[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is America the continuation of the Roman Empire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 12

File: nimitz.jpg (395KB, 950x1430px) Image search: [Google]
nimitz.jpg
395KB, 950x1430px
Is America the continuation of the Roman Empire?
>>
Do they speak a Romance language? No. Is it predominately Roman Catholic? No. Is Rome actually in America? No. Do Americans ever claim to be so, like the Russians, the Germans, the Ottomans and the Austrians? No.

So, no.
>>
Fuck no.

We're not cucks like Eurofags.

America is a superior civilization.
>>
>>496211
No, but it is a parody of the Roman Empire in it's own way. Just waiting for our version of Nero to show up......
>>
>>496230
English borrows significantly from French. Spanish speakers are the second largest linguistic element of American society. Hispanic immigrants have boosted RC in the US significantly, which was traditionally a mainstay of the Italian diaspora. The US is also the most powerful polity in human history

America is 100% the continuation of the Roman Empire
>>
>>496236
>waiting
>>
No America is not the continuation of the Roman Empire.

Our government style maybe based around some Roman/Greek ideals and also borrowing from the Dutch.

We have no land in former Roman Areas (I do not count Embassy or US Military bases because America doesn't have full sovereign control of them)

We only have a model of law and some style of similar government.
>>
Self-appointed sycophants who are largely unelected to mimic the Praetorian Guard? Check (CIA+NSA)

Large swaths of the country are wholly reliant on other parts for work and food and pay? Check.

Large amounts of the population living in subsistence? According to the average personal debt on Americans, Check.

Gridlocked Government incapable of passing any bills or laws which reflect the will of the electorate, or anything at all? Check.

Yeah, sure, they're the Roman Empire.
>>
>>496230
/thread.

Fucking everyone go home.
>>
>>496211
>capital not located in Rome
>national language not Latin
>national elite not ethnic Latins
>not an actual empire with functional emperors and territorial expansionist policies
>culturally and historically cut-off from Greco-Roman history and culture

Gee I wonder
>>
>>496262
Americans have a funny definition of "subsistence"
>>
>>496270
>butthurt yuropoor mad this his """country""" isn't the continuation of the roman empire

ave trump
>>
>>496211
I swear to god, "LE SUCCESSOR TO ROME" is the worst meme in Western History.
>>
>>496285
>Western
M8, Memorable Empires always get revived/claimed/copied by other cunts. Its not a Western thing.

Look at Post-Caliphate Medieval Islam
>Muslim Rulers of Persia or over extensive empires in General.
>WE PADISHAH NOW. Padishah being the title of Persian Kings
>Have the Ancient Persian Circle of Justice as a legal framework alongside Sharia Law.
>Domes n shit based off Persian architecture.
Look at fucking East Asia
>Korea/Vietnam/Japan: We China too!
>Mongols topple China = Korea going WE CHINA NOW
>Japan's habit of naming a lot of their periods based on Chinese history (i.e. Nanbokucho, Warring States Period, Meiji's Name to begin with)
>Kyoto being a copy of the Qin-Han-T'ang Capital City: Chang'an.
>>
whats with all those cars
>>
>>496211
It's a continuation of the Aztec Empire
>>
using the word "continuation" just makes you look stupid

but America will follow Rome's pattern of losing its democracy and dying due to their own militant bullshit.
>>
>>496211
why are there cars on the thing?
>>
>>496280
Roman empire a shit m8. Unlike Roman cucks, America will never collapse.
>>
>>496211
The Roman Empire made it what, 1400 years?

We'll be lucky to hit 300.
>>
No. The USA's a hegemonic power, not an empire. It's more like ancient Athens or medieval Venice.
>>
>>496391
>not 2000 years since glorious founding of rome
>>
While I wouldn't necessarily say that it is the continuation of the Roman Empire it is very clear that both share a common mentality and values, such as arrogance, militarism, corporatism, cut throat diplomacy and many more.

