[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can an averagely intelligent hard worker succeed in academic pursuits?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Can an averagely intelligent hard worker succeed in academic pursuits?
>>
With the proper resources, most of which can be found online or at a local university library, and a bit of dedication, you can learn a lot.

If you're serious, see the policies for non-university affiliated individuals for borrowing books. A lot of them will allow you to use their resources.

It gets a lot of shit here, but Reddit is actually a decent place to find and catalog large amounts of information on any given subject. Avoid the comment sections, and stick to subreddits dedicated to academic topics.
>>
>>427273
>Can an averagely intelligent hard worker succeed in academic pursuits?

No. Neither hard work nor intelligence are related to academic success. Publishing is.
>>
>>427333
Pretty sure both of those attributes correlate at least somewhat with publishing senpai
>>
>>427273
You can learn, but you can't excel and get to a top of a field. Anyone can be an undergraduate, few can contribute anything.

Just my take.
>>
>>427354
But why is that exactly?
>>
>>427369
Because you have to be clever to come up with something new. Anyone can learn and anyone can understand. But can people make things? Im doubtful.
>>
>>427343
>Pretty sure both of those attributes correlate at least somewhat with publishing senpai

You must be a social scientist.
>>
File: schop.jpg (19KB, 236x306px) Image search: [Google]
schop.jpg
19KB, 236x306px
>>427373
Reminds me of Schoppy.
>>
>>427273
The responses you received are not strictly incorrect (there's a talent to academic success- if you define it as filling gaps in a field) but, and I really mean but as a positive real chance for success, if you work hard and interact with your course - both with the lecture group and professor - you WILL be recognized. Professors teach for a reason, to expand minds, they see potential and cultivate it.
>>
>>427404
I thought we were talking about academic pursuits, not making sausages and child minding.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.