[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made Stalingrad so horrible when compared to other WW2 battles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What made Stalingrad so horrible when compared to other WW2 battles?
>>
>>3390763
What makes you think it was so much more horrible?
>>
>>3390779
it's always mentioned as one of the worst battles in history, comparable to WW1 Western Front grinders like Somme, Verdun, Ypres etc.
>>
>>3390792
Honestly, I think that gas made WWI worst

Not downgrading Stalingrad tho, Rat warfare was really ugly
>>
>>3390792
Mentioned by whom? One of the worst in what sense? Is there point to this thread, or are you just trying to get people to respond to you? If that's the case, here's a reply. Now fuck off.
>>
>>3390804
>Mentioned by whom?
Wikipedia
>>
>>3390804
>Mentioned by whom?
WatchMojo
>>
Stalingrad is a meme battle overused by cinema and video games. Most of the fighting wasn't even inside the city.
>>
>>3390763
Nothing

The eternal Russian just memed it into being important.
>>
Huge scale urban warfare ww1like except you replace trenches with buildings, on dreadful winter conditions and as a red army soldier the 'no step back' policy and no supplies as a german soldier
>>
File: stal.png (508KB, 550x822px) Image search: [Google]
stal.png
508KB, 550x822px
>>3390792
It's just a figurative landmark for a front nearly 2,000 miles in length. Tank warfare may thrive in open country, but a historical narrative doesn't, you need points of reference. Even Stalingrad itself was nebulous; a massive battlefield stretching 40 miles, an encirclement so large the Germans operated seven airfields within the 'cauldron', the majority of the Sixth Army never actually entering the urban areas of the city, etc...
>>
>>3390763
it was cold
>>
>>3391236
2/3 of the battle was fought in open tundra
>>
>>3392606
Show me a CoD Stalingrad level in a tundra or you are lying.
>>
>>3392618
>>3392606 btfo
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.