Also, the whole idea of the United States rising in the shadow of Europe is almost an exact parallel to Rome rising in the shadow of Hellenic cultures. The military comparisons are obvious, but really it's the type of person. There is nobody closer to the entitlement of a roman citizen than an American citizen. It's the same person in a different time, the champions of civilization that are just sort of an 8/10 civilization and all the 9/10 civilizations talk shit but they can't produce enough 9/10 guys to match the legions of 8/10 guys the romans got. Americans win their wars through industrial domination, infrastructure, and technological superiority.
They never have the best stuff, but it's good enough to be mass produced and completely overshadow the competition's ability. The romans were the exact same way, and the tendency of presidents to abuse their power is just like the tendency of consuls to abuse theirs.
>>
>>496236
george w bush my friend
and jesus fuck if what is recorded is true, nero was a badass motherfucker
>>
>>496277
euro anon here has a funny generalization of americans
>>
>>496230
Everything you asked except for the last one does not matter actually.

If somehow Rome had fallen with all institutions still in place, would the empire considered fallen? No. Was all parts of Roman Empire, Roman Catholic? No. Is Constantinople in Rome? No.

They just borrow stuff from Roman Empire, and early founders of US had fanboy level interest in Rome.
>>
Yes. They have senators, Roman numerlas everywhere and are Anglos.
muh last Roman legion
>>
yes, and merica is not the only one. http://www.antiquitas.lv/the-history-of-an-idea/
>>
Byzantium was barely a continuation of the Roman Empire. Anything after it is a joke.
>>
We use common law

We speak a West Germanic language

We are a former English settler colony

We are FAR from Roman. VERY. FAR.

Thread is shit, go home
>>
>>496238
>English borrows significantly from French.
Still a West Germanic tongue

>Spanish speakers are the second largest linguistic element of American society. Hispanic immigrants have boosted RC in the US significantly, which was traditionally a mainstay of the Italian diaspora.
And they should leave, this is an Anglo country
>The US is also the most powerful polity in human history
Irrelevant

>America is 100% the continuation of the Roman Empire
Kill urself
>>
>>496242
>Our government style maybe based around some Roman/Greek ideals and also borrowing from the Dutch.
Not even
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law
>>
File: 1421606031994.gif (3MB, 250x257px) Image search: [Google]
1421606031994.gif
3MB, 250x257px
Holy this, this fucking thread.
Off yourself children, you're too edgy.
>>
>>496505
Bush wasn't our Nero, senpai. I'd say we've not truly had one yet, but our closest competitor would be Obama. We should hope no future president is inspired by Obama, or we may actually have a true Nero on our hands.

http://keithhennessey.com/2013/04/24/smarter/
>>
>>496211
>Is America the continuation of the Roman Empire?

That's not a very continuous continuation.
>>
File: imperium-romanum2-584x1024.jpg (186KB, 584x1024px) Image search: [Google]
imperium-romanum2-584x1024.jpg
186KB, 584x1024px
>>
>>497891
>I'd say we've not truly had one yet, but our closest competitor would be Obama

Meme harder, /pol/rfriend.
>>
>>496211
>not made up of latins
>does not speak romance language
>not in Italy
>does not possess any territories that were formerly Roman

I'm going to say no.
>>
>>496211

No, very obviously not as pointed out by plenty of people.

The USA is the Byzantium of the British Empire. Commendable offshoot in itself but not quite as good as the original.
>>
>United
>States
>Of America
>>
>>498082
No u, /lit/friend
>>
>>496360
>using the word "continuation" just makes you look stupid
>but America will follow Rome's pattern of losing its democracy and dying due to their own militant bullshit.
That's not why Rome died.
>>
>>496211
No but they are falling just like the Roman Empire did
>>
>>496211

>all these autistic faggots who took OPs comment literally

Yes, America is Rome in the sense that its the current big swinging dick of the world
>>
>>496235
>America
>civilization

everyone laugh at the colonial pleb
>>
File: 1451758617268.png (150KB, 2120x2440px) Image search: [Google]
1451758617268.png
150KB, 2120x2440px
>>496371
lol
>>
>>496230
>Roman Catholic
t. Karl
>>
>>498424

