[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW CAN ONE MAN BE SO BASED?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: s.jpg (21KB, 220x286px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
21KB, 220x286px
what is /his/ opinion on Saladin ?
>>
Muslim scum, but not terrible Muslim scum, apparently?
>>
he was black
>>
Overrated as fuck compared to Khalid bin al Walid.
>>
>>531509
>>531501
>>531496
>>>/pol/
You're missing the point.
>>
>>531496
Saladin isnt a heretic, he's a Pagan.

Heretic means your fucking up your own religious doctrine. Since Sally isnt Christian so he can't be a heretic.
>>
>>532064
He could be a Muslim heretic. Or is that just an infidel?
>>
>>532064

This. Not that Dante is a reputable theological source but Saladin is chilling in purgatory in Inferno, and Muhammad is a schismatic, not a heretic.
>>
>muh noble refined muslim

>>>trash
>>
I think OP asked for historical evaluation, what he got was Christian Fatwas about the guy.
>>
>>532076
Ironic in that you disagree with the crusader dudes you idolize so much. They loved the guy.
>>
>>532064
Islam wasn't a new religion. It was new revelation on the old religion. The books we know as the Bible weren't canonized yet, and many people knew of Jesus from many different, and sometimes conflicting, sources. Islam venerates the writings in the Jewish Old Testament and even Jesus. It sees itself as a continuation of those old teachings. It probably borrows much of its theology from Arianism, which was a Christian doctrine. Furthermore, Mohammedans regard Jews and Christians as a different type of infidel than pagans and those of other religions.

I mean, you could say that schismatics are not part of the religion. In that sense, you would have to say that Arianism, Nestorianism, Orthodoxy, Catholicism, Hussites, Protestant, Reformed, and Mormon churches are all distinct religions. You would also have to say that Judaism of today is a different religion than Old Testament Judaism due to the fact that the Pharisees oversaw a transition of Judaism from the Priestly Judaism to Rabbinical Judaism and, more specifically, Judaism of the Talmud rather than the Torah. You would also have to say that the Sunni, Shia, Sufi, and whatever other rethinkings of Islam are different religions. Schismatics are regarded as virtually nobody as separate religions.

>inb4 I get called out on the Hussites
Last I checked, the Moravian church was the modern Hussite church and were not in communion with the Pope.
>>
File: random ancient muslim guard.jpg (6KB, 176x207px) Image search: [Google]
random ancient muslim guard.jpg
6KB, 176x207px
>>531490
He was respectful to King Richard the Lionheart, but I do not know how he treat usual people.
Seems, spirit and meaning of islam was very modified from days of Saladin to this day.
>>
>>531545
Agreed
>>
Even christian monks liked him and he was one of the most bro tier guys in history. Which can't be said about modern muslims at all.
>>
>>531545
Why, just because he chilled with the founding fathers?
>>
The only sandnigger worth respecting is Kemal Ataturk
>>
>Under Saladin's personal leadership, the Ayyubid army defeated the Crusaders at the decisive Battle of Hattin in 1187, leading the way to the Muslims' re-capture of Palestine from the Crusaders who had conquered it 88 years earlier. Though the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem would continue to exist for an extended period, its defeat at Hattin marked a turning point in its conflict with the Muslim powers of the region.
>>
>>532064
Dante saw Muslims as heretical, i.e. a corruption of Christianity
>>
A man who is today revered by such a multitude of demographics that it really speaks to his character. How many figures are there, really, who've inspired the admiration of both Christians and Muslims alike?
>>
>>532516
Hitler.
>>
File: EPIIICC.jpg (172KB, 620x343px) Image search: [Google]
EPIIICC.jpg
172KB, 620x343px
>kebab not being removed
KEK. simply KEK, m8. TOP KEK
>>
>>532076
And people complain about posting >>>/pol/
>>
>>532178
By wahhab
>>
>>531509
He was actually a Kurd.
>>
>>531545
>Khalid bin al Walid

literally a savage animal murdering rapist
>>
>>532516
>he has the admiration of christians becuz a movie I saw

Overrated because the Crusaders wanted to make it look like someone special beat them. Basically, he was an opportunist who took advantage of the Fatimid collapse and the weakness of the Crusaders but failed to build anything enduring and the Ayyubids got BTFO just like everyone else did in the 13th c.
>>
A pretty exceptional tactician and state-builder. A smart dictator, which is good because that's the best you could do in the 14th century - most everywhere else were run by incompetent dictators.
>>
>>532069
Limbo. Not Purgatory. Purgatory is where Christians who have sins left to expiate have to go to before getting to heaven (in Roman Catholicism). Limbo is where virtuous pagans go, and yes, Saladin was there. So were Averroes and Aristotle.

Mohammed, on the other hand...he didn't fly so good.
>>
>>534517
You're such a shit poster.
>>
>>534517

Ah, yeah, limbo was what I was looking for. Like I said, Mohammad is still characterised as a schismatic (which is considered even worse) rather than a heretic, which is interesting.

I read Dante had read Muhammad was a cardinal who got butthurt that he wasn't elected as Pope and so broke off to form his own sect, but I'm not sure how true that is.
>>
>>532516
Rodrigo Diaz
>>
>>531490
He was a badass.

>>532064
Muslims were never considered Pagans by Christians for the same reason Jews weren't. They were infidels or in some cases considered schismatics.
>>
>>536341
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/paynim
>>
>>534517
>Interpreting the fate of one religious figure by the theology of a different religion
Hmm didn't turn out peachy did it
>>
>>536372
Dante gave the shaft to two popes as well. In fact, Dante was in exile from Florence not supporting the Pope.

His work is greatly inspired by theology, but it's still fanciful. The idea that Julius Caesar (who is also in limbo--Brutus is of course at the very depths with Judas) could be considered remotely virtuous in a Christian sense pretty much attests to that.

I'm Orthodox, and we, being classified as "schismatics", sure as hell didn't fare well in Dante's work, you don't see me whining about it.
>>
>>536341
medieval christians believed some weird stuff about islam, i'm pretty sure they would have considered them pagan, going from this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termagant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahound
>>
>>536449
Mind if I ask grill you a bit about christian theology?
>>
>>536449
Where are you from Constantine?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.