[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWII Literature Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1505514699888.png (313KB, 635x888px) Image search: [Google]
1505514699888.png
313KB, 635x888px
Hello /his/! /g/oy here.

I've been trying to create a comprehensive analysis of WWII, but I'm lacking a few sources to cite from. Does anyone have any books or documents they find interesting that they could recommend?

General WWII Literature thread
>>
>>3393258
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_the_Third_Reich
>>
File: read his fucking book already.jpg (19KB, 200x294px) Image search: [Google]
read his fucking book already.jpg
19KB, 200x294px
>>3393258

With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge and Catch-22 should be mandatory reading for all WW2 history classes.
>>
Here's some resources I have, extending into things like the battle of Khalkhin Gol:

>Forgotten Ally: China's WW2 by Rana Mitter
About the second Sino-Japanese War

>Japan 1941 by Eri Hotta
Talks about the political situation in Japan that led up to the decision to go to war in 1941

>In the Skies of Nomonhan: Japan Versus Russia May - September 1939 by Dimitar Nedialkov
Looks at the air war component of the Battle of Khalkhin Gol

>Nomonhan, 1939: The Red Army's Victory That Shaped World War II by Stuart D. Goldman
Overall look at the Soviet/Japanese border incidents with a focus on the Battle of Khalkhin Gol

>The German War by Nicholas Stargardt
Looks at the home front in Germany during WW2.

>Red Phoenix Rising by Von Hardesty
Looks at the development of the Soviet Air Force over the course of WW2. It demonstrates a lot of these changes by focusing on several campaigns - Barbarossa, Moscow, Stalingrad, Kuban, Bagration, and the offensives of 1945

>Where the Iron Crosses Grow by Robert Forczyk
A look at Crimea in WW2. Covers the air operations from the peninsula after Barbarossa, the German conquest, occupation, liberation by the Soviets, and then immediate aftermath of the liberation.
>>
>>3393258
who is this bitch?
>>
>>3393968
Juana Inés de la Cruz
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.