[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pakistan's Incredible Indelible Inter-Services Intelligence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Pakistan_ISI_Logo.png (79KB, 250x269px) Image search: [Google]
Pakistan_ISI_Logo.png
79KB, 250x269px
In 2011, almost a year after the Raymond Davis incident in Pakistan, the International Business Times released a ranking of top intelligence agencies. Topping that list was Pakistan's ISI, followed by the CIA and MI6.

https://unvis.it/ibtimes.co.uk/intelligence-agencies-world-2011-261075

Sandwiched between China and India as well as Russian (previously as the USSR) and American interests, the ISI may have been destined for plenty of practice to refine their operations. Pakistan's Military regarded itself as forged for war, being one of god's "Martial races."

But are they moreso a nation of super spies?

I'd like to use this thread to explore all things relating to the capers and adventures of Pakistan's barely fabled intelligence service, the one that seems to have bested nearly everyone else's.
>>
I think the most accessible starting point for learning about the ISI, especially as an American, is Season 4 of Homeland. Where the Americans leverage technology, complexity and money, the ISI is shown to be yet more cunning, capable, and ultimately victorious.

For instance, for the US to conduct a drone strike, it needs to coordinate a number of assets on the ground, in a command center and perhaps even legal representatives. There are often political and personal intrigues that undermine the US's own efforts in these far away places. But these are also trained professionals, people who are very good at their jobs, even if their roles have been designed by people who could sooner imagine the machine elves than life in the NWFP.

Meanwhile, the ISI can pay a peasant a pittance to enroll in a US training program and gun down some expensive US special forces soldiers.

Consider too that life is very cheap in Pakistan, at least as far as the military and ISI are concerned. You'll never run out of martial-blooded Pajeets to send at the Yankee super soldiers.
>>
Whole place needs to be fucking destroyed but yes the ISI is formidable, Homeland is not a good source.
Zia's ISI took the US and Saudi billions and actually engineered the destruction of the soviet union in Afghanistan. Since then they actually have a robust service fit for the modern world, the same isn't true of those we still think of as great powers.
>>
>>3391029
25 year rule buddy
>>>/pol/
>>
File: Morph.jpg (183KB, 536x525px) Image search: [Google]
Morph.jpg
183KB, 536x525px
>>3391137

ISI was founded in 1948, Pakistan in 1947.
>>
>>3391112

How much do you think the British Raj contributed to their later efficacy? Maybe tons of money is enough, but I always wonder if their organizations, internal culture and processes owe more to British rule.
>>
>>3391202
Outside of drinking tea and speaking English they have very little in common with their British counterparts. They laugh at the dilapidated state of MI6, or at-least they did according Charlie Wilson's war
>>
File: 1475598109016.png (858KB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
1475598109016.png
858KB, 1600x1597px
>>3391029
>Pakistan's Military regarded itself as forged for war, being one of god's "Martial races."

>martial races
>cant win against Indians
>get completely BTFO and lose Bangladesh
>would get overrun immediately in an open non-nuclear war

L M A O
>>
Isn't the ISI heavily infiltrated by Al Qaeda and Taliban sympathizers?
>>
>>3391396

The Taliban was heavily supported by the ISI to keep Afghanistan weak.
>>
>>3391396
The other way around
>>
>>3391384
Post Zia Pakistan is incredibly formidable though. I don't like them but this is true.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.