express purpose of conquering them, you can be rightfully called a cunt.
>>
>>535918
That's a big army.
>>
They conquered Israel.

Then they got subjugated by Babylon.
>>
>>535880
Did all assyrians have lion feet?
>>
>>535971
For you.
>>
File: 1410197812819.jpg (21KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1410197812819.jpg
21KB, 260x260px
>>535918
they themselves advertised their assholery- Impaling and massacring cities and all that. funny how things turned out for them ...
>be Assyrian 2015
>get beheaded and genocided
>>
>>535918
So they were the Germans of the Ancient Near East?
>>
>>535918
>those numbers
>>
>>535880
They pioneered and invented many of the tactics that are today labeled as "terrorism."
>>
>>538243
Romans.
>>
>>537992
I'm Assyrian too, shlama Sargon!
>>
>>535918
Those are some pretty big numbers
>>
>>539364
more
>>
>>539395
sorry lad. not actually Assyrian tho, just making memes. A guy i know who is owns a god tier Shwarma store to.
>>
>>539364
Thanks for the negativity. We also invented aquaducts and torture methods used by many empires later.
>>
>>539378
Insofar as the Germans were.
>>
>>538243
>>539378
>>540078

Pretty German

>Jehu (Jew King), or Jehu's ambassador, bows before Shalmaneser III.
>>
>>535880

The Assyrians invented the concept of ruling thru terror. They regularly attacked people they had already conquered, massacring And taking captives, simply to keep the subjugated people's living in fear.

So loathed where they that when they were finally taken down, the general slaughter of the Assyrian race was so thorough that even writing centuries later, Greek commentators mentioned how desolate and uninhabited the Assyrian homelands where.

So yeah, grade-A assholes.
>>
>>540304
They were also the first empire to do population deportations. They systematically redistributed conquered peoples to other parts of the empire to prevent rebellions.
>>
>>540304
>I'm a little faggot who can only quote Dan Carlin

And it almost worked. The Assyrian military was god tier at the time and if it wasn't split in 2 because of internal conflict, they would have lived on to deport more Jews (which Babylon also did), fuck the Greeks and destroy Arabs. (Both of which the Persians were too incompetent to do and look where that got us.)
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.