[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TRIANON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 19

File: hung_map_trianon.gif (38KB, 565x387px) Image search: [Google]
hung_map_trianon.gif
38KB, 565x387px
HAHAHAHAHA

HAS ANY OTHER COUNTRY BEEN THIS KEKED BEFORE???
>>
File: Nederland-1815-1839-205x300.jpg (31KB, 205x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nederland-1815-1839-205x300.jpg
31KB, 205x300px
Yep
>>
File: occupied_germany_and_berlin.png (5KB, 452x409px) Image search: [Google]
occupied_germany_and_berlin.png
5KB, 452x409px
>>463125
Yes
>>
>>463125
Let's be honest; Hungary needed to be trimmed down. I just dont understand why Trianon gave Slovakia and Serbia a shit ton of land where Hungarians lived, when it was touching the hungarian border.
Was it just spite? Not going to touch on Szekelysobbgspifsland or whatever.
>>
>>463955
Post Austria dickhead.
>>
File: 2000px-Austria_1945-55.svg.png (131KB, 2000x774px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Austria_1945-55.svg.png
131KB, 2000x774px
>>464281
Austria wasn't split up though
>tfw no East Austria ODR
>>
Filthy dumb, magyar scum got what they deserved.

FUCK HUNGARY
>>
>I have a professor who is really into Hungary
>I told him about this board
>He might see this thread
What have I done
>>
File: 1449652422002.jpg (13KB, 255x236px) Image search: [Google]
1449652422002.jpg
13KB, 255x236px
>>464766
What could possibly have possessed you to do that
>>
>>464777
His historical banter was incredible 2bh f@m
>>
File: image.png (286KB, 1200x647px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
286KB, 1200x647px
>>463125
As a Hungarian, the real problem was that the new borders weren't along the ethnic lines. Ww2 Hungary best Hungary.
>>
>>464926
>muh ethnic borders

No. Pre-Trianon Hungary best Hungary.
>>
>>464926
>be binging Wiki
>come across "Vienna Awards"
>think its some fascists version of the Nobel Prize or Oscars
>>
>>464931
I'm judt saying that maybe if we didn't lost so many majorly Hungarian land to Slovakia, and of course Szeklerland, It wouldn't had been such an injustice.
>>
>>464943
Oh and of course Vojvodina. My gf is from there so I shouldn't forget it.
>>
>>464766
Autism, everyone. I don't know if your professor could ever look at you the same.
>>
File: Rzeczpospolita_Rozbiory_3.png (184KB, 2000x1568px) Image search: [Google]
Rzeczpospolita_Rozbiory_3.png
184KB, 2000x1568px
Poland was absolutely destroyed, and their "allies" did it to them.
>>
File: 816stephen9.jpg (56KB, 457x799px) Image search: [Google]
816stephen9.jpg
56KB, 457x799px
>>464943
I'm originally from "Slovakia" and this ethnic horseshit was what destroyed the monarchy in the first place, constantly redrawing the country based on ethnic borders is just pouring fuel to the fire.
>>
>>464994
I'm not saying that we wouldn't be better off with a union, because these tiny Eastern European countries just not powerfull enough on their own.

We should have had listened to Kossuth and make the Danube confederation.
>>
>>463125

18th century Poland, even though it took three partitions.

>>464926

The problem is that these borders didn't follow the ethnic lines perfectly either. Ethnically, Hungarians in the mainland and Transylvania were separated centuries ago.
>>
>>464756
This guy gets it
>>
>>464980
Fug, the painful decline of the glorious Commonwealth hits me every time
>>
>>465014
Yeah butnit could had been solbed with population change. There were around a million romanians in north Transylvania, Hungarians around the same, but there were still half a million Hungarians in the South. Take to Hungarians up and the romanians down.
>>
>>465014
>didn't follow the ethnic lines perfectly either.

But to be fair, besides North-Transylvania, which as was mentioned, could had been solved with population exchange (plus take it into account when that after the second Vienna award, lot of Transylvanian magyar came back who emigrated ion 1920), it was mostly fair. Ruthins actually got autonomy in Sub-Carphatia, which is actually the best thing that has ever happened to them, since they were always regarted as "mountain ukranians".
The slovak and serb annexations also had mostly majorly hungarian lands, (to be fair I do think backstabbing Yugoslavia was a mistake).
>>
>>465415
Population exchange is a shitty technocratic solution, arbitrary robbing people of their ancestors land. Eastern Europe losing its Germans was one of the greatest devastation of the 20. century.

It would make a slight reason if there was no other solution, but 2 millino Hungarian were/are living literally along the modern Hungarian borders in compact regions.
>>
>>463963
Czechs wanted the Danube as a natural border + waterway and the agriculture in the basin along the Danube, Serbs wanted the fertile plains of Backa and the economc centers like Subotica; the Romanian border is literally parallel to a railroad that connects Arad- Oradea - Satu Mare, hence assigning it to Hungary.

So basically all bs reasons that made some sense at time but not since the 50s.
>>
>>464926
>start a war of aggression that kills tens of millions of people
>there should be no punishment
this is what habsburgboos actually believe
>>
>>465502
It's all horseshit.