>Americans are so uncivilized. They actually allow freedom of speech and dont offer their daughters to muslim immigrants!
>>
>>498490
>implying

i'm from a country that was won from muslim land and not only cleansed the kebab from western europe, but went troughout the world rekting muslim infidel scum, from north africa all the way to indonesia
>>
>>498442
How is this picture even demeaning? It's completely true and yet people revel in this and take pride in being inferior while mocking superiors? This is worrisome as it shows the people that created and use this image are not of sound mind.
>>
File: world-war-2-background.jpg (240KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
world-war-2-background.jpg
240KB, 1440x900px
>>498695
>superiors
lol, you're just brits in denial. a sort of backwoods anglo. how you can be deluded enough to claim you are somehow a separate civ from them is a measure of your childishness.

your country is not even 300 years old. the place you occupy at the top of the food chain as been occupied by many before you and, like all the rest, you will eventually be cast down by someone else. and when one contemplates the current decadent spectacle offered by the USA, one can't help but to think that time will come soon.

basically, fuck you, you arrogant upstart, uncultured cunt
>>
>>498490
>usa
>free speech

Also ton of prisons, militarized police, shit healthcare, crimes high as in africa shit education and immigration is dumb af (cartels gangs etc)

Europe is still much better then you cucks
>>
>>498826
We are separate because we have achieved something none have ever done.
Complete world domination with the only no one other civilization being able to challenge us.
And what assures this even more is shared nuclear missiles keeping and allowing us to rise uncontested lest there be mutually assured destruction. We can destroy the world, ourselves, or rise further.
It looks like we will rise even higher and people thinking otherwise have been fooled by fabricated diversions to keep them and the general population pacified or stuck on trivial matters.
>>
>>496211
Hell no, we're not beholden to ruins like eurocucks.
>>
>>498424
>Europe is a worthless, decadent, and a center for culture like Greece while America is neo-Rome.

Like pottery
>>
>>496211
No, Russia is the closest but they're still not it either.
>>
No. Turkey is
>>
>>498885
>famous last words
>>
>>498826
The united states is in the unique position to be a world power without any real effort because of we have 2 continents locked down, and 2 oceans protecting us. Europe, without the EU , will always be a chessboard between the real players, like Russia (albeit to a much lesser degree) and China, our only real rivals .

Europes time has passed, past glories are worthless.
>>
>>498885
Delusion
>>
>>498975
>China, our only real rivals

>no military
>economy fragile as fuck and on the edge of fall
>>
>>498931
the brits thought like that about 100 years ago. "The sun never sets on the British Empire!" well i got news for you, darling, the sun ALWAYS sets on the works of nations. if your country was old enough to shave you'd know that.

wonder how long you'll last. with your country's typical naivete, probably not long at all.
>>
>>498976
Same to you.
>>
>>498490
>usa
>free speech

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_speech_zone

top lel also this thread is more /pol/ or /int/ than /his/
>>
>>496211
Yes.
We are the spiritual successors.

Geography and politics all stem from a "spirit".
America and Rome share the same spirit, even our collapses are quite similar.
>>
File: lolp.png (334KB, 663x581px) Image search: [Google]
lolp.png
334KB, 663x581px
>>497748
>Roman numerlas everywhere
>Roman numerlas
>numerlas

Bullshit. Your "L" for 50 wasn't sexy enough for Great Sportsball Advertisement for Itself and Advertisers so we ditched it.
>>
>>498874
>Europe is still much better then you cucks
>then

what
>>
America is a continent you dope.
>>
File: 1442783669456.png (349KB, 1427x894px) Image search: [Google]
1442783669456.png
349KB, 1427x894px
>>496211
>>7502384

>one constitution and a few markets is an ethnicity

americans are not elitist:
they have poor vocabulary, poor syntax, poor tastes in aesthetics through clothes, food, design.

since they stem from the classical rationalist-liberal, americans have faith in their legal and scientific conventions.
americans love the quantification of the qualities [of things, qualities being produced by the mind all day long]. this is why, once they noticed the failure of their fantasy of objectivity and its adoption by the pleb, they invented inter-subjectivity that they have copied from the normative reason from kant.

