[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nubia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: google.com kush_camel_pyramids.jpg (99KB, 1000x559px) Image search: [Google]
google.com kush_camel_pyramids.jpg
99KB, 1000x559px
I've heard and seen the name come up in relation to Ancient Egypt, but was there anything culturally significant about the Nubian Kingdoms other than their interactions with the Ancient Egyptians? Also, how did the Nubians manage to rule Egypt for a time during the Middle Kingdom?
>>
They WUZ KINGS of Egypt for a period, actually.
>>
>>487882
Was that by military force or was that diplomatic?
>>
>>487877
Contrary to popular belief upper Egypt and lower Nubia have a common origin.

The paintings and reliefs you see of the two in relation to one another in Egypt is highly symbolic, both share a common East African and North African stock.

Beyond that they are first and foremost both a Nile riverine culture, more than any other neighbor they are most alike.
I find people talking about that dynastic era of refutable Nubian rulers ignore the very interwoven nature of two peoples.

Oh and Beja still exist today in Sudan and until the Ottomans still worshiped the Egyptian deities.
>>
Gods like Bes and Apedemak are of Nubian origin.

They were revered archers and helped restore native nile valley culture during the 25th dynasty.

They exported cattle, gold, ivory, and exotic furs
>>
>>487891
Warfare

They had really good aim
>>
The early Nubian kingdom of Kerma could have wiped Egypt out if they occupied Egypt after defeating them, but they didn't. At a later date, Egypt expanded to the south and did to Kerma what Kerma should have done to Egypt.
>>
HOL UP
>>
>>487891
Warfare. It also helped that Egypt at the time was an atomized shithole wrecked by the Assyrians.
>>
>>487960
The Assyrians invaded AFTER the Nubians

This was largely because the nubian pharaoh kept aiding rebellions in Canaan.

The writers of the bible wrote very highly of the nubians for their help.

This of course pissed off the Assyrian empire and the nubians fled.
>>
>>487882
African Americans are west African not east
>>
File: dinka woman.jpg (12KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
dinka woman.jpg
12KB, 236x314px
>>488203
Yeah, "pure" blooded East Africans are usually very dark brown to nearly black. Pic related, people genetically related to the Nubians.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.