>we are all for ethnic nation states, but when it comes to strategic borders we don't really give a shit about ethnicity anymore

Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia were joke states and nothing more than French, British and American excuse to break up the monarchy.

>>465415
What's so sacred and unchallengable about the idea of the nation state that you need to kick out thousands of people from their homes so the borders fit your shitty concept?
>>
>start a World War
>lose it
>cry about the punishment
We fucking deserved it. Only couch-nationalists too dumb to fucking get it
>>
>>463963
>I just dont understand why Trianon gave Slovakia and Serbia a shit ton of land where Hungarians lived

The part that Serbia got was serbian since the middle ages only that Hungary occupied it when the Ottomans attacked and conquered Serbia.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voivodeship_of_Serbia_and_Banat_of_Temeschwar
>>
>>464756
>delayed the Ottoman advance into Europe for hundreds of years
fug off, Suleiman.
>>
File: Hungary_13th_century.png (356KB, 1757x1307px) Image search: [Google]
Hungary_13th_century.png
356KB, 1757x1307px
>>465817
>middle ages
>post a 19. century habsurgs created entity that existed for 11 years
piss off
>>
>>465766
Why not just dissolve Hungary altogether? We lost the war after all.
>>
>>465007
Exactly, brother.
>>
>>465725
>What's so sacred and unchallengable about the idea of the nation state that you need to kick out thousands of people from their homes so the borders fit your shitty concept?

Ok, population exchange itself is a shitty concept, but its not like they didn't do it constantly in the 20 and 40s. Romania wanted a nation-state constantly, so there you have it: if they would had given up Northern-Transylvania, today they would be homogeneous.

The borders were drawn along strategical points, not ethnic lines anyway, so yeah my solution is shit, I'm just trying to think a way to not completely fuck shit up if I was in charge of the borders in that time.

The best solution still would had been to not destroy the Astro-Hungarian Empire, but to make it into a federation, because as the 30s proved, these tiny nations can't do anything to protect themselves if the big boys decide not to help.
>>
>>465766
hungary didn't really want a world war. The magyar landowners realized how precarious their position was in their south slav possessions and knew that a war would rek them. blame the war on the austrians
>>
>>464980
They did it to themselves lad. Imagine a country ran by southern rednecks and white trash

>MUH CATHOLICISM
>MUH LIBERTY
>MUH CAVALRY
>MUH RUSSIA
>>
Why does Hungary get so much hate on /his/, by the way? Hungary is (along with Poland and Czechia) easily the most based countries between Germany and Russia.

>rich and interesting history full of heroes, dreamers and traitors
>high number of inventors
>glorious Hungarian architecture
>first country to stop the Ottoman advance into Europe
>based Hussars, entire Europe used to emulate them
>>
>>466545
Butthurt ex-minorities. Theres especially a bad infestation of retarded romanians on pol and it sometimes spill over.
>>
>>466545
Because hungarians are dickhead naziboo v.2 retards

And im hungarian (unfortunately)

Buzi
>>
keksimus maximus
>>
>>466332
The ignorance is strong with this one.
>>
>>464980
But they had the most honorable enemy. The ottoman empire even refused the recognition of the partition.
>>
>>465766
Hungary started the world war. Sure lets just ignore that it was the habsburgs and that they where forced undertheir rule.
>>
>>463955
>>464739
What upsets me the most is that the French got to occupy anything, as if they were somehow relevant and contributed to the war.
>>
Hungary literally has the worst diplomatic ability in Europe. You have to be borderline retarded to effectively not have one close friend among your neighbors.
>>
>>470144
>Seek independence & recognition from Austrian Empire.
>Bash other nationalities under Habsburg rule for doing something similar
Pretty much.
>>
>>470172
Yeah, but it's worse.
>ally yourself with Russia
>a dwindling economy, with a dictatorial asshole on top
>the same people that curbstombed you in 1848 and 1956

Are Hungarian diplomats functionally retarded?
>>
File: Poland.jpg (155KB, 983x757px) Image search: [Google]
Poland.jpg
155KB, 983x757px
>>463125
This is probably worse. At least Hungary still existed.
>>
File: perfect europe.jpg (625KB, 1789x1465px) Image search: [Google]
perfect europe.jpg
625KB, 1789x1465px
>>470200
Europe was so beautiful without Poland.
>>
File: Map Threads.jpg (397KB, 1258x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Map Threads.jpg
397KB, 1258x1236px
>>470220
> muh idealised perfect Europe
>>
>>470227
i kek'd some
>>
>>469795
Yeah, stick to reading Sienkiewicz's fanfics and praying to the poster of Pulaski on your wall.
>>
t. Albertók Barabós
>>
>>470117

They got a pretty big army going by the time France was liberated and the Free French did a decent amount of fighting throughout, not to mention the resistance. They might not have been as large a player as Britain, the Soviets or the States but it's not like they just sat back.
>>
>>470227

This looks like some Europa Universalis shit.
>>
>>470227

>Switzerland from sea to sea

its butifel
>>
>>470181
>ally yourself with Russia

This meme again. Most hungarians hate russians like any other ex-sovjet country, but having econokkc relationships woth a country doesn't mean we are best friends. They sell cheap gas, cheap uranium, we buy it, thats all.
>>
>>471530
I'm pretty sure Vicky doesn't give a fuck about the general populace while hanging out with Vlad.
>>
File: TreatyOfSevres.png (98KB, 1024x738px) Image search: [Google]
TreatyOfSevres.png
98KB, 1024x738px
>>470117
Funnily enough, the French were the first armed forces to occupy those parts of Austria, so it makes perfect sense to turn over post-war control to them.
These zones weren't created on a whim, they took into account how the respective nation entered Austria and what parts it had liberated. Quite a fair system, really.

>>463125
Meh, Trianon only looks drastic on paper, most of these lands were not even inhabited by Hungarians at the time of the treaty. Now if you really want to see something bad, have a look at the treaty of Sevres, which detailed the post-war plans for Turkey.
>>
>>472031
>most of these lands were not even inhabited by Hungarians
Yeah Hungarians only lost a third of their national population, no biggie and totally legit.
>>
>>472111
Yeah, no biggie, since they were the minority in all the lands they lost. And each and every man there hated their guts, except maybe the Croatians. Pre-1918 Hungary was Cuntland.
>>
>>471530
We do not hate russians, we just have a very loud right wing minority who think hitler is a god

We hate each other the most desu
>>
>>472153

What's your opinion on romanian/hungarian half-breeds?
>>
>>472167
I domt care
>>
>>472111
kek
Are Hungarians still upset about this today or have they been cucked into indifference?
>>
Macedon is THE cucking state
>Albania, Serbia, etc all want this piece of shit land
>Everyone laughs and turns that piece of shit land into Macedonia, denying all of them
>Macedonia clings to life by a thread to this very day, a shadow causing huge mounds of dirt to pile up over Alexander's grave due to the fierce tumbling of his corpse

>>464766
don't ask him for a recommendation letter
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 282x179px
>>472121
>since they were the minority in all the lands they lost.

Around 3 million people were cut of from the motherland, around 1,5 million lived right next tot the borders, like in Slovakia, or Serbia (not all of vojvodina, I mean places villages/cities LITERALLY next to the border, like Szabadka).

Lets be honest, at least they could had carried out a vote, like they actually did on the Austrian/Hungarian border, which is why Sopron is still Hungarian.

This "hated their guts" is such a buzzworld, yes the aristocracy was made of cunts, but don't act like the average peasant, which is actually what made more than 50% of the hungarian population, is blameable for magyarisation.

Just look at this map, I give it to you, the Szekelys in Transylvania were actually too far to have fair borders, but the rest of the green areas why had to be cut off?
>>
File: angry hank.jpg (9KB, 205x286px) Image search: [Google]
angry hank.jpg
9KB, 205x286px
>>470227
B O R D E R G O R E
>>
>>472111
So what?
The Germans in the Empire were hit even harder, prior to WWI there were about 12 million German speakers in the entire Empire, the state of Austria contained about 6,5 million after 1919.

I just don't get why Hungarians are still butthurt about Trianon today and everyone else is chilled out and accepts the post WWI peace treaties for what they were.
>>
>>465498
>Eastern Europe losing its Germans was one of the greatest devastation of the 20. century.
It was the best thing ever since Germans got there because of
>Gaymanoid butthurt
>Gaymany's inability to start their shitty Sudetenland tier scam claims
>>
>>465725
>What's so sacred and unchallengable about the idea of the nation state that you need to kick out thousands of people from their homes so the borders fit your shitty concept?
So faggot who says "oh here you have 20 Xanians living in Ykia, we have to LIBERATE them" is ignored by everybody.
>>
File: nagym-utem-SRB4.png (564KB, 1872x1282px) Image search: [Google]
nagym-utem-SRB4.png
564KB, 1872x1282px
>>475072
The answer to that is a mixture of greed, payback and winner-takes-all mentality, but most likely reason behind it was the railways running near the new borders that the succesor states wanted for themselves desperately.
>>
File: Névtelen.png (9KB, 871x615px) Image search: [Google]
Névtelen.png
9KB, 871x615px
>>472121
Your arguing is logically retarded since it means as long as you can extend broders that a group B is dominant in that area it is a legit land transfer.

Basically you say that in my example the black border is justified since the area handed to the blue nation (originally living behind border red) contains majority blues.

>>475357
The German-Austrian case is totally different and not a legitimate analogy to the Hungarian nation.
Austrian identity didn't really exist at time, for German-Austria the only true loss was Südtyrol and Sudetenland, they were not concerned with the Germans of Banat or Transylvania for example.

Then after the WW2 most of the issue was 'solved' by the deportations, and in Südtyrol Germans enjoy superb privileges plus Austria acts as a overseer of them to guarantee Italy won't curb their rights, a thing thats faintest idea would cause outrage in say Romania.

On the other hand the Hungarian question remained unsolved post WW2 and communism made it a taboo, theres a 40 years worth intercultural discussion we lack here.

>>475400
Nice meme arguments.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.