[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it acceptable and the expected behaviour to wank over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: marvels_eye_02.jpg (25KB, 298x440px) Image search: [Google]
marvels_eye_02.jpg
25KB, 298x440px
Why is it acceptable and the expected behaviour to wank over Greek legends but spit on American legends?
>>
>>358792
Because when Patroclus died, he stayed dead.

He didn't come back 40 years later to reveal he fucked Gwen Stacy.
>>
>>358796
When you think about it, we keep adding and addng to these "myths", but every x amount of time we compile the parts we like the most into a shortened version (e.g. movie versions) that more easily fits into our collective memory.
Didn't ancient peoples do the same? Add lots and lots of bullshit and then people just cut it away when it became too much?
Did Romans invent the retcon?
>>
>>358792
Are you seriously stating, that superheroes are American mythology?
>>
>>358813
>Didn't ancient peoples do the same?
No, because there was no central figure with copyright claims to establish an official version and to make retcons. Every time a guy preferred his own geadcanon to his temple's, he just established a new sect, his god a different facet of the divinity. Retcon shit only happens when you have an organized centralized religion like the abramic ones.
>>
>>358792
>>358819
Fascinating idea, btw, but you need to give me reasons of justification.
>>
>>358792
Fuck off
>>
>>358792
>American Legends
>LE THERE WAS A BIG GUY WHO CHOPPED TREES.
It's shit.

If we're talking of American Legends let's hear about Skinwalkers and muh Wendigo, not redneck tales.
>>
File: Wonder Woman mansplain.png (505KB, 640x394px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman mansplain.png
505KB, 640x394px
>>358792
Greek legends didn't pander to demographics to sell copies and keep shareholder happy
>>
american legends such as? Comic books are not fucking legends you shitfuck if you mean something like Bigfoot, Wendigo etc then no one spits on it.
>>
>>359156
I do desu, most of them are lame. The few ones that aren't are all native american (which doesn't mean they don't have lame legends too).
>>
>>358876
Plenty of American mythology.
>Brer Rabbit stuff, Hoodoo Voodoo negro shit.
>Native American coyote tricksters
>Spooky Spiccy chupacabra bullshit
>Wild west frontier mythology

Pretty based I'll admit, and I generally believe America is a cultureless hell.
>>
>Society collapses
>1000 years from now, stuff starts picking back up
>People will write theses on how Superman was seen as the new Achilles.
>>
File: download_180620.jpg (30KB, 461x403px) Image search: [Google]
download_180620.jpg
30KB, 461x403px
>>359205
>Its the year 4015
>After sifting through the ruins of New York City, long lost texts are discovered along with several hieroglyphs
>These texts have been translated to speak of supermen with amazing abilities like flight, super strength, and laser beams from their eyes
>"Now did the ancient beings worship these super men as gods? They were important enough to record on their primitive paper."
>Whether these supermen were actually men or in fact alien beings worshipped as divine is a point of contention among ancient alien theorists.
>"Were ancient men stupid? Of course not. They had to be trying to record what they saw. These 'supermen' had to be something incredible. I think they were aliens worshipped as primitive Gods."
>>
File: 1432497943259.gif (904KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1432497943259.gif
904KB, 500x532px
>>359205
Fuck this gay Earth.
>>
>>359205
>>359270

They already do this. You would be surprised how many students chose to write about the latest Marvel movie and the conflict between sexes in it than, say, a book. At all.

I weep for the people who 1000 years from now will rediscover how ancient computer works and do serious archaeological research about, comparing people posting about their waifus on the same level as the Dead Sea Scrolls.
>>
>>359269
I wonder if aliens would become Earthboos because they would buy that shit the same way we bought exageratted tales about samurai
>>
File: batman.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
>>359205
>"In dark chambers of huge temples, the peoples united in worship of anthropomorphic bats and spiders."
>"they built cult images and idols for these gods and buried them in the basement of their rooms to protect their houses, a dedicated priestly figure, choosen among the family, was selected to stay in the basement with the idols and holy books for reasons until unknown"
>>
File: tec-cv855.jpg (978KB, 951x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tec-cv855.jpg
978KB, 951x1440px
>>358819
Are you claiming they AREN'T?
>>
File: enab.png (646KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
enab.png
646KB, 569x802px
>>359312
>eventually ancient video recordings of a thing called a "film" are found
>feature two polar opposites: a small government man (presumably representing the state) and a mask wearing big man (presumably representing primordial chaos)
>>
File: batwoman.jpg (565KB, 1000x1516px) Image search: [Google]
batwoman.jpg
565KB, 1000x1516px
>>359324
I'm still angry with DC replacing batwoman's team
she was pretty much the only well written gay main character and they replaced it with vampire rapists
and then canceled it
>>
>>359189
>Hoodoo Voodoo negro shit

I love this, I find the combination of cultures fascinating.
>>
>>358792
GTFO comic book faggots
>>
>>358819
Most Americans believe Spiderman exist, so why the fuck not?
>>
>>359325
Beautiful. Takinng a piss guy and smee are disciples.
>>
>>358792
Because greek legends were often recorded by famous literary men
Comics on the other hand...
>>
Comicbook characters are kike legends.
American legends would be Johnny Appleseed and whoever
>>
>>359285
I wouldn't be surprised if many ancient works of art were just some bored guy fucking around.
Take those carved fertility goddesses from the dawn of civilization, there's a fat chance they weren't goddesses at all but simply wank material for some fat fetishist.
>>
Superhero shit is ultra gay and so are Americans.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.