americans have one constitutions and plenty of markets, that's all.
they admire the liberal merit of starting with nothing and controlling a few portions of a few markets. then they hate it, because they hate monopoles, which are always concrete, because they have faith in a fantasy that they call freedom through free-thinkers, still stemming from classical rationalist, but the pleb knows that freedoms of activities are less nihilist than the floods of the mind...
monopoles being concrete, they are in conflict with the pragmatic, concrete liberty of actions that the non-rationalists desire.

of course, this liberty of action remains pathetic, since most people are impotent as soon as they leave hedonism. americans leave through their entertainment industry, with leisure writing history, creating the social link, the inter-generational link.
>>
File: long live rome.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
long live rome.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Yes.
>>
>>498874
>Europeans actually believe this
How about you stop getting all your information from your favorite American rock bands.
>>
>>497834
>and they should leave
>anglo

Hi /pol/. Please imagine how boring USA would be without non "anglos." Shit food, shit music, ugly women. America is a marriage of different cultures based in a stock of whiteness. Bye /pol/.
>>
Is England the continuation of Carthage?
>>
>>500969
No, Russia is.
>>
File: memorial.jpg (239KB, 1185x778px) Image search: [Google]
memorial.jpg
239KB, 1185x778px
>>496211
No, but we sometimes fall into a habit of throwing Roman symbolism and architecture all over the place. Pic related.

Europe often does the same.
>>
>>501036
The title Tsar is derived from the Latin title for the Roman emperors, Caesar
>>
>>500969
The Ottomans are, obviously. They took over the land that was once Carthage and they finally conquered the Roman Empire.
>>
>>501157
Rome will never die.
>>
>>500709
>american in denial
>>
>>501157
>Literally Doric Greek architecture
>Roman

Are all Americans this retarded?
>>
Is Kazakhstan the continuation of Atlantis?
>>
>>496211

No.

If anyone in the world is it is the Roman Catholic Church.
>>
>>496211
metaphorically, yes. in some aspects, quite literally.
>>
>>496211
Is ure mom a contiuniton of my dick?
>>
>>497891

Your nero will be Donald Trump.
>>
>>501277

So is the german Kaiser.
>>
>>496211
>a corrupt senate
>patrician families
>institutionalized slavery
Not continuation in any sense, but a modern reenactment of the roman republic.
>>
File: 1450137818263.jpg (122KB, 807x807px) Image search: [Google]
1450137818263.jpg
122KB, 807x807px
The only thing happening in this thread is yuros broadly generalizing 318 million people and greentexting stupid replies to posts that have some actual thought to them.

Really there isn't too much of a difference between most yuros and most Americans, we both have masses of ignorant people, we both have poor ghetto people and we both have people who eat shitty food and dress dumb.

Besides looking at the extremes of both sides, there honestly isn't too much of a difference between us, but through my countless years of speaking to yuros on the internet I have noticed that they try their absolute hardest to pretend that there is, when truthfully, America is very similar to Western Yurope.
If you took all of the statistical data of our ghetto nignog hoods out of our statistical totals, America would be safer and richer than half of Western yurope.
Does that mean we don't have many problems of our own?
Hell no, many of us here do indeed understand the corruption in this country, we understand our current terrible economic situation, there are many aware U.S citizens.
Yuro's act like every single American is just a brainwashed cow standing in a pen eating burgers all day, you act like not a single one of us, out of the 318 million living here, can understand anything besides burgers and guns, and you do this to feel superior for some unknown reason.
The hostility I see from yuros to Americans is off the fucking charts, which is odd because most of the time I see an American lashing out with his freedom eagle beak it's in defense from a yuro's nasty unoriginal comment that he parroted from another yuro.

