[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does make u interested in history, guys? What u find the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: goebbals_scowling.jpg (70KB, 470x700px) Image search: [Google]
goebbals_scowling.jpg
70KB, 470x700px
What does make u interested in history, guys? What u find the most entertaining about history?
>>
>>508557

"Is the alive man himself what we must found in the dust of the archives and the silence of the museums"
>>
>>508588
Who said that?
>>
"if you don't know history, you'll always stay as a child in front of the events"
I think Cicero said something like this
>>
When I was little I was constantly humbled by my elders and how much they experienced and how different their life was from mine. These days I'm humbled by everyday people since every 20-something I see have spend 20 fucking years doing something different than I have, have a completely different frame of reference and experience.

History is that feeling taken to 11.
>>
It is the key to the future
>>
>>508611

Georges Duby.
>>
>>508557
Why wouldn't someone be interested in the human discourse? It can reveal why "you" are the way you are, why your "family" is the way they are. Why your "culture" is the way it is. It is a helpful window into our own personal lives and the lives of other people/cultures.
>>
File: 20160104_172811.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160104_172811.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I like old stuff. I like items with history and stories that go with them.

> first transatlantic cable
> piece of the Berlin wall
> piece of the infamous Hindenburg
>>
>>508663
You have a knack for a true historian then i think. Endless fascination in people and their stories, where they came from etc was what drove me to history
>>
>>508557
I've always preferred geography and politics but /pol/ and /int/ are shitholes, and history involves both of those things.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.