[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switzerland independence during world wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

>lurk on this board
>nobody obeys the rules
>obvious politics being discussed
>nobody uses good arguments
>trolling
>blatant racism
>shitposting
>propaganda

This board exists for about 6 hours now? and its already turned to pure shit and cancer.
Good job 4chen. You have proven yourself yet again.

------------------------------------

Now lets make a good thread.

How could Switzerland remain neutral in World War 1, World War 2, and the Cold war?
In WW1, and WW2 some other countries also wanted to be neutral, but they got invaded and shit on.
Now a days Switzerland isn't even part of the European Union.
Why is Switzerland among the richest countries in the world?

https://www.finma.ch/de/news/2015/10/mm-tbtf-20151021/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banks_in_Switzerland
https://www.uek.ch/en/schlussbericht/synthesis/ueke.pdf
http://www.henrymakow.com/the_secret_of_switzerlands_suc.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland_during_the_World_Wars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_powers_during_World_War_II
http://history-switzerland.geschichte-schweiz.ch/timeline-switzerlands-history.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Swiss_history
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland

During the World Wars Switzerland exported weapons, ammunitions and other goods to all sides of the war.
Not only that but the Swiss banks since the world wars towards this day holds the money of many governments and companies all over the world.

Please do NOT respond if you have not read the above sources or have some good knowledge on the subject matter. I am not voicing my opinion here, I am just asking questions (wich hopefully we can discuss in a civilised manner). In any case I want you to think for yourself and draw your own conclusions.
>>
>>35749

>So lests make another thead about the WWs!
>>
OP, you have to report posts that break the rules. The mods are doing a good job cleaning this board up but you have to help by reporting shitposting or racism.
>>
No one needed to cross Switzerland.

It's some kind of fortress, a lot of men would be needed.

Why the fuck would you attack them.
>>
>>35749
>How could Switzerland remain neutral in World War 1, World War 2, and the Cold war?
Situated in the mountains, historically a nation of extremely brave and strong warriors (there's a reason Swiss infantry used to be the gold standard and Pope still has Swiss guards) armed to the teeth, home of bankers.

It's a hedgehog of countries.
>>
>>35749
Not sure if you noticed but they live on a fucking mountain.
>>
File: physical_map.gif (698KB, 1800x1203px) Image search: [Google]
physical_map.gif
698KB, 1800x1203px
>>36555
>>36154

Not everything in Switzerland is mountains. There are many 'relatively flat' parts and hills.
Austria who is just as mountainous or maybe even more mountainous as Switzerland got invaded. Many other countries are also not very geographically suited for war, but they did not remain neutral.

>a nation of extremely brave and strong warriors
Could be said of many other nations. Switzerland doesn't even have as much combat history or experience as many other nations.
Brave and strong warriors does not explain never being invaded by other nations that have a much larger and more technological advanced army then Switzerland.
>>
>nobody obeys the rules
>trolling
>blatant racism
>shitposting
>propaganda

Is that not what we're supposed to do on 4chan, my fellow redditor?
>>
>>35749
>nobody obeys the rules

Site examples. This is the best behavior you can get out of a 4chan discussion board currently.
>>
File: CCRTV.jpg (21KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
CCRTV.jpg
21KB, 500x278px
>>37085
that's what /b/ and eight-chan is for.
If you want to shitpost so badly I encourage you to go there. Nobody is stopping you. I dont care. Just leave other boards alone and everyone will be happy.

>everyone who disagrees with me is a redditor or a normie
>>
>>35749
in WW1 some nations considered invading switzerland to get the upper hand on their enemy, but this was quickly dismissed as it would have brought in another nation and another front in a war that was already in a stalemate

in WW2, hitler was too preoccupied fighting the soviets and preparing against the rest of the allies (which is why he invaded denmark and norway) to bother with a neutral in the middle of europe, and he never really wanted to push much past the rhine and danube.

the cold war never went hot, and there was never really any reason to pressure Switzerland into joining NATO
>>
>>35749
>nobody obeys the rules
>trolling
>blatant racism
>shitposting
>propaganda
Welcome to 4chan
>>
>>35749
Rule nazis need to fuck off

This is 4chan bitches
>>
>>37453
Why, so that this place can turn into /pol/?
>>
This board is going to be right wing, soz
>>
>>37541
Better that than cgl
>>
>>37615
What happened to /cgl/?
>>
>>35749
>now lets make a good thread
>posts a bunch of wikipedia articles
lel, get out OP
>>
>>37541
>/pol/
as opposed to /b/, or /lgbt/, or /soc/, or /mu/?
Why the fear of /pol/?
>>
>>37694
because mean words hurt liberal feelings
>>
The real question is why such non-country exist?
Split territory for France, Italy and Germany then give all the wealth to euros.
>>
>>37694
It's a board filled with illiterate meme nazis. 60% of its content is literally shitposting. There's no serious discussion on /pol/, just like on /b/, the only difference being that /pol/ shitposts about politics while /b/ shitposts about anything.
History however is an academic discipline and there's no place for eg. holocaust deniers and their sciolism. And this is precisely the reason we don't need another /pol/ clone. It'll only serve the bastardization of history.
>>
>>37694
Because /pol/ is the obvious cancer that this place will turn into, not any of those other boards.
>>
>>37918
>history is an academic discipline and there's no place for different points of view
whatever you say senpai
>>
>>35749
There real question here is why would you waste your time trying to occupy a small country within the Alps.
>>
>>37990
>different points of view
That's not what he said.

He said this place doesn't need to turn into a huge pile of shitposting, neo-nazis, and jew memes.
>>
>>36985
The elevations are still quite high there, don't you think?
>>
>>37990
that's not what I said. However, there are absolute truths, even in history and some things are indisputable. A fuckton of SERIOUS historians has spent the last 2 fucking centuries compiling credible sources to give us the best picture of the past. Now I don't wan't some 15 year-olds to come up with blogspot posts and youtube videos which "refute" the holocaust to please their edgy ideological interests.
And this is precisely the reason why most of the serious discussion will stay on /lit/, mark my words.
>>
>>37939
In what way beyond Jewish influence on modern western societies?
If anything there needs to be a counterargument against the postcolonialist apologetic crowd, and screaming /pol/ whenever someone makes a detracting statement over the technological achievements of Africa or the Jewish origins of Communism and Bolshevism will not add to the discussion.
>>
>>38185
okay faggot, answer me this one

why has the auschwitz death toll dropped numerous times yet the 6 million figure remains the same?
>>
>>38335
bc da joos obv orchestrated the holomeme LOL baka fucking j00z right? desu senpai ok_hand
>>
>>38418
I sense an australian behind this post
>>
>>38473
If you were expecting a serious answer to your question then I'm really sorry anon.
But there's no doubt about the authenticity of what scholars have to say happened to the jews between 42-45'
>>
>>35749
oh look another faggot complaining about everything
>>
>>38537
:^)
that was a different goy

>But there's no doubt about the authenticity of what scholars have to say happened to the jews between 42-45'
theres also no doubt that questioning the shoah is illegal in many countries.
now why would you need to make something that is so obviously undeniable illegal to question?

and you still didn't tell me where almost 3 million Jews in Auschwitz disappeared to.
>>
>>35749

>big ass mountains on all sides
>literally no strategic value
>every citizen was trained to an officer standard and armed

Not worth the effort m8. If there's a black hole in Europe, it's fucking Switzerland.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.