I guess what I'm trying to say is;
Be nicer, this is /his/, and be smarter because you;re a human being who is capable of complex thought.
>>
>>498636
And look where you are now, Portugal. Broke, alone and shitting yourself in a gutter.
>>
>>496429
too bad you will turn niggish in a few years and only down-hill from there. it's game over after less than 100 years.
>>
>>502812
>you
>implying I'm American
But yeah I already see the implosion of the US on the horizon, and I'm afraid of it because of all the international ramifications it will have due to globalization.
>>
Fuck the Nimitz, USS Theodore Roosevelt 4lyfe
>>
>>498874
>implying America has less free speech than Europe
I can say I like Hitler in public and not be thrown in prison
>>
File: 1434373431647.jpg (88KB, 601x465px) Image search: [Google]
1434373431647.jpg
88KB, 601x465px
USA is not related to Rome in any way.

Rome is the epitome of culture, art, beauty. America is nothing like that. It is ugly, fat and stupid.

Do me a favor OP and kill yourself. Rome is in no way a "continuation".
>>
>>497834

The South West United States and Florida say I'm staying.

Look up St. Augustine. It's the first city established by Europeans in the USA.
>>
File: rome_ga.gif (7KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
rome_ga.gif
7KB, 264x264px
>>496230
>Is Rome actually in America?

Get freed motherfucker!
>>
>>504539

Europoor detected, cry more bitter tears ho
>>
>>504539
Get the fuck out you Italiboo piece of shit. The Romans were butchers and savages. They were bloodthirsty, oversexed, overstimulated nutters. Their empire was built from sheer convenience, a confluence of events involving most of the Mediterranean's great powers collapsing at the same time. Fuck the Romans, barbarian fucks.
>>
America is the new center of Western civilization, if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>501801
It's actually Ionic.
>>
>>496505
>nero was a badass motherfucker
The men who served under Nero were the real men, the real spirit of the Empire.

Corbulo, Seneca, Thrasea Paetus, the Petronii brothers, that niggardly soldier from Falacrinae, and the folks who gave rise to the Antonine dynasty. The Pisonian conspirators, and Cassius Longinus too.

Nero gets some bad press (see the latest issue of the Journal of Roman Studies for Brent Shaw's article on how Neor definitely didn't abuse the Christians), but the biggest compliment one can give him is the effectiveness of his monetary reforms, which lasted some two hundred years.
>>
>>496211
The spear of Mars has been passed down from country to country after it was given to humanity.

It came to Earth by way of those who created a Hyperborean colony on this planet at the arrival of the people who would be called "Indo-Europeans" but are actually Martians. It is a spiritual object of synthetic nature. It passed from these first Sons of Mars to those who conquered and meshed with the first Indian people. Then it wound up with Sargon of Akkad to help him subdue the Mesopotamians. It then found its way to the Egyptians. It was taken from Egypt by the Israelis, who surrendered it to the Babylonians and then the Persians. It was won by Alexander, and somehow wound up in the hands of Hannibal. The Romans took it from him, and charged it with the defeats of many cultures. It then went to the Byzantines, who lost it to the Muslims. The Umayyads lost it to Spain. Spain lost it to the British, who lost it to the French. The Germans took it from France, and ripping it from them so forcibly caused empire in France to die for a time and caused empire to be born in Germany. Germany then lost it to America.

So, yes, America is Rome. Americans are the sons of Mars, the sons of Sargon, Nebuchadnezzar, Cyrus, Alexander, Hannibal, Caesar, Constantine, Justinian, Saladin, Cortez, Pitt, Napoleon, and Bismarck.
>>
>Brent Shaw's article on how Nero definitely didn't abuse the Christians

but Nero definitely DID persecute Christians, this is well-recorded, it was just never to any great extent, Diocletian was the guy who actually organized systematized massacres of the kind viewed in Hollywood Biblical Epics and Saints' Lives literature
>>
>>505617
And no one will ever topple America
>>
>>498252
No, it's why it decayed morally.
>>
>>505709
America is doing a pretty good job toppling itself right now.
>>
>>505652
>but Nero definitely DID persecute Christians, this is well-recorded
No, it's not. Do read the article: he shows just how little there is to support any such claims. Indeed, there are plenty of reasons why Nero would not want to slaughter a group of people who, if we're to go by what Paul was writing, were really trying to keep a low profile whilst they espoused peace and charity.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.