[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it an inside job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: HMS-Hood-in-Colour.jpg (46KB, 800x464px) Image search: [Google]
HMS-Hood-in-Colour.jpg
46KB, 800x464px
Was it an inside job?
>>
>have a boat
>it isn't even that good because of being a pre-jutland design that was hastily uparmored during construction
>it somehow becomes a national icon
>constantly sail her around trying to convince the world that you're still the strongest navy in the world
>years go by, the boat gets older and older
>she could use a pretty major refit
>nope, can't do, we need her showing the flag here and there and ferry vips
>her armor isn't capable of handling modern threats and her max speed has dropped 3 knots from when she was commissioned
>shit hits the fan, krauts start another chimpout
>no time to refit her now
>she spends first year by doing very little outside of shelling surrendered frog ships
>krauts send one of their battleships to raid shit
>sent to intercept
>know that her deck armor can't handle large caliber hits
>have another ship with you that is both armored to with stand such hits and is about as fast as hood is with her worn out machinery
>maybe her should sail first and hopefully take most of the german fire?
>nope, muh pride of the royal navy
>krauts open fire
>it goes through the deck and blow whole ship up
>spend rest of the eternity pretending that bismarck was some unholy supership that had no equals in the world instead of overengineered piece of shit whose design was downright archaic when compared to other ships launched around that era
>>
>>3392716
eternal anglo in a nutshell
Bismarck was garbage and the fact that it destroys a WW1 Battlecruiser doesn't impress me one bit
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.