[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of Napoleon Bonaparte?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (4MB, 3972x4695px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3972x4695px
What does /his/ think of Napoleon Bonaparte?
>>
File: 6.png (148KB, 328x577px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
148KB, 328x577px
Greatest general ever
>>
>>36777
>Russia
>>
>>36712

9.5/10 military general, possibly GOAT
7/10 political strategist

Ultimately he was too concerned with trying to join the nobility, and failed to realize that no matter how many battles you win, it will not grant you respect from the aristocracy.
>>
>>36875
>no matter how many battles you win, it will not grant you respect from the aristocracy.

Indeed
Napoleon just wanted peace, but other monarchs refused to let a commoner like him rule one of Europe's main powers
>>
>>36956
Even so, it's pretty crazy that he led France to hold off all of Europe for the better part of two decades
>>
Well, at least he gave the land to the peasants and didn't try to expropriate and give it to the central state to administer, like other revolutionary figures. That makes him ok in my book.
>>
What, you mean the Weltgeist?
>>
10/10 general, 0/100 politician
>>
>>36712
Great General. Underrated Statesman, people tend to focus on his battles so much that they forget to look at his rule. He was like an artist when it came to power.
>>
>>37047
He was a great statesman, and he cared about that more than war. But what else can happen when every other country surrounding him wants desperately to destroy him?
>>
File: 1442546046147.png (954KB, 3564x1870px) Image search: [Google]
1442546046147.png
954KB, 3564x1870px
>>37047
>0/100 politician

Based on what?
Most of his reforms are still active to this day in France and exported very well to the rest of the world
He's the reason behind metric system, right hand driving and his legal system is still the most popular in the world (pic related)
>>
In his early days one could almost consider his military mind something of a wonder.

When people look at unwinnable battles that were won, they point at Agincourt, Granicus, Pharlus, but if you guys haven't read up on the Battle of Austerltiz, you don't know shit about getting outfucking skilled. Seriously, breaking down that battle is like glimpsing at some sort of crazy genius level planning.
>>
>>36875
He should've just straight up killed or imprisoned all of them and made a network of co-operative republics desu
>>
pretty good guy
>>
>>36956
When I first started learning about the Napoleonic Wars I was horrified to find that the wars pretty much came about because the Monarchs of Europe were mad that the Bourbons were overthrown.

Millions died because a few nobles around Europe decided they wanted a Bourbon France.
>>
>>37126
Don't paint him as helpless, Napoleon certainly liked domination. Napoleons big mistake was going into Russia, he did that because he was so determined to have Britain be weak, but he had already pretty much dominated everyone else. He should have left the two highly defensive nations alone, took pride in his grand army, and look elsewhere.

There are some fights you don't win. After the battle of trafalgar, he should have just given up
>>
>>37317
Britain refused to make a peace with Napoleon which was why he had to pursue the continental system. He hoped he could get Britain to sign a peace treaty.
>>
>>37317
What about Egypt, friend?
>>
>>37396
Egypt failed because the French navy was shit
>>
>>37416
It would have failed anyway though
[spoiler] I reply to myself [/spoiler]
>>
>>37317
>After the battle of trafalgar, he should have just given up

Given up what?
You seem to forget that the Napoleonic Wars were started and fueled by Britain
Every time he defeated a coalition, Britain founded a new one to attack him
That's why he was so determined to invade Britain
It was literally the only way for him to obtain peace
>>
>>37317
That's pretty hypocritical to say considering Britain's whole diplomatic policy during the period was totally concerned with weakening and crushing Napoleon's empire. They pulled bullshit moves like using their ancient alliance with Portugal (which they rarely ever respected) as an excuse to send troops through there and into Spain, beginning their bloody and relentless campaign on the Peninsula. They'd even made buddies with the Turks and used their naval domination to totally fuck with France's trade, especially with the US. Napoleon's efforts to break down Britain were nothing compared to their ruthlessness against him.

As for Russia, Aleksander was basically doing everything he could to make Napoleon's invasion a necessity. He re-opened trade with Britain and he posed a massive threat to the Duchy of Warsaw. Napoleon's attack was the only chance he had; doing otherwise probably would have kept the wars going for a longer period, but after that he would have had no chance at victory.
>>
a manlet
[spoiler]But most manlets are good rulers[/spoiler]
>>
My fav person in all of history. There should be a Napoleon general desu senpai.
>>
>>38770
Same here senpai. I love him. I wanna get that picture framed up in my room eventually.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.