[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ancient Symbols Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: images (6).jpg (15KB, 473x311px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
15KB, 473x311px
Post Ancient Symbols and the meaning behind them.

The deeper the meaning, the better
>>
File: swaststars2.jpg (24KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
swaststars2.jpg
24KB, 360x360px
The Swastika was probably inspired by the rotation of Ursa Major (big dipper) about the star Polaris.
>>
File: Ankh_(SVG)_01.svg.png (103KB, 2000x3854px) Image search: [Google]
Ankh_(SVG)_01.svg.png
103KB, 2000x3854px
Spirit entering matter
also eternal life
>>
>>446268

I've heard it said that it symbolizes amplification
>>
>>446267
>446267
It was first used by mammoth hunters, how would they ever even notice this?
>>
The Ashanti people of west africa call the swastika the "monkey's foot".

When used on the gold weight, the swastika was a symbol of currency, expressing power, money, wealth and integrity.
>>
>>446267
I thought it represented the Galaxy
>>
>>446267
>>446320

I'd read that it represented the origin of life, and it's spread to the four corners of the world
>>
File: Hanumantal_kshetrapal.jpg (125KB, 800x843px) Image search: [Google]
Hanumantal_kshetrapal.jpg
125KB, 800x843px
>>446258
Lots of different interpretations of the swastika

What's interesting is how this is an ancient symbol found in cultures around the world, holding great significance in certain religions
Yet it's basically THE evil symbol in the western world
>>
File: EbWHHqw.jpg (69KB, 1327x641px)
EbWHHqw.jpg
69KB, 1327x641px
The earliest example of the swastika comes from the VinĨa symbols.
>>
>>446608
Nope.

Mammoth bones from Ukraine actually.
>>
>>446303
They weren't idiots and they had a really nice view of the stars every night (all humans like stars, so they would have been paying attention). They probably would have been able to figure out some rudimentary ways of navigating and determining what direction they were moving in in some absolute way, so they probably noticed that the stars rotated through the seasons.
>>
>>446320
how would ancient people know about the shape of the galaxy?
>>
>>446690

[spoiler]ayy[/spoiler]
>>
>>446336
I know that Germany and a lot of other Euro countries prohibit the use of the swastika on clothing and such things. I wonder if this law applies to Hindus, Buddhists, and other religions. Like if a Hindu tourist had a Swastika tattoo or something, would the German police detain him?
>>
File: loss.png (7KB, 636x626px) Image search: [Google]
loss.png
7KB, 636x626px
>>
>>446267
I've heard that norse farmers would use it as a symbol for Thor and that it represented lightning. There are extended versions that branch out wgich look really nice.
>>
>>446754
No, it's legal as a religious symbol.
>>
>>446761
I haven't seen one of these in a while. Solid kek, man.
>>
File: 1387340017.png (107KB, 532x533px) Image search: [Google]
1387340017.png
107KB, 532x533px
Nordic runes are the best.

Also, Finnish mythologic ancient symbols of pagan gods like Tapio, Ahti and Ukko. I'm named after one of these.
>>
>>446943
install gentoo
>>
>>446817

I guess I've missed this meme.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.