[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of Kemalism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: AtaturkSwing2.jpg (45KB, 333x467px) Image search: [Google]
AtaturkSwing2.jpg
45KB, 333x467px
What does /his/ think of Kemalism?
>>
>>359334
gay jew proxy
>>
>>359334

Unfortunately did not manage to modernise Islam.

Good ideology, good initial execution, fell apart due to how zealous MENA Muslims are.
>>
>>359334
It's like Fascism, but with more elections.
>>
>>359334
I was in Turkey during the years the Kemalists... dealt with the Islamists efficiently. The Turks were modernizing, stabilizing their economy and prospering with industrialization.

Kemalism works. What doesn't work is giving the Islamic parties rights. A coup didn't happen against Erdogan because the E.U. demanded Turkey follow it's procedures to get it.

From what I was told, the Army is the defender of the Turkish constitution. I believe it has a clause banning all talk of mentioning it as an Islamic republic.

Once Kemalism mechanicism for disposing of the trash went away due to "muh human rights", all of Turkey's progress has been slipping away.

It's quite tragic really.
>>
>>360572
It failed.
Good.
>>
>>359334
Turkey is still the most stable MENA state.

Syria - balkanized
Iraq - balkanized
Iran - 12ver crazies
Saudi Arabia - wahabist crazies
Lebanon - ineffectual
>>
>>359334
Not very nice people, but still better than what will become of Turkey under Erdogan.
>>
>>360595
go back to bed Comrade Putin
>>
>>359334
So was Ataturk a kemalist or not?
>>
>>359334
>that pic
so ataturk was autistic?
>>
>>360615
He was enlightened.
>>
>>360572
erdogan has held power for as long as he's had because the economy began booming until the least one or two years. he also has the backing of religious turks who are the majority. problem is is that its not clear exactly when turkey would have become secularized. how many more military coups would there have to be until the population is fully secular? as it happened, anyway, the islamic problem didn't come out of nowhere. it actually made a comeback in the 1970s and 80s
>>
>>360633
So he is profiting from the recent resource boom like Dilma Roussef and many of the African regimes?
>>
>>360151
He never made any move to modernise islam. He drank greek liquor just to fuck with ottoman muslims.
>>
File: Fusillades_de_Nantes.jpg (956KB, 1924x884px) Image search: [Google]
Fusillades_de_Nantes.jpg
956KB, 1924x884px
Like every other form of enforced secularism, it ended up more bloodthirsty and tyrannical than the religiousness it tried to replace.
>>
>>360151
He did modernize it.

He abolished the Caliphate.
>>
>>359334
It's a barbarian ideology for barbarian people so that they can deal with with a barbarian religion. I guess it's better than durkadurkallahakbar, but it's still a retarded ideology that makes turks think they re mongols and pure and that they need to get rid of armenian, greek and kurdish "pest" so that they can circlejerk while praising the almighty Tengri.
1/10 it's shit overall.
>>
>>359334
It's an idiotic ideology. Social engineering is fucked up, and that's the essence of kemalism. The social-darwinist and pan-turkic elements are delusional. Besides, every modern kemalist is a retarded one.
>>
Exactly how bad and/or backwards was it for the average mussulman in 1920 that an atheistic guy like Ataturk full of righteous (lol) fury was able to rejigger Turkey into something new
>>
Kemal was a kek to Europe
Imagine if some guy came to power in your country and said a foreign culture was better than your culture, you'd hate him
>>
>>359334
fucking based. Only hope for Turkey/Near East Islamic states.
>>
>>361106
>implying he wasnt right
>>
>>360844
you got it. These article I read a few days ago adds some good details. the general theme is that China's economy has slowed down and it has effected many countries

turkey
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/30/business/international/tensions-with-russia-add-to-a-chill-in-turkeys-economy.html
>>
Why does Ataturk look like my grandpa and that other guy look like my uncle...?

Wait... Does that mean I can actually call myself Mongolian?!
>>
File: ataturk_fedora.png (70KB, 243x324px) Image search: [Google]
ataturk_fedora.png
70KB, 243x324px
>>360615
>>360630
>>
>>361106

Doesn't that apply to pretty much every western country if you go back far enough? The idea of developing everything endemically ends up with a juche